Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Pistons only need 1 more

dan m

quote:

Oh I know its not the Pistons that are beating L.A. its L.A. beating L.A.

rolleyes.gif

Everyone says the the Lakers are playing like crap and they're struggling. Hmmm, maybe it has something to do with the Pistons' DEFENSE!!! The Pistons are making them play like crap. If it wasn't for the last second shot by Kobe in game 2, last night would have completed the sweep. cool.gif

Thad

People say the lakers are playing bad because they cany make a wide open shot. What missing a wide open shot has to do with good defense is beyond me. The lakers didnt play with heart and soul until game 4 and the pistons proved they are the better team by beating the lakers best effort. until game 4 the pistons didnt beat the laker best and now they did so the pistons are the better team and will be the champs.

don't forget the conspiracy theory that the refs are against LA!!! c'mon, its hard to get the whistle when your settling for jump shots. and since when is lowering your shoulder and plowing thru the defender not an offensive foul? i guess when you are shack you can do whatever you want!

GO PISTONS!!!!!!

I don't know why it is but ABC's announcers are among the worst on TV even before any game starts their allready on the favorite teams band wagon stating why there so great, any givin day anyone can win no matter how good or bad they supposedly are, but the Pistons have been totally disrespected by the announcers its better to watch with the sound off. I am not a big basketball fan but I hope the Pistons win the final game by an outstanding margin just to put a cap on the announcers. GO PISTONS!!!!

I've been a Lakers fan since they were in Minneapolis (yes, I know that dates me). You guys are right about this one. This is not the best Lakers team in recent years. They in fact are not playing like a team. The Pistons are far more disciplined and better coached without all the superstar qualities. The better team is winning. Congrats to the Pistons.

quote:

Everyone says the the Lakers are playing like crap and they're struggling. Hmmm, maybe it has something to do with the Pistons' DEFENSE!!! The Pistons are making them play like crap.

This definatly part of the reason why the Lakers are playing so bad. But the Lakers are helping the Pistons out a little. I mean why the heck do you let Karl play? 5 on 4 has never been an even match up(I think if Karl is in game 5 at all the pistons are going to fully take advantage of his knee). Why in game four did they go away from shaq? Not to metion that down the stretch the Lakers missed 9 freethrows. I have been pulling for the lakers to win, but this isn't their series. These games remind me of the time Magic's Lakers met Jordan's Bulls. They put up a good effort but the Bulls wouldn't be stoped. I think it is the same situation with the Pistons now. Plus I feel Larry Brown is a much better coach.

Steve S.

cheers.gif

More than anything, i want to see the pistons win so that malone and payton don't get their rings! abandoning the teams they played for for so long to go the automatic win in LA, couldn't of happened to 2 better players. that's what makes me smile.

Jeff... do you follow high school baseball at all?

I'm a Knicks fan and will generally pull for an Eastern Conference team when the Knicks are out of the running;

76ers, Nets, Celtics, etc...but NOT the Pacers...our arch-enemies! I also think the West has a few quality teams, i.e. Sacramento, San Antonio, Dallas, etc. who I wouldn't mind seeing win a championship.

But I would especially love to see Detriot win for 2 reasons:

1. I think Larry Brown is among the best in the business and would love to see him vindicated with a championship that eluded him in Philly.

2. I HATE the Lakers! They are the Yankees of basketball. Their starting lineup could have been the NBA West All-Star roster of a few short years ago. I don't like the Steinbrenner-like mentality that believes you can BUY a championship in any sport. (I didn't say it doesn't work...I just don't like it.) I'd rather see the scrappy teams like the Pistons come in as underdogs and clean house!

GO PISTONS!!! biggrin.gif

quote:

Got a chance to go to game 5.

Tix are $500.00 though.

Jeff,

Were they good seats? I'd pay that kind of money to see the game, assuming the seats were decent. I haven't been to a Pistons game since high school.

Thad teh just wondering

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...I will have to make sure I have at least one Pistons shirt to wear while I'm out there, just to stir the pot...

Be sure to wear your flack jacket. eek.gif

Even Pistons fans HAVE to admit that there is a wide disparity between the number of fouls called on LA vs. Det in the last game. Now, I'm not saying that's an excuse, but here's something to ponder, LA would have needed to play a near perfect game Sunday to overcome the foul situation. For 3+ quarters it was a see-saw battle even with the foul situation imagine if it would have been called even? We'd be looking at a best of 3 series. My father In-Law who is not even a big Lakers fan is a Varsity High School Basketball referree and even he said that was the worst officiated game he's ever watched. To me that says something, hearing it from him.

If anyone can do it the Lakers can do it. Lakers in 7.

Detroit is playing outstanding D. But the Lakers are still a better team, when they play as a team.

James teh glad I don't have money on it.

james,james,james... explain to me how the refs are supposed to call fouls on LA when they continually settle for jump shots. and don't even start with shaq. he is THE most dominate player in the league, i'll give you that. but if he can lower his shoulder and throw elbows all over the place, then he is fair game for taking a beating himself. ask your referee father in-law about whether or not that should be an offensive foul.

i have to disagree that the lakers are the best team. they may have the 2 best players in the league, but that's it. to be the better team, you have to have the higher score at the end of the game more times than your opponent. so far the pistons have been that team 3 times to LA's one. people can make excuses all they want but everything in this series points to DETROIT being the better TEAM!

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...but if he can lower his shoulder and throw elbows all over the place, then he is fair game for taking a beating himself. ask your referee father in-law about whether or not that should be an offensive foul...

He said both teams should have had more fouls, but the disparity should not have been anywhere near 2:1 - that's egregious! Detroit can say all they want, but at the end of the day, they will have not played the team the the Lakers can be when they are not handcuffed by the refs. I'll be the first on to say the Lakers did not even show up Game 1. Game two was lucky, Lakers caught Detroit snoozing and smacked 'em for it. Game 3 Detroit flat ouplayed the Lakers. But game 4 should be a a travesty for any Basketball fan. David Stern says those refs are "...the best of the best...". If that's the case, the league is in serious trouble. Hugh Hollins' son goes to my son's High School, I'd liek to hear his take on what's going on.

James teh Series should be tied 2-2

I'm a big Cavaliers fan. ROY_23 stands for "Rookie of the Year #23" worn by Lebron "King" James.

The eastern conference got dished all year. "The west is superior, whoever wins the title will come out of the western conference", the 'experts' told us all season. I admit I too thought that but, East all the way, baby!!!

James, you are way off base. The Pistons are faster, more agile. They have the best defense hands down in the league. Great defenses get their opponents in foul trouble.

I'm happy for Larry Brown. GO PISTONS!!!

James, I saw every Cavs home game this year. They're young and inconsistent. Some games they played smothering defense. And, we would "get the calls". Other games their defense would take the night off. And, the visiting team would "get the calls".

The Lakers are too slow to challenge Detroit's D-E-F-E-N-S-E. Defense wins this title. Pistons in 5, series wrapped up tonight. biggrin.gif