Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How many using X only.

Leehound

And another thing, I know that the 1st X update is out. (For at least 2 weeks now) So when the heck is it going to be released? Or is this going to go down the same road as the X release? I refuse to wait 2 F'in years for the updates as well. mad.gif

If V9 didn't run like a clock and keep me pleased as it does, I would have pulled my stakes with Maintenance and CNC software a year and a half ago.

Sorry to vent.....

quote:

Spend a couple of weeks in X, going back to V9 will feel like someone broke your arm,

I heard dat....

I drive MC9 with my left index finger on the ESC key.....

Carple tunnel in my left elbow kills me all the time...arm already broken....

I know its from 3000 esc's a day rolleyes.gif

If I can ever figure out how to Use X I'm pretty sure my elbow will feel beter smile.gif

I have been short on time and patience for getting to know X. I have tried a couple of times to buckle down and stick with it but it just constanly pisses me off. What good is undo that won't undo? Why can't I setup my keyboard how I really want? Why don't levels turn off when I uncheck them? I haven't used any other CAM systems and my CAD experience is limited to Cadkey so I know I haven't seen it or done it all, but come on. I can't just click a level and have the geometery go on and off without leaving the levels manager? What a PITA. I know it will get better as I get better finding my way around but there just seems to be some features that other, even lower end, CAD/CAM systems have that we missing. The toolpaths are still good, but they are the same paths I can make in V9, maybe a bit faster on # crunching but not setting my hair on fire either. I'm sure I'll feel better when Moldplus for X gets here as well. In the meantime, I gotta stick with V9 so I can get some sh!t done.

After diddling around with it for the first couple of weeks while I finished hot jobs, I've been on X exclusively for a week. Now when I go back to 9 to look at a job that is being run I feel like I did when I first started X.

I have to say, now that I have gotten comfortable with X, I like it a lot better than 9.

All you hardheads hang in there, it gets better.

Kevin

R_XX,

'less on sales hype!! ' , sales hype??

As a MC dealer and long time MC user I can say that 'sales hype' is the least of CNC concerns and if anything it is something, as a dealer, I think they need to be more concerned and deliberate about.

I think that overall they did a very poor job at building interest, promoting the product and release, and generating marketing materials. Come on, dealers have not even received brochures for Version X yet.

CNC has been way to busy building and testing a brand new architecture for the product to push us into the next generation of MC.