Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam X2 MR1 Service Pack 1

Hello All,

Mastercam X2 MR1 SP1 is now available for download.

To download X2 MR1 SP1, please click the following link: http://www.mastercam.com/Support/Downloads...X2/Default.aspx. Next, right-click "mastercamx2-mr1-servicepack001.exe," select "Save link as" and choose a download location. Once you have downloaded the *.exe file, double-click it and follow the installation instructions. Keep in mind that X2 MR1 must be installed on your system since SP1 runs on top of X2 MR1 (it is not a standalone installation.)

Please note that an "Uninstall" folder will be created within your X2 MR1 directory. These are the backed up X2 MR1 files which are restored if X2 MR1 SP1 is uninstalled. To uninstall X2 MR1 SP1, go into Control Panel and double-click the “Add/Remove Programs” applet followed by clicking “Remove” next to “Mastercam X2 MR1 Service Pack 1.” It is important to uninstall X2 MR1 SP1 before uninstalling X2 MR1, otherwise the "mcamx/uninstall" directory will remain and could cause problems if a future release is installed to the same location. The required maintenance date does not change if X2 MR1 SP1 is installed.

If you have any problems or suggestions, please email [email protected].

axela 06

Read the what's new file it covers what has been addressed.

quote:

I'm big on the "side by side" installs.

I've got V9, V9sp1, X, X sp2, X2, and X2mr1.

Surface

I have seen more problems with this than anything!!!! I personally do not recommend this and think you are very lucky you are not seeing all types of problems and troubles. Good luck but I have no answer why it is not seeing that install, but think how much you have might be the biggest reason. Go to your Regedit and see how much you got loaded on there with CNC software and Mastercam think you would be surprised how much you have and how this effect the performance of your computer.

Again Just My Humble Opinion.

*RANT AHEAD!*

I have gotten the jist of what you think of this Don, and I am in total agreence. It's frusterating beyond that maybe a little thing here or there gets done, but not the ones that are impending disaster.

I have got a post all jiffied up here for a few of our lathes that is basically bulletproof, except for;

line numbers

canned cycles following line numbers

G70 finishing X will ALWAYS cause a BIG crash!

It's very difficult for me because they hired me here to use MC, teach MC to the other programmers (not that I am top notch by any means) and it looks horrible every time I have to say 'well, the post is working great, but MC will crash because it doesn't know where to start the G70...so watch out! And don't forget to change it after by hand (totally not the point of MC)'.

So, in a sense I just feed off of what you say, Don, because I am in the same boat, it just has a hole in the floorboard.

Offhand, would there not be a way to tell the G70 to start at the defined stock diam. instead of going wherever it pleases???