Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Bypass door locks

Our NV's have an override key switch.....which i am sure you already know about..it will allow you to run in single block with the door open which when probing is a pain in the butt trying to cycle through....John, i may be wrong but i would venture to guess that this is a keep relay that you are looking for..just a hunch on my part since i have never looked into this.

Thanks for your "xxxx"istance there Terry wink.gif

I know there are parameters, I was just wondering if anyone has them set. We have the keys off and inserted I was looking for a better method.

Call me old school but I like being able to get the door open at times while the machine is running.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

They do this because imbeciles get killed when running the machines with the doors open then their net of kin sue. Then they get 12 nimrod jurors to say it is Mori's fault. curse.gif

What I do (which I do not reccommend), is to remove the key that plugs into the interlock. You'll need to get a set of tamper proof Torx wrenches to get the interlock key off, then you insert it and remove it as necessary (which again I do not reccommend).

DISCLAIMER: DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN, YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY AND ALL ADVERSE CONDITIONS THAT MAY OR MAY NOT RESULT FROM THIS INFORMATION

ours chicken supervisor don't allow any one to use the bypass. When machine run, the door must be closed. He is afraid someone dick might get caught on the spidel then he will end up with the criminal negligence lawsuit. Bill C-45, Canadian Criminal code.2004.

Therefore in our shop, nobody get hurt, nobody work. Hope that help smile.gif

We have 3 sl moris I just remove the key from the stationary side and insert it into the door switch and remove and re insert during start up of the machine. We have an interlock key switch and leave it in the unlocked state and turn down the potential metering dial to quiet the constant beeping. But also not recommended practice.

Not sure about the mori but I "fixed" the door switch on our puma lathe by opening up the switch and rewiring it. Now it can be locked if needed but when switched to unlock it will run with the door open.

Now scroll up and read James's DISCLAIMER agian.

John,

I was told by our service rep for our DMG lathe (unofficially of course) that typically with setups like theirs, Mori and others with hard lock keys what people can do is rewire it so that the open and close buttons on the control panel (which I just figure you have) trigger the hard lock to think that it is open or closed by pushing the appropriate button. A rewire here and there, and a relay or two and you are laughing...I am just eargerly waiting for our DMG to hit that 1 year...terrible not to be able to polish a thread if required.

Hope this adds to the plethora of useless info. =]

Any of you guys who are rewiring switches or otherwise electrically defeating safety interlocks on machines that will be operated by ANYONE other than yourself are f_cking crazy. That guy might be your pal now, but when the machine yanks a piece out of the vise and throws it though his face his widow will be more than happy to sue you and then have you thrown in jail while your wife and kids live under a highway overpass.

I don't think the company would love it too much, either

780,000 in OSHA fines

When I worked for a large company not to be named here, they had an operator stop machine (cycle stop button), climb into back of machine and start cleaning, another operator came along seen machine was stoppped and hit start button, machine cycle into tool change and crushed guy in back. He was not found until next day (sat.) when his wife found his car was still in parking lot and came into plant looking for him. After an extensive search of plant and grounds he was found in back of machine.

After this we had put all our interlocks back.

Chris

I think it would be a little more safe to rewire the switch so at least you could have the door lock if you want. Instaed of just removing the lock all together.

But then again I DO NOT RECOMMEND YOU OR ANYONE HAMPER THE PERFORMANCE OF THE SAFETY DEVICES ON ANY EQUIPMENT.