Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Why is MCX unstable ???

RandleXX

This is not stupidity .

This thing smells different .

As I told you ,working with such a guy you`ll never know ,what he will tell boss about you and you faults , real or not .

~~~~~~~~~~

is conclusion is that we simply cannot afford to rely on Mastercam anymore..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My conclusion _ I simply can not rely on such a guy

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

after 2 months, about 40 crash reports a day and trying many different things, the customer went out, bought a new mouse and he has been pleasantly happy since

as near as I can figure, I had a bad OpenGL file somewhere. I bought and installed a new mouse and had to reboot about 5 times after installing the mouse drivers.

After that the crashes were gone

gcode teh loves his new mouse smile.gif

[ 05-10-2006, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: gcode ]

Me personally, I wasn't saying that Mastercam has problems and other softwares don't. Another software that I use does a few checks (I guess like similating a save, but not really saving if that makes any sense) before it actually saves and overwrites the existing file. That way if there is a problem, the software doesn't overwrite the existing file and lose data.

Glad to hear that CNC found one of the issues in the File Save crash problem as this is probably the biggest issue we have with the software and even then it is very random.

My company is extremely impressed with Mastercam X and the progress CNC is making. I must admit it was tough with the first release of X but each Maintenance release gets better and better.

Keep up the good work!!!

Now if it makes everyone feel better, every crash or bug in X is MY FAULT.

Don't get me wrong! I don’t wish to go through the process of learning a new CAM system.

We have tried almost everything, thrown large amounts of time and money at trying solving this problem. X has some great features (if they work). 9 works great for some stuff, but is kind of old school.

If there is truly no better software out there, I will soon find out.

quote:

Force people to buy it.

Tell my customer to STFU if he has a problem with it.

Did Jim Evans drive out there and twist your arm too?

Damn him.

And Pete only told him to STFU when he decided to take personal shots first.

rolleyes.gif

You people amaze me. I have people in this company that can screw up a brand new computer in 5 minutes and I am figuring most of you fall in this bracket too.

Continually venting your frustration with Mastercam on this board isn't the correct way to go about solving your problems. Emailing [email protected] is.

I have had nothing but positive assistance with CNC Software whenever I have had to deal with any product issues, both for myself, and for customers.

I was wondering what kind of a response that would get. I actually have been using Mastercam for a long time and like it, but am having some problems with X.

Maybe I should have put some icons in that last message so you guys would have known that I was not totally serious. ouch!

quote:

I have people in this company that can screw up a brand new computer in 5 minutes and I am figuring most of you fall in this bracket too.

Stupid people raise stupid kids bonk.gifbonk.gif

quote:

I suspect you already do that [Roll Eyes]

You certainly know how to burn down a very useful

bridge

What these pinheads dont realize is that most of the

people on this board will do back flips to help someone

in need. Some just dont get it.

Again I blame their parents tongue.giftongue.gif

PEACE biggrin.gif

Just crashed, first time this week though since mill3 and solids I have had many crashes, mostly, I discovered because geo would mysteryously change itself. Since I learned that I usually orphan my solid (c-hook nohist) and have few problems. Just not the crash was when I tried to open .dwg

quote:

You may still have time to go back and edit that post before it becomes part of the permanent

record

Yeah, unless someone copies it 36_11_6.gif

quote:

CDL2042

Member # 14146

Icon 1 posted 10 May, 2006 01:10 PM Profile for CDL2042 Email CDL2042 Edit/Delete Post Does anyone know if CNC is hiring, I have been looking for a job where I can..

Make a product that is full of mistakes.

Force people to buy it.

Tell my customer to STFU if he has a problem with it.

Count me in. Posts: 9 | From: Central Minnesota | Registered: Mar 2006 | IP: Logged

PEACE biggrin.gif

Lol! Always trying to find a way to cover up your assholism. It dosen't work. If it smells like sh!t, it is sh!t. Personal attacks on people that dedicate there life, knowledge, sweat, tears, etc.... to put out some VERY intricate software and you have the nerve to blast them as non talented? Go create your own Cad-Cam package Einstein.

Sometimes frustration manifests itself in undesirable ways, I have to wonder though if these fault finders are really taxing their package. I had very few problems with mr1 sp2 until adding level 3 and solids, now it seems almost as glitchy as the GibbsCam that I left. I just keep thinking that its my inexperience with mcam but after reading this I am starting to wonder. This thread is outlining some of the same probs I have.

quote:

level 3 and solids

machtek,

I think your answer is right there in front of you.

Your problems showed up when you started using solids, I will bet you are having a video issue that until the solids starting taxing your card, you would not have known was there.

What are you using for a viedo card/driver combination?

Randall. MCX does crash more than it should but come on. The crashes you are having have to be related to your system somewhere!!!!!!! We get maybe a couple crashes a week not a couple every few minutes!!!!!!!

By the way, while you are checking out other software, get a Topsolid/Topmold demo. By the way, any company representative telling even obnoxious customers to STFU is extremely unprofessional. Even I have never done that and I have had my moments...... Not to say I haven't THOUGHT that and worse................Comments like that reflect poorly not on just yourself but the organizatiion you represent. Not cool.

I disagree, Pete is an everyday hardworking Joe like the rest of us. He goes above and beyond to help people who have issues with this software. you can't even count his replies in here and the beta forums. He is usually the first guy from CNC to respond to problems. To attack him and his profession was totally unacceptable no matter who was stating it. I, personally applaud his response.