Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X Verify

Harry Morse

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

I can't claim to be any expert here, I just started using MC a few weeks ago so I have a long way to go.

---------------------------------------------

Read my post. I'm eating a big piece of humble pie here openly admitting that I have a lot to learn in MC and you throw it right back in my face. Brilliant.

As a reseller I have to compete against competitors with the cooler looking verify graphics all the time. The competitors ALWAYS say something to the prospect about our "crappy" verify. How to compete? Simple. I ask the prospect if they are going to sell the verify picture or the actual part. (Not to many companies buying pics of parts.) I can post code and run the part, and the part comes out smoother, cleaner and faster. It would be nice to have better verify in MC, but the bottom line is that we need good parts not pics. Send a part to your customer that has a crappy finish and tell them its ok cause the verify looked great.

DaveR,

I've been spending way too much time trying to figure out who said what in your replies, so here's a little friendly advice. smile.gif

When you click the "Full Reply Form," underneath the text window, you'll see buttons that say URL, BOLD, *QUOTE*. Click the quote button, paste in what you want to quote between the QUOTE and the /QUOTE, then type your reply after the "." It'll be much easier for me and other forum members to follow. smile.gif

Thad teh helper

quote:

I'm not insulted. Just tired of whiners blaming there own inadaquacies on something or someone else.

rotflmao.gifrotflmao.gifrotflmao.gif

Dave, you should quit while you've still got at least some dignity left.

Your failed attempts at trolls are making you the brunt of some pretty funny, (and highly accurate) jokes.

Ron, Hardmill, Jimmy, Darren... you guys are killin' me here! Good stuff!

Thad, if you're using Mozilla, you can get the plugin to add: "Paste Quote" to your right mouse button on forms, so you just copy what you want, and hit Paste Quote and it wraps the coppied text in "quote" tags. wink.gif

Here goes the Im a better machinist/programmer/forum-poster than you crap again...

I swear this is the only place on the planet where "But he started it" is a valid excuse.....

so its gone from "No verify doesnt suck, you do" to "yeah ok maybe it does, but you suck more!"

lol you guys are too much...

+1000 to Jimmy cheers.gif

Zero, I will agree that verify isn't the latest and the greatest like all the other aspects of MC.

There are 4 diffrfent ways you can verify your part in MC. While not perfect, it does do the job.

If it were perfect, MCU would be outa work......

However if it gets improved I would not complain one bit smile.gif

I thought the cult statement Dave R made was funny at first, but I'm beginning to believe he may be on to something. That someone must carefully choose their words when complaining about a commerical product they purchased or face a verbal onslaught is just too damn weird. If I'm not mistaken I thought this was software, you know the stuff that comes on a CD, runs on a computer, makes our jobs easier...Not some thing that's to be worshipped, like some seem to.

The pic of the hot girl thrown in to lighten the topic barely distracted the "brownshirts" from their duties. I can just hear their private conversations..."We will teach them a lesson for defiling ze CAD/CAM..." "He said it was crap!...let's kick his xxxx.."

If some of these people weren't serious the exchanges would be funny, instead they're pathetic examples of ignorance

quote:

I can just hear their private conversations..."We will teach them a lesson for defiling ze CAD/CAM..." "He said it was crap!...let's kick his xxxx.."

A couple guys still don't get it.... banghead.gif

JUST VALIDATE YOUR STATEMENTS! banghead.gif

When a new guy rolls in here still new to Mastercam and starts with their frustrations. Take a step back we are here to help. I have vented before. I'm also looking for a solution to my equation. I have gained sooo much just lurking around in here when other people's posts then I have from the MaterCam books! This has turned into a pissing contest.... obviously somepeople are concerned about the size of the Johnson. None of the Veteran Mastercam users said anything like that.

Vent a little if it helps... PROPOSE a problem, You will most definitly get a solution! bonk.gif

T.G.I.F. cheers.gif

Chip

Sometimes negative comments about Mastercam evoke very protective, personal, responses from forum members that I don't really understand and I think that is what part_timer is driving at. I don't particularly appreciate the Brownshirts analogy as I think that offhand remarks about Naziism are completely inappropriate in any instance but the man does have a point about the occasional tendency to bash the snot out of anyone who says 'CNC Software is less than amazing'

As far as the actual topic of this thread, MC Verify works OK for me although I do occasionally say 'WTF is THAT?!?!?'

C

To part_timer,

No one ever said "Mastercam is Perfect". No software is. Every application has its pros and cons. The original question was worded a little rudely and the "attitude" was interpreted based on the wording of the starting topic post. If it had been worded differently, this would've been a topic that had 6 replies, instead of 200. The original question was, in fact, answered on the first page of replies.

Verify is not the best function of Mcam. It is a tool to help visualize what should happen and can help eliminate errors based on the image produced. It does take some time to "tweak" Verify to show you exactly what you want to see, or how you want to see it. It is not the most graphically beautiful image, but it's functional. It does what its supposed to do.

It's better than it was in V8, and far superior to Verify in V7. It will continue to improve and develop into a good, user-friendly function that can help save time and eliminate errors before "running it". I have used it in the Beta of Mcam X. I know it's better. I can't show it to you, or Harry, but I know it's better than V9. That's it. End of discussion. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some converts.., er, I mean zealots..., er, I mean students, to train. "Sick Hyle!" (or whatever) biggrin.gif