Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X - SUCKS !!!!!

RandleXX

I am sure after I get used to it's back-asswards interface and all of it’s many new inadequacies I may begin to like it. My clicking finger sure is getting a workout now that I must click twice as many times to get the same result as in v9.

mad.gif

Mabye X should have stayed vaporware...... biggrin.gif

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel your pain - miserable ,desolated ,frustrated user ,constantly clicking teh mouse with clicking finger.

His ugly ,paranoid appearance full of pain .

Hold on ,honorable RandleXXX aND IF YOU WANT TO VENT ,COME TO OFF-TOPIC ,WE DISCUSS THERE EVERYTHING ,AND PROBLEMS KINDA SUX- NOT SUX ARE OUR SPECIAL .

You will have a good time and nice company .

Speaking seriously ,I .being a beta tester ,said my

humble opinion on this topic ,but now ,working for

half of year on other Windows native program ,were all the job is done with combinations of three mouse buttons I say you can get to anything and work fast ..... if you want 2 .

I certainly don't consider you to be a valued member here, so it would be a total waste to even tell you that you are a f u c king moron,when you must have an idea of it already.

Go get your other software that you were talking about when you were crying about it being vaporware and how sucky it was anyway in general.

If I were the one running this board,you would have gotten your xxxx booted outta here a long time ago.

Go cry to someone who cares!

Dave is really a nice guy to keep you sorry A S S here......

Expect to get frustrated at first.

This is a big change. You will grope around for a while, not knowing how to do things, or not being able to find a function you used in Version 9 in X. It’s there, and probably in a more logical place and implemented far better than before.

For example, Squash, Project to Plane, Project to Surface, and Project lines normal to a surface are all in one function, “Project”, rather than scattered in different places.

As you use Mastercam X, you will start to see how much more you can do, and appreciate the thought and care that went into its design.

It doesn't help to flame on first impressions. I'd work for it for 20+ hours before I even thought about complaining. It will save you a lot of embarassment.

As a matter of basic courtesy, you may want to pose your issues as a question, rather than a flame.

That way you will learn from us people who have been using it for 18 months rather than getting flamed in return.

With all seriousness:

If I can offer anyone out there any reason to persist and work through your initial frustration, it would be this bottom line comment.

I really get frustrated going back to v9 now, and there is no way I'd go back to the old interface even if I could.

After a solid week (has it been two?) I still haven't got everything settled to where I want it. However, I'm having a hell of alot of fun working with X. I'm really enjoying my MC Direct now that I have XP pro and it (MCDIRECT) works flawlessly. I knew it had to be a windows issue. Take a deep breath randle.

The Handbook Volume 1 has been delivered to the printer. I believe you will find it comprehensive and informative, and heads and shoulders above anything you've seen from me before.... 450 pages, over 600 illustrations.

These will be distributed through In-House Soluions (emastercam.com) and you might be able to pre-order them.

Jay,

Good point. I'd suggest you "play" with the software, work through the transition guide and other stuff with the software, then attend a class.

Remember, the Mastercam interface hasn't changed in 20 years, and probably won't have to for another 20.

Take your time, be patient, and enjoy the process.

This is really cool stuff. The comments of most of my customers has been more lie, "I don't know quite how to use it, but I sure like it so far and see that it is better."

I have not personally seen or used X as of yet, but certainly you must admit that several problems have arisen with this new release that were not caught during beta testing, i base this on abundance of postings on this forum to that effect. Or maybe its just the new unfamiliar interface that is causing these learning curve problems. Can you all be honest and describe which case you feel is culprit. We currently are awaiting a quote for MasterCam X, but I am leaning towards reccomending to Boss holding off on purchase until either patches or updates are made available.

Taking advantage of training opportunites is usually the missing piece of the puzzle for must people and is often overlooked. As someone who trained 100's of Mastercam classes over the years I can tell you that I had many,many people who changed their minds after they took some time to get informed as to whats possible. I was in hundreds of shops over the years and those of you who are tied to your shops daily probobly don't realize how poor the average skill level in the shops are.

It's amazing that so many companies are willing to pay for ineffiencies in their daily workflow but are unwilling to invest a few days a year in staying current and proficient. I can tell you first hand that the Asian manufactures love that we think that way in the states and are taking advantage of it everyday. The people on this forum are the good one's.

You all would be shocked at how many shops I've run into with the poor guys on the floor redrawing Cad Data because nobody ever took the time to learn how to import Data effectively from engineering and making a process plan. That's one simple example but it goes on and on.

This forum a great source of info... But sadly most users don't use it on a regular basis.

Resistance to change is a prescription for that greeter job at the Walmart. Information is power and Job security... Come on guys get ya some! idea.gif Get some formal training and Give the software a fair chance..