Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X in Michigan

john_070

The point of the seminar is to help you get started. It will be worth attending the seminar to get a "heads up" look and how to update your system and post file from V9 to X.

How would you like to have 300 people call and ask you how to update your tool libraries. It's better to show 300 people at the same time.

Take the time and get off on the right foot.

Mike Mattera

Good point Mike,

As many of you that can make a intro seminar the better off you will be using and migrating to X.

Nothing beats a "formal training class" but at least a seminar is a step in the right direction. For those of you who haven't been to an actual training class in a while "X" is good excuse for sure. Training always pays for itself quickly. Save the Brain drain its unneccesary when all the info is available headscratch.gif I trained Mastercam for years in Michigan and never understood why the bosses will pay for lost productivity day in and out but grumble about a 2 day training class to keep his people current. The Chinese love that we think that way in this country. cuckoo.gif It's just plain dumb!!

It was shocking to see shops taking 10 hours to do everyday what could be done in 1 hour.. Information is power and job security ... Get ya Some biggrin.gif

quote:

Take the time and get off on the right foot.

You might even get a free beer like the top reseller MLC Cad did for us their presentation was tops.

but then again look at THEIR stats.

In 2004, MLC was number one in sales in the South in the following categories:

1. Sales of SolidWorks® 3D mechanical design software;

2. Sales of COSMOS® design validation software; and

3. Sales of SolidWorks Gold Partner, Mastercam, computer-aided manufacturing software.

cheers.gifcheers.gif

quote:

When I talked to them last week they said the invitations were going to be sent out last week or this week

Thanks bchristilaw,

Since I'm on the other side of the state, I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it. I'm in no hurry for X right now anyway. Vericut was purchased today, I'm working on a pallet pool post and Oracle is right around the corner so I've got other things to keep me amused. cool.gif

We got our invitation to the MCX seminar yesterday. Today I got my confirmation for my reservation for the 12:00 seminar on Sept 20th in Utica. Will anyone else be attending at that time and location?

I look forward to meeting other forum members along with some of the folks from CNC Software.

Thad