Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

hide?

Jaz

I use many levels but I use the hide function quite a bit too. I will change certain geometry to different colours that I know I'll need later so I can show only geo of a certain colour when I need to. The hide function simplifies things for me when chaining for pockets , contours, and boundaries. As well as when I create/modify surfaces off of some specific geometry on a single level etc.

alt e would be better improved if you could "switch" between the views , I mean hit alt e then select the things you want on the creen then enter now you see only the things that you picked , now + will add more and - will take away things but what the command needs is a way to switch (to see the other things) this would be helpfull if you have alot on the screen you want to see becuase you could select the things you dont want then just switch. I use this command in another software called Visi for die designs and it is VERY usefull.

DAVE

• 1 month later...

Has anyone noticed any problems with the Hide feature? I've been running in to it freezing up, Alt E that is. I can go in a file for a while using Alt E, and then all of a sudden it doesn't want to hide anyhting. Edit still works, but the hide function doesn't. Not even when I use the soft key.

If I close out MC and re-start it, then I'm back in business.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I've not experienced any problems with hide and I use it almost daily. I like it because sometimes I'm just working with a small set of features that belong to a larger set so they don't necessarrily need to be segregated on a seperate level.

Slick,

I haven't had any issues with Hide and I use it daily. A co-worker was complaining about the same thing....sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I told him to make sure the mouse is in the graphic window when pressing ALt+E. He said "Oohh." headscratch.gif I haven't heard about it since. biggrin.gif

Thad

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

One thing that is MAJOR these days... "FOCUS". Mastercam is now very focus dependant. Focus meaning which is that active window. Operations Manager, Graphics Background, Backplot, etc... Any doubts where focus is clock where you need to be just to be sure. biggrin.gif

So I just wanted to go on the record. I took your advice Thad/James, I paid close attention to "FOCUS", where my mouse was clicked, and nothing. Another oddity was since the hide button didn't work, I tried the Unhide button, entities from another level appeared that weren't even hidden.

This is all just for the record, I know what yer thinking, what could I be doing wrong, it's me not the system. No worries, I accept that! cuckoo.gifcuckoo.gifcuckoo.gifcuckoo.gif

Slick,

Yep! Same exact problem. Exit out, restart mcam and it's fine. Luckily it doesn't seem to be something that will cause a crash like when other things start acting funny.

I use hide all the time and would really miss the flexibility of not having it. The ability to hide all of any entity/attribute adds alot of control IMO.

Hows things in Marysville? You're right in my neighborhood. I'm in Everett. Things are pretty busy these days.

Dan