Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Wait codes again for Mill/Turn.

crazy^millman

What was the outcome of this. Can the newest version of MC do "multitask" programming for machines such as Mazak's Integrex now in a way that everyone likes? And what about the latest "swiss turn" machines? Is the newest version of MC good for those or is MC still falling short when it comes to those two machine types?

The video that surfaced earlier in this thread is the development of event based post processing in Mastercam. This will allow full programming of multi-tasking machines including wait/sync issues. This is however not part of the current X3 release. There also is no official date that I am aware of when this will be released.

We just bought NX cam express for our multi-tasking needs. We had demos on Partmaker, Esprit, and NX. We mainly chose NX because it also does G-code driven machine simulation ,probe programming, and are getting ready to implement UG PLM express. If I only needed software to program multi-tasking machines and was still going to use MCX for the rest I would have chose Esprit.

I use Mastercam to program our Integrex E410-HS.

Here is a link to the machine we have.

The key is the In-House Post. It does have some bug in it however. Will not support G68 Transform operation on the Sub. Is not set-up to support Mazatrol Letters. I added probing to our Post along with the Mazatrol Letter support. Everything thing else is rock solid. Since Brett left In-House I am not sure who is the Post person to talk to. I would just keep contacting people there till you get the right person and get a 30 Day Demo for the post.

Swiss machines good luck I would look to something else. Mastercam keeps the idea up that they are right around the corner from having something. I just think the idea of 1 to 2 year corners are a lot to keep looking forward for.

HTH

quote:

Since Brett left In-House I am not sure who is the Post person to talk to.

This is not good news. I remember when we first started up with MC a big question was the status of multi turret mill turn programing. I was prommised X would have it. Still waiting. Unfortunately we have so much money invested in multiple seats,custom posts,and programming experience. We are in for the long haul now. When MTT finally comes out it will be like a bonus. A bonus that costs thousands of dollars and was supposed to be included in a maintnence release.

Mike

• 2 years later...

they will charge us extra for it too gcode :)

I am sorry about the necro but I was doing a search for pinch turning realizing how much fun mill turn is in mastercam (let alone how great lathe is) and came upon this nugget of a thread. The comments from CNC itself are quite entertaining.