Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Question For Former SmartCAM Users

jon_banquer

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This guy has no respect for Mastercam, but he wishes to learn how it works so he can apply his

analogies to other other cadcam systems to hopefully make them better.

A quote he stated from his other forum;

"this e-MasterCAM clique of idiots who have no clue what MasterCAM

really needs and how to really improve it."

I see the the forum here is feeding him info and it's helping him as to how he wants other softwares to work.

He has no liking for mastercam but yet he cares to know more. Must be because mastercam is so good.

edmBosto .

~~~~~~~~~~~~

This guy has no respect for Mastercam, but he wishes to learn how it works so he can apply his

analogies to other other cadcam systems to hopefully make them better.

~~~~~~~~~~

That`s not true .

This guy vegetates enormous EGO .

He considers himself equals to God .

He is a TRUTH .

He NEVER WRONG .

THAT`S WHY WE ARE e-MasterCAM clique of idiots .

nO NEED TO UNCOVER HIS DIRTY WAYS OR TRICKS OR HIS NOTHINGNESS.

He never cares about any program

Mastercam he would never know or will never hate .

He carez ONLY ABOUT GREAT JONATHAN BANQUER .

He is an idiot .

Just help him to go to somewhere else and I`ll be fine ,

I will never hear about him nor I care .

I would never wonder about his wife or his new bitch (his own words ) for next 7 years

RIP ,dear JB !

So that was fun to have Jon drop by over the holidays.

Jon hasn't provided any proof to me that he's a licensed Mastercam user in good standing, which of course we knew, but we're nice people here, so we followed the standard challenge procedure, and associated waiting period.

I'm sure that we'll be accused of running from a challenge, and of course that's not it at all.

And now back to our regularly scheduled agenda of helping each other in this thriving community, and providing constructive criticism to CNC Software to help make Mastercam an even better product.

[ 01-04-2007, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: Dave Thomson ]

Mastercam is sold by VAR's that stick within a geographic region. This is good for both the VAR and the customer. I like to sleep in my own bed at night, and as a customer, you want a person who is within easy driving distance.

We cover San Diego, Imperial County in S. Calif and Baja, Mexico.

Most Mastercam VAR's have been in business for over 10 years, so you'll likely be very happy with whoever you get.

All my books are distributed through InHouse Solutions of Canada. They are available under the Books link on this web site. The cost is in $CAN, which works out to $98US.

Now, I have not touched Smartcam since 1994. That is a lot of mouse clicks ago, and my memory may not be perfect. Of course there was no one reason for the company demise. But, as best I can recall, the fact that you essentially "drew the toolpath" was a real problem that hindered software development, particularly when it came to surface machining.

All that said, it would be nice to have the same geometry creation and modification tools for toolpaths in Mastercam that are available for creating lines, arcs and points.

Now, don't take this wrong. I'm not blindly defending Mastercam, just telling you what I've found over 12 years dealing with the company. Often I've been quite hot-headed and jumped up and down and demanded something from CNC. I have my own sense of arrogance in that of course I think I'm always right.

What I found over the years is that CNC really does listen. As I learned the reasons WHY something wasn't done, or why is was not done immediately, there was usually a very good rationale as to why.

What I found out, usually the hard way, is that some of these things are not as easy as they seem, or they have implications that ripple beyond my current narrow focus.

I've never found CNC to be arrogant, or to not do something because they were lazy or just felt they were perfect. It's a very market and customer-driven company.

So, I've learned (gee, maybe I can mature, which would certainly suprise some old acquaintances and even myself!) to make my case, lay it out as clearly as I can, and provide as much constructive input as I can. Over time I quit throwing fireballs because, well, it just doesn't really work well.

Often I "win" in that I get what I want. Sometimes I "loose" but I usually learn why something didn't change as I wanted or as fast as I wanted. That is frustrating to someone like myself who is very demanding and impatient.

But the progression is always forward, and in every case I can think of, the things I wanted appeared in the software.

CNC like any company (even every one of ours or those we work for) has limitations of time, money and resources. It's managed pretty well. There is no GodCAM.

Now, let some people on alt.machines.cnc call me a hack, an apologist, self-serving or whatever.

[Not to bore anyone with my personal life, but I joined the Marines at 17 when I weighed 115 lbs soaking wet, and spent 13 lovely weeks on Parris Island in the dead of winter with no field jacket liner. Trust me, I've been yelled at by the best.]

To those people I say this (and I'm not speaking to anyone in particular here):

I'm really not out to please anyone but myself. I'm not going to say anything I don't believe, because I don't have to, and because nothing is worth lying about. I've been rich, and I've been poor, and I know that money has almost nothing to do with happiness.

Life is too short to spend it bent out of shape. Go home, hug the people you love, and "don't be hatin' ". Try to be constructive. The bad Karma you spread by being unnecessarily negative hurts you and the world.

Find a better way to relate your opinions, and you'll get more done.

Again, I'm not addressing this to anyone in particular. I just saw a lot of mud slinging on alt.machines.cnc and maybe what I've learned the hard way can benefit someone else.

Peace out.

This guy is a poster boy for retroactive abortion.

Charles Davis was one of the few guys on this forum who took him seriously and tried to engage

him in reasonable debate. No good deed goes unpunished and the truth of that is all over alt.machine.cnc. Slander, lies quotes out of context, the works.... Pond scum is a step up

for this clown mad.gif