Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X - SUCKS !!!!!

RandleXX

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

*A "dockable" ops manager would be nice so it is not stuck on left side of screen when picking geometry for toolpaths. I use the "toggle ops" option ALOT.

I agree.. again

This has been requested and will hopefully show up

in a not too distant release

quote:

*Machine and control definitions seems a little like OVERKILL. Posts should do most of this anyway.

Machine definitions are mostly eyecandy in this release, but they are laying the foundations

for some really cool stuff in X2 and beyond.

edit: I want to qualify the "eyecandy" remark.

Machine Def's currently allow some pretty complex

post modification without ever opening the post or having a clue how posts work.

I am after 2 weeks having great difficulty getting used to X. It is like getting used to a totally new software. The worst part I am proficient with Solidworks and Inventor and many other windows programs but Mastercam X is not windows like they are. There are so many differences even the help is not F1 like windows software. The undo with solids and geometry has many quirks and is not windows just to name a couple. The graphic card problems that are there and the necessary settings to get it to work affects Solidworks too so it wont handle standard windows graphics either. So I am not going to use if for a few weeks and go back to 9.1 and maybe have another look when SP1 comes out.

I have been using MC since Version 3 way back in the early 90's and I must say there is going to be a learning curve for X. There was a big change when we went to V5... gradual change to V6 and & V7 changed a good deal too all those silly icons. Every version has required a littel bit if not more of an adjustment to the way we get around and do things. Give it a few weeks and and it'll be second nature.

-I do wish they would have stuck with the same verbiage when identifying surface creation and other functions though.

-Also.. as mentioned before... A bigger auto cursor like autocad would be nice.

- I love the fact my spaceball works without having to hit ENTER after moving the geo.

After about 10-12 hours experience on X all I can say is I SUCK banghead.gif cant remember chit of how i got to that function the last time. stumble stumble.

I have no doubt that once I get some more time in the driver seat, I will not want to go back.

Hang in there, I share the frustration.

Doug cheers.gif

X does NOT suck smile.gif

Been playing with it for about 4 weeks now and found it to be quite intuitive, and thats coming from a guy that used mc since about ver 6.

I like the new interface very much.

To be honest there is some (or several) quirks to be fixed but it lays a great fundation for future enhancements...

Everything that I've found wrong so far (and reported it), is beeing addressed by CNC Software within a day, and I believe that a vast majority of problems will dissapear after SP1.

The biggest thing here is geo creation, and I can already see that it's now quicker than ever before.

I'm also glad it was released already. smile.gif

As far as bugs are concerned it was to be expected because no amount of beta testing is going to substitute for real time users...(good or bad biggrin.gif )

cheers.gif

Kind regards, Mark

quote:

As for me,I am just using it right now for my own personal beta testing

Me too. wink.gif

I'm using X on my computer while running V9 on the shops computer. Quite the change, but I think I'll get the hang of it soon. Just taking my time with it, creating and grammin simple geometry till I feel comfy' , then work my way up to the REAL stuff.

I do however miss all the V9 hot-keys , my index finger is killin' me. tongue.gif

NuNu teh haven't been "Key Mapping" yet.

cheers.gif

I thought I was doing something wrong there for a while. I haven't had any problems software related yet. I just need to figure out a few things, but so far I like it a lot. In fact, after starting to use it, I started finding out about a lot of features in V9, that I could've used that I didn't even know existed.

I like the divide function it works great. I know V9 had it but you had to click the lines to keep and the one to remove, just click the section to remove and its gone, thats slick in my book. If you want more room for geometry creation just slide the toolpath window over to the left it worked for me. I feel if get good at MCX then it just gives me more reason to ask for a raise!!!

MCX Mill 3

Solids

Lathe 1

quote:

If you want more room for geometry creation just slide the toolpath window over to the left it worked for me.

Alt+O will toggle the ops manager on and off to give you full screen for geomtry creation. biggrin.gif

If you aren't a keyboard kiddie, click on View> Toggle Ops Manager. cheers.gif

I'm just starting to learn X...and it is different...but I'm not ready to start bashing something I've barely learned to use. I'm sure I'll have problems / complaints, but I know where to get the answers I need. wink.gif

I've found several little "quarks" in mcX by using it just for a few days, mostly in toolpath generation. hopefully they will fix these minor software issues in sp1. i do like the new sketcher in x. i'm also having problems with the backplotter being very jumpy and jittery. our pc guy says the video card is fine. anyone else having problems with the backplotter? maybe i just need to change some settings.

brett