Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X Verify

Harry Morse

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I'd go with Robb Jack. They can fill that order for a reasonable price if not, I got a saw from Cal-Tool here in California. If you want the contact info let me know.

James teh keep on hijacking... biggrin.gif

Here comes another DT special "I see both sides, can't we all get along?" message.

I personally invite constructive criticism on the forum. Great way to expose problems - even for us to find out if a customer is unhappy... Just don't complaint about any other dealers. wink.gif

I didn't find the original post all that offensive. I guess what you mean and how things end up sounding is the problem with the written word, and none of us are writers to begin with. Let's retroactively substitute 'crap' with 'sub par', and assume those were the intentions.

Like Glenn illustrated, we all want the best product, and that doesn't mean we blindly accept or brown nose. We lobby for improvements where/when necessary.

CNC Software has to balance out improvement requests along with all other 10,000, and without sacrificing their vision of where the software needs to be going.

On the other side, to say that some members are passionate would be an understatement. They will defend all attacks on Mastercam, so tread and write lightly! We can't control the zealots!

quote:

I'm still eager to see if anyone will attack Glenn's comments about Verify like they did to the other folk.

I'd be happy to, so long as he uses derogitory remarks like "crap" and "brown-nosing CNC Software"

If he makes his case with respect, he won't get attacked. Simple.

I use the tools that come with MC to verify.

I run 3-d multisurface toolpaths that sre very complex.

I never crash........ever......unless I forget to run collision check on my NCI and it happens to gouge on that one.

Collision check is all you need if used properly.....everything else is just eyecandy....

hhhmmm, I just impressed the the snot outa some new customers today that use pro-e with our crappy Mastercam verify tongue.gif and we also showed them the actual parts that where made from that MC file.

meh butt hurts, had to pinch meh cheeks during verify. holding back the crap

quote:

I'd be happy to, so long as he uses derogitory remarks like "crap" and "brown-nosing CNC Software"

If he makes his case with respect, he won't get attacked. Simple.

I guess by using "unacceptable", he did use prettier language. A term like "crap" falls out of favour with our cunning linguists, I suppose wink.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...On the other side, to say that some members are passionate would be an understatement. They will defend all attacks on Mastercam, so tread and write lightly! We can't control the zealots!...

Zealots... ROFL!!!! Hey, when something puts food on the table... gotta protect it. biggrin.gif LOL!!!!

alright...heres a feature request for X then...

since almost everyone can agree that verify isnt up to snuff with the rest of MC, and "just use backplot" seems to be one of the popular "work arounds"......how about making backplot draw in a different color when violating part surfaces? This would make it easier for the user to see what could be problem areas in the toolpath...whether it be user or software error