Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X2MR1 lag?

spade117

I experience the lag in X2SP1 (haven't installed MR1 yet). I posted a problem in a previous thread about shading large solids. It would choke X2, especially if I used the complex solid as a stock in verify. In X MR2 it was fine.

In X2 I have also experienced some random problems, like loading a file, and the toolpaths have plain disappeared from the Ops manager. Unfortunately, I couldn't replicate the problem. I thankfully, I have been using the Backup option smile.gif

To me, it is definitely something in X2.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I am still seeing some funky stuff.

At the moment I haven't see the real bad system lag but I have other things I am seeing.

The color pallette still comes up line by line by line maybe a tad faster but still QUITE obvious.

But I have a new one

In the OP manager when I right, I can count 4 - 5 seconds BEFORE the menu even pops up. My RMB in the geometry window works fine, I went into the config and turned off the delay, I have the system set for best performance.

I am downloading the very latest driver for the FX1500 now.

quote:

In the OP manager when I right, I can count 4 - 5 seconds BEFORE the menu even pops up. My RMB in the geometry window works fine, I went into the config and turned off the delay, I have the system set for best performance.

RMB for me is like that regardless if in the op manager or geometry window.

Oh rats Rickster, I totally forgot about it.

I had the files on my flash drive too.

I will try to member this Friday, but I can already tells ya, it's not going to matter...

But ya never know...

I have a feeling that computer hardware is fixin to take a giant leap forward and soon this will not even be an issue....

Ahhhh the perpetual upgrade... biggrin.gif

This has got to be a hardware/drivers issue of some kind, especially the right clcik mouse delay thing.

I'm not seeing this on any computer I run.

Right (and left) mouse click reponse is instant.

I'm running high end Logitechs with the latest

Logiitech drivers and WinXpPro SP2.

Windows mouse themes are off. Windows mouse themes

could cause major trouble in V9 and I got in the habit of shutting them off and still do so.

Windows eyecandy is also off

Question, is anyone who'se having this trouble running Windows XP Home or XP Media Center???

This thread has grown into a lot of different problems, not just the interface slowing to a crawl after working in it for a few hours. I don't have mouse "lag" problems, the issue I complain about is for example the colors box taking 20 seconds to fully pop up because its filling in one line at a time after a couple hours and having to restart to get things back to normal.

quote:

This has got to be a hardware/drivers issue of some kind,

I agree.

Does anyone know why Microsoft dropped Open GL?

I think it is because they cannot put their mark on it because it is open source.

All video card manufactures are having to write drivers for Windows based on Microsoft's DirectX now.

I just hope when it is all said and done that they will patch XP and not try to force us all to migrate to Vista.

That would suck...

I used to have two very annoying delays, one when I opened Xform Offset, and the other when I opened the Colors window. I just installed the new Nvidia drivers and it fixed them both, without causing any new problems (knocking on wood.) These delays were only on my XP Pro 64 system so I didn't bother reporting them.

Seeing no one here at CNC can duplicate the lag issues documented in this post, we have been reviewing code to try and find some suspects.

We have found and fixed a couple of things, which will be included in the X2 MR1 SP1 that we are currently testing, but we can't guarantee they will fix the "lag" issue being discussed here.

I know this is frustrating and we appreciate the feedback and your patience as we try to solve these issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone still experiencing the "lag" problem?

SP1 for whatever reason, on my part seems to have cleared whatever might have been causing my issue.

What say you?

Ain't I just a post xxxxe

Þ

Hi all.

I have MCX2 MR1 SP1 installed on my work box:

Athlon 64 X2 Dual core 5000+ 2.6ghz

2 gig RAM

256 MB ATI RADEON X1300

running Windows VISTA

I have had no lag or crashing of MC at all on file sizes ranging upto 86 mb.

The only problem i had when i first installed MC was to do with the ATI GPU, i was getting laggy auto highlight and crazy things on screen, downloaded latest driver and in catalyst control disabled support dxt texture formats. This fixed my problems and it runs sweet as a nut now.

So far i havent seen anything that you guys are reporting and MC is open in one sesion for about 10 hours a day!

Hope this helps???

Dave.

SP1 has same lag if not worse...

The video is just not good enough now mad.gif

Stupid video drivers!!

I am going to download the new drivers from Nvidia and see if that fixes it..

nope...downloaded and installed the latest and greatest Quadro drivers, made sure unified back buffer is turned off. checked everything...

Still takes 5 seconds to exit param's page(among other things) if model is shaded, once you have picked a solid as drive surfs of course....

[ 05-09-2007, 11:52 AM: Message edited by: Murlin ]