Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

whats the going wages around the country

Gary

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Depending on the skill level, beginning programmers make about $14-$18, and the top dogs can fetch anywhere from $30-$50 per hour here in Southern California.

------------------

James M. ;)

Mastercam Enthusiast

Utah isn't what is known as a high paying state.

CNC Programmers 16$-20$ per hour.

Journeyman Machinist 14.50$-25$ (if your lucky)

There is the occasional yahoo that advertises help wanted for a Journeyman Machinist and wants to pay $10 per hour. Just remember all you employers, offer low wages and you'll never get quality work; you get what you pay for.

Raj,

Ontario's HRDC publishes a salary survey for various occupations each year. It's broken down by occupation, location and experience. The most recently published one is from 1999. I imagine that other provinces have the same, but I haven't looked yet. The 1999 Ontario salary survey can be found at http://www.on.hrdc-drhc.gc.ca/english/lmi/eaid/OWS99/ . Since you're in Waterloo, you could get there quicker by going to the survey on Kitchener's HRDC site at http://www.on.hrdc-drhc.gc.ca/kitchener/en...s/index_e.shtml . For those in the States, http://www.salary.com would be a good place to start. It's always nice to know what you're worth in the job market wink.gif Hope this helps.

[This message has been edited by Bullines (edited 07-11-2001).]

I have my own shop and basically work with one employee who is a 3 year trainee ($10/hr.).

We do total journeyman work. Inj Molds, Tool and Die, Short production, Prototypes, Design and build, etc. etc. If I add all the hours I work in the business and divide that into my profit I am making about $16.66/hr. AND am responsible for everything!

Anyone else out there in this enviable position?

You got to love this work.

------------------

Gordon Engineering

Eureka, Ca.

V8 Lathe and Mill

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

The highest wages I've seen were in the San Francisco Bay area. I think it's because the cost of living is so high there. In SF a STUDIO apt can run you almost $2000 per month. Yuck!

------------------

James M. ;)

Mastercam Enthusiast

I'm a CNC programmer down in New Zealand. I'm experienced in Mastercam to Mill Level 3 and Lathe, as well as experienced in Unigraphics and Vericut. I'm a fitter turner by trade, and fully experienced in operating machining centres and lathes, operating A Matsuura High Speed vertical, Okuma Verticals and Okuma/ MoriSeiki and Hitachi lathes. I've got 17 years experience in the trade. What sort of rates would I expect in the US? And...does anyone want to offer me a job? smile.gif

Mike N,

In the San Francisco/ Bay area you should be able to fetch $25-35/hr with no problems when the market is good. It should be picking up in the moths to come.

------------------

Toby Baughman

Programming Supervisor

Saint Gobain Semicon Group Inc.

Vs8.1.1 LvL3 Mill + solids

Well MikeN,

I can offer you about 8$ per hour (and it's really good here in Israel) smile.gif

A regular worker here get about 4.5$ per hour.

But this is good if you compare us to jordan.

in jordan you will have about 150$ a month.

smile.gif sorry,i don't have a better offer for you Mike.

i don't agree with the age comes the money.

If you have the skills then you should make the money. You know the sane equal work equal pay.

But i am only 25 and you guys that have been there all these years keeping are job opportunities alive do deserve more fringes say alot more paid vacation or something just seems fair u've been working your xxxx off for years some more fishing time should be nice make us young guys earn are keep that way. Just my opinion

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I kind of like gary's idea. If the young guys can do the same job, give them the same money, give the better fringes(more vacation, higher percentage matching 401k, personalized coffee cup, biggrin.gif etc...) to the more experienced guys. But, I think they still gotta pay their dues for more than a few years before they get the really good wages.

JMHO

------------------

James M. ;)

Mastercam Enthusiast

A 401k is a tax-deferred savings plan for retirement. You pay no income tax or capital gains tax until you withdraw from it, typically after retirement or 59-1/2 years old. Any withdraw before that time is penalized. Currently the limit on how much you can contribute to your 401k is 15% of your annual salarie or 10,500 dollars. But President Bush promises to change that.....

Some employers match a percentage of the amount you contribute as a bonus or incentive.

[This message has been edited by ferdelance (edited 07-18-2001).]

I don't see any michiganders admitting their wage.... I think it scales rather highly in the southeast section of the state. The economy seems to dictate the availibility of the jobs but anyone who can think on their own and program a little can nab 60k without a problem. Good help is extremely appreciated in that region. Here in Petoskey it is a little more difficult to find help. Anyone up here that knows V8.1.1?