Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

o/t for james mayette and all cali people

TREV

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...What Bill and Don are doing is not going to hurt you so what makes you feel the need to belittle them?...

No belittleing them... just that the people of this nation have spoken and to the vast majority (even here in Kalifornia) have decided that marriage is reserved for a man and a woman PERIOD, end of story and they are choosing to defy that. It is against the law, and the next person that tells me that the plight of the homosexual is the same as the plight of someone of color is gonna get slapped (verbally of course... no need for violence) Homosexuality is a CHOICE and someone's skin color (except for Michael Jackson) is there by birth - no choice in the matter, entirely different issue.

JM2C

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Yo know what's funny... for all the "lovy dovey" stuff the gays talk about..., they are more likely that straights to be involved in a domestic violence issue.

James teh gettin the ol nomex suit on flame.gif

I know someone who had open heart surgery. He found out a little later that one of the blood donors has HIV that they missed during the screenings. Now, he is HIV. Yes, the donor turned out to be gay, though he didn't admit it when asked before donating blood!! mad.gifmad.gif

UH, back to the original thought here, I drive 14 miles. Takes about 15 minutes, from my home on the old family homestead, to the job in a town of a whopping 3000. Biggest danger is watching for deer and other critters on the road! You guys can keep your big cities! Sometimes we even shut down in the middle of the afternoon for a round of golf! Just don't beat the bosses dad!

It looks like this thread has been hi-jacked.

firebounce.giffirebounce.giffirebounce.gif

Getting back to the original questions, I drive 36 miles ONE WAY. The reason is not the great pay, but that I own a house that is fabulous. It is on 8,000 sq feet, hugh living area and in fantastic condition. The day I went to look at it, it was as if God said to me, "This is my gift of grace to you." I could not have asked for better (maybe next time).

Code_Breaker

cheers.gif

I used to live in a small town in western Illinois (almost on the Iowa boarder) and took a job in Milwaukee Wi. it was about 3 hrs each way. I took an appartment and drove up on Monday, back on Friday. Did that for about a year before we moved up here. I worked about 60hrs a week because it was more fun than going home to my 1 room studio apt.

Mike Mattera

I'm 35 miles/45 minutes each way to my work. Can't afford to move, the village the workplace is located in is growing, and so are the prices! lots described as "under 1/2 acre" (more like 1/4!) are going 45k-55k last I looked. And those were backed up to a steep hill!

John

I'm very lucky. Because I own my own business, I located the company after I bought the house: 15 minute commute and I never get on the freeway.

I grew up in KY where 30 minutes was considered a very long commute. It is way different out here. A 1.5hour round trip to eat dinner is not considered a big deal. Of course, I think some counties out here are bigger than the many states in the east.

Distances are just much longer. You get used to it pretty quickly.

didn't mean to hi-jack, sorry.

i drive about 5 miles or a little less. takes less than 15 minutes, no highway, easy relaxing drive.

i used to work in downtown cleveland. that was for the birds! terrible rush hour traffic and parking costs forced me to take the bus.

some interesting comutes for you all.glad to see responces from all over the nation.

glad it got back on track before the lock came out.

hopefully karen will come back in and see we can be civilized .

cheers ,

trevor

I have a 88 mile trip each way. Takes 2.5 hours both morning and evening. Yep 5 hrs. total.Am I nuts? cuckoo.gif naah, I live in paradise (Forest Falls) and have for me, the best job in the world(instrument maker for the USC school of med.)I drive down the mountian 27 mi. to the train station and take the metrolink to LA. USC picks us up and then we reverse the game and go home. Metrolink is pretty nice I get to read or snooze and not think about traffic. My ticket cost is $236 monthly and is much cheeper than ammo for the drive down the 10 curse.gif freeway.

I am blessed to live a few short minutes from work with a distance of around 2 miles. I used to live in Vancouver where I was caughtup in the rat race and I am glad that is over. When I have family is visiting, from the east, I can even go home for lunch. I have to say I was lucky with timing when we bought our house since the prices have skyrocketed lately.

I wish a safe drive for all you long distance guys.

Phil