Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X Verify

Harry Morse

quote:

Hey Rek'd. I'm not a troll. I'm a paying customer, and fellow user of Mastercam.

Paying for Mastercam and being a 'fellow' user does not eliminate you from the ability to be a troll. It's all in the packaging, as James would say.

Like I said, you want respect? You know how to get it.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

So what happens when it is error on the software's part

Simple, I send it to QC at MC. that way I help out everyone. coming here to drip your runny nose all over my screen doesnt help anyone.

How many C-hooks or VB,have you used that where writtin by someone other than CNC. do you rip the author a new one when it dont perform as you expected? rolleyes.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...Yes Rek'd you and others have shown me that the way to get respect here is to blindly worship CNC software, like some king of cult member, and never mention things that should be improved...

That's wrong in so many ways... soooooo many ways. Many of us CONSTRUCTIVELY ripped CNC publicly for various things. The difference is that when we do it we ACTUALLY have a plan when we do it. It's not just some mindless tirade.

James teh irrelevant Forum Old Timer biggrin.gif

quote:

Simple, I send it to QC at MC.

Or ask for some help banghead.gifbanghead.gif

These boneheads don't get it.

This is a support forum not a kleenex box.

Sorry your not always going to get sympathy when you

come in tears first, calling our livelyhood

crap. The world does'nt work like that.

And if you think you paying out of your own pocket

gives you more rights to cry then any other licensed

user your wrong. Licensed means just that whether

you bought it or your company did.

quote:

ask for some help

Perhaps someone can translate for these guys

Chinese??

Spanish??

English ??

French??

PEACE biggrin.gif

quote:

works perfect all the time,

Your dealer told you that? eek.gif

I've never heard that, from any dealer, anywhere, about anything. ESPECIALLY software. disagree.gif

I also don't recall hearing them (any MC dealers) say that verify was better than the other guy's. Who's your dealer? Will they verify what you claim they told you?

quote:

the way to get respect here is to blindly worship CNC software

rotflmao.gifrotflmao.gifrotflmao.gif

I see a refresher course in Reading and Comprehension is in order here. grinyes.gif

What was said was, to go ahead and voice your opinions/concerns/dislikes WITHOUT the smart-xxxx remarks which are only intended to offend.

~~~~~~~~~~

might have dumped their outside source that was providing them with the verify module...I hope to freakin god that that is true because maybe finally verify will be up to snuff with the rest of the program.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

verify is not CNC Software development ,it is 3-rd party development and I do not think they have a right to publish code and they would not anyway ,and this is normal

This is not copy-left ,not GNU .

But does other verification packages has no issues ?

I feel your pain ,Ezra ,but does you know or can name a package free of it`s problems ?

Verify is not a crap ,anyway ,I use it too ,and most of the issues I had with it in the past were in toolpath under compensation and drilling ,but for this stuff I use backplot .

Now this

~~~~~~~~~~

you've written a rough pocket on a complex 3d part, and you've decided to use some critical depths and for some reason MC decides that at one of those critcal depths its gonna wipe out some features on your part or maybe just gouge it up a little for no apparent reason..

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Who knows ,you may be right ,but I never met it .

Mc gouges a part in 3d move ?

Never had it ,only if I made some silly mistake ,

but I `ve seen it on other programs ,especially CimaTRON .

i CAN AGREE that verify can be more enchanced ,fast and lacks some features ,but crap ?

In the days of MC7 I worked on other programs and can say it :

It was not crap even then .

Out of the thread ,as a a backnote ,just look what happens here .

A Mastercam Dealer in Canada creates forum for MC users ,that turned them to the devoters ,loyal

defenders and teh sheriffs !

You think we are looneys ?

But to tell the truth ,who cares .

May be it is crap ,but I like it and I know how to use it .

Now about not water-tight models .

If I have only couple of surfaces and want to veryfy them ,I save them as Iges and verify to it

Verify will close them to water-tight .

What program can do it ?

My friends from Cimatron always agree with me that every program has it strong points .

Mc strong point is toolpathing .

Mill ,mill+lathe together ,wire .

You ought to see wire from Cimatron or lathe !

And how they verify it ,they even don`t have good backplot .

People work with it .And tell to them that it is crap !

Every one has it`s pain ,verify has issues ,as a beta- tester I can state that I checked today one nasty bug from 9 in X verify and it is corrected .

I would not go into details .

This relation of crapping is an exageration ,if no more .

Who sais that MC is perfect ?

What program is perfect .

UG?

Catia ?

OneNc may have good verify ,but what they actually verify ?

Mastercam is more powerful a couple of times !

So more chances for issues .

About charming and fooling aa client -when they sold cimatron to us they were so perfect .

what actually you can check when you do not know a program .

Now we have billion times more problems with Cimatron then MC .

I work with model in MC for our guys to start use it in CimaTRON !

It is really mighty program ,in Cad sure a couple of times but they have a lot of their own problems .

Some of them lasts for a long time .

This is a life ,you marry the prettiest woman in the world and live with a witch all you life and you love it

Best regards

PS Do you know that Ezra means help ?

I work for a MC Dealer I have been complaining about Verify for years. Here is an earlier quote from me.

quote:

Verification posted 01-19-2002

It has been a few years since Mastercam switched to another supplier of verification.

The better speed and graphics are only available if you are working in the top view using TrueSolid Turbo No Tool. This allows you to only use standard drills Flat and Bull and Ball endmills. The new WCS function is treated as an index and not supportted.

5-axis support in very weak as you cannot zoom in the model.

When demoing Mastercam or programming simple parts the TrueSolid mode with tool is adequate.

With the Mastercam's reliability verifiction does not seem much of an issue. But verification is not just for check for gouges but also used for setup documention.

With more complex parts with real-life tolerances and stepovers TrueSolid mode is useless. I did a part last night that took 7 hours to run thru. The NC file was 1.3 meg

Our previous product which is now called Virtual CNC (which is used by competitors) did the same part in less than an 1/2 hour.

Here is a list of functions that are missing, most we had back in V6

No unlimited cross-sections.

No CMM inspect to analyze points and features on the cut model.

No turning on or off tool colors without re-processing the part.

No abilty to run the verification as a separate application allowing you to continue working in Mastercam. "Windows is a multi-tasking interface"

No upgrade path to allow use of verifying off gcode or other options.

No multi-view support.

No status window to show coolant, cutter comp, cycle time, or feedrate status

No hollow stock support in lathe (Even though v9 has hollow stock support in job setup)

No save JPG save at tool change.

No interpolation (tool is only shown at the endpoints, slow motion should not mean dwell at endpoints!)

Does not remember previous view when replaying the job.

quote:

posted 02-25-2004

Unless you are doing simple demo parts or 3axis with standard tools, Mastercam Verify is unacceptable.

Check this out to see our old solution which is now the competitor's current solution (Surfcam)
(Update Surfcam has now switched to what MC now uses)
cuckoo.gif

You may need to install this to view the

Too bad Predator cannot write a reverse post for machines other than standard Fanuc mad.gif

Mastercam's current Verify is from http://www.machineworks.com and is used by alot of other CAD/CAM companies. rolleyes.gif

quote:

PS Do you know that Ezra means help ?

among other things, yup biggrin.gif

hey whatever, verify is great works fine and I shouldnt bitch (nor should anyone else) because I guess it works the way it was intended to and that intention was never expressd until now??

Yes I can deal with it, most likely by just not using it at all and continuing to use MetaCut when I need to which gives me accurate results in seconds not hours at pennies of the cost, like I have been since v7 and will continue to....

Im just saying you guys REALLY need to lighten up with all the b*|_|_$*()@. the guy asked if it was gonna improve or not, he didnt break into your house, steal your things and then insult your mother on h is way out. A simple yes would have sufficed...no?

I don`t like Metacut ,at least the lite version that shipes with MC and don`t use it .

It also has issues .

I go with backplot ,and use verify only sometimes ,when I really need it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A simple yes would have sufficed...no?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We`ll wait and see .I can not go into details ,you know .

I can not understand people that say this crap ,that crap ,when we`ll get X ?

Are You sure they`ll like it ?

They will say that 9 was great version and X is crap !

That` a human nature .

Pc is crap ,I don`t have Macintosh ,so I learn my crap and use it and I like it .

Windows is crap ,that`s truth ,no need to prove it ,but I learn it and use it with great success .

My machine is crap ,that`s also true ,but I make good parts .

So what goes out from all this .

You must learn and like your crap !

From what I can see there are a handful of people on this forum that think, for whatever reason, it's their right, no their duty, to insult, offend and degrade someone that THEY feel is coming across in a manner that is unacceptable. And this is not the first thread where that has occurred, but it seems to always be the same individuals walking around with their dick in their hands. MC has problems, every software system has problems, its a part of the deal. Expecting it to not be that way is naive, but to single someone out on a personal level because of their comments, or how they comment, on these problems is juvenile. What the hell is wrong with you people?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

for whatever reason, it's their right, no their duty, to insult, offend and degrade someone that THEY feel is coming across in a manner that is unacceptable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Who was ever degraded ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

walking around with their dick in their hands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me and my **** ?

~~~~~~~~~~~

. Expecting it to not be that way is naive, but to single someone out on a personal level ~~~~~~~~~~

Personal. Quote me please ,and if it`s true I would apologize .

Ps I am Iskander_teh_oWl voice

quote:

Is the verify in X going to be the same crap as 9.1.

quote:

We had a preview of X and it sure looks like the same crap but we were only shown a sample and have not run it on our own files.

quote:

Using the WCS renders verify pretty much useless unless you turn off true solids mode,

quote:

I just think that if some of you guys would wipe the little brown spot off the end of your noses

quote:

I have Onecnc expert on my computer as well and the verify in that software walks all over MC's. Pan rotate, zoom in real time, full solids. When I say it walks all over MC's what I mean to say is that it blows it out of the water and up onto the beach..... wailing in pain from open wounds to the head and torso (ouch!).

quote:

Yes Rek'd you and others have shown me that the way to get respect here is to blindly worship CNC software, like some king of cult member, and never mention things that should be improved.

Looks like theres plenty of crap flying from both sides.

I know I myself am guilty. The thing is if verify

is that much of a problem and you choose not to

ask for assistance. The only solution is to look into

true verification software.

You'll be verifying actual g-gode not the nci file.

For the most part we can make it work. And we never

said it was perfect.

This is how we make our living.

As much as you may not like us putting the hammer

down, bonk.gifbonk.gif you all are just as guilty for inciting it.

You want to vent qc_at_mastercam_dot_com is always

there.

You want help, ASK.

PEACE biggrin.gif

quote:

I just think that if some of you guys would wipe the little brown spot off the end of your noses and speak up

nice one....tho I tend to compare some of the posters here to a mac user....try going to a mac forum & saying ANYTHING bad bout a mac...

people can be way to sensitive. Unless you own stock in CNC software, then why would you care if someone finds a problem/has a dislike bout Mcam???