Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Dual monitors

strabe

I keep Cimco in one screen and Mastercam in the other. I keep the levels Manager, and other things on the other screen. I however have had nothing but trouble keeping ops managers on opposing screen when running 2 session so just keep them docked to the session of Mastercam they belong. I keep the forum up and my 2nd screen as well. Do posting editing on one screen and the post and see the results on another screen.

HTH

quote:

BTW is it possible to use 3 or 4 monitors connected to PC?

I have seen such at Power Stations

I have four 21 inch monitors. You can get spoiled. I have (2) Quadro 4600's. Wall to wall monitors can put a cramp in your neck if you look at the one thats to your side to long. biggrin.gif

quote:

Ultramon as well for dual monitor usage. It lets you flick between screens easier

With Nvidia's Desktop Manager utility you can set up hotkeys to swap apps between monitors (for free).

I've got "CRTL~" set for my left monitor

and "CRTL1" to send apps to the right screen.

I choose these because they didn't interfere

with old V9 hotkeys.. been using them ever since

With Ultramon you get a couple of extra icons at the top right of each window. So you have: Full width, swap screen, minimise, restore, close.

Snap1.jpg

It also gives you a heap of options for how the task bar works as well as allowing you to tweak for applications like games that freak out if you click on the other screen.

Bruce

quote:

quote:BTW is it possible to use 3 or 4 monitors connected to PC?

I have seen such at Power Stations

You mean like THIS??

Yes, you must have multiple video cards

and proper drivers for this to work.

(and a LOT of Money!)

Can you imagine playing Duke Nukem on that rig? WOW.