Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Wait codes again for Mill/Turn.

crazy^millman

quote:

and I all felt that Esprit was very difficult to learn when compared to M/C or Gibbs for instance.

Hi Drew how you been ?? Good to hear from you.

As you said Esprit does have quite a learning curve.

I spent the better part of nine months learning it

last year and alot of the common sense (at least to us)

thing we take for granted have to be thrown out the window.

As Ive said before it does a great job but some tasks

that are sooo simple with other software are quite

a chore in Esprit.

Again good to see ya. cheers.gif

PEACE biggrin.gif

Hardmill--"As Ive said before it does a great job but some tasks that are sooo simple with other software are quite a chore in Esprit."

You are sooo correct, and don't forget about how cumbersome it is to try and "draw" or "design" something with it. I realize that Esprit is a CAM system and don't expect it to be Solidworks, however for some very simple tasks, it could be alot easier.

I also don't like having to waste time creating "chains" on a very perfect solid model in order to drive tool path. It's very time consumming, especially with open pockets. It's funny how you drive off the model for 3-D tool paths, but have to create geometry/chains for every simple 2D tool path. I would like to be able to just click on the solid model to drive my tool paths as in UG.

One thing I did like was upper and lower turret sync with using the mouse on the chains verses the toolpath editor I have developed in Mastercam now. To put one wait code in Mastercam it requires these steps. I have to turn on 3 different mi and mr varaiblies in the operations I am syncing. I then have to go into the toolpath editor. I then have to go to the point I want to sync. I then hit edit point. I then check cantext. I then click with arrow. I then click 20 wait code. I then click green check box. I then click another check box. I can then go back to the editor and repeat this for all the points I want to sync. Esprit it may be a pain to create the chains and I see the demo guy struggle with a little bit, but it was mouse clicks to do this in seconds and there was a page that showed all the syncing points and highlighted them on the screen so you knew where they were. My method require a very good memory and very good understanding of the code to work.

My owner here talked about UG and if we get some of the big contacts we have been quoting on that might become a reality. Glad to see you are still in business and getting it done with whatever got to work with for programming.