Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X-3

ATG

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

available soon at a reseller near you.............

The following will be added with the release of X3

New automatic feature based milling of Solids

New automatic feature based drilling of Solids

Supports SolidWorks solid history data

Translator Updates:

Parasolids® – 19

ACIS – R18

AutoCAD® DWG, DXF, DWF – 2008

AutoCAD Inventor IPT, IAM, IDW – 2008

CATIA® V5 – R18

KeyCreator® – V6

Pro/E® – Wildfire 4

Rhino® – 4

Solid Edge® – V20

SolidWorks® – 2008

Inventor® 2009

Swept surface improvements

New auto-sync for Wire

New 2d high speed toolpaths

Core mill

Area mill

Rest mill

Blend mill

Peel mill

Enhancements to Peelmill toolpath

New controlled engagement facing toolpath

Enhanced HST holder definition

Multi-axis speed improvements

New ability to save STL as a mesh entity

True Solids 5-axis verify now included at no extra charge

Improvements in Lathe machine definitions

Support of single file ATP processing

New ability to nest block drill toolpaths to a restricted area

Engrave toolpaths now supports multiple entry points

Multiple 4-axis Wirepaths in 1 operation now supported.

New Sculpt Organic Surface type in Art.

Improvements to Art manager

Art shading and material mapping improvements

quote:

Learn it, live it and get over it

And we wonder why this country is going to HELL. You spend thousands of dollars on an item and its doesnt work as its suppose to and its the consumers fault. Go figure.

Now thats the attitude to have.

If you buy a new car and the engine starts to knock do you get over it or do you take it back?

Sorry Toolman, it is NOT the same thing, not even close.

Apples and Oranges.

and BTW, who said it was the consumers fault???

You've run other software you know damn right well my statement about bugs is true

They are in EVERY damn piece of software you buy period.

Well, then someone pony up and go buy a piece of software that doesn't have bugs.

There are bugs and work arounds in software

I'm sorry but if you don't know and can't deal with that FACT, you're in the wrong business, perhaps it's time to move on...

Software developer maybe?

It would be nice if one of the head Peeps at CNC software could come on here and have a chat with us lathe users and explain why we have seen so little in the way of progress in lathe. They could talk about what features are coming down the pipe, when we might see them and of how much importance the lathe package is to them.

Maybe I delude myself in thinking that after all the years of our being a part of this forum we deserve some straight talk on the subject.

Phil

quote:

I'm sorry but if you don't know and can't deal with that FACT, you're in the wrong business, perhaps it's time to move on...

Yeah maybe we all should move on...to a company that would at least try to fix their software instead of adding more things that dont work. I bet my customers would like for me to deliver a part thats not correct and when asked about it give them a work around and tell them to get over it and move on. As Im sure your customers like it when you tell them that.

I can have an opinion and if you dont like it you can get over it and move on as well.

You cant compare buying a car to software because if you buy a car you own it and when you realize its a pos you can sell it and try to recover some of your investment. Also you don't have to pay 10-25% yearly maintenance fees to get warranty (bug fixes) covered.

quote:

It would be nice if one of the head Peeps at CNC software could come on here and have a chat with us lathe users and explain why we have seen so little in the way of progress in lathe. They could talk about what features are coming down the pipe, when we might see them and of how much importance the lathe package is to them.

They did.......

Toolman,

I don't know what other CAM software you have experience with, but ALL companies add features that end up being buggy. The developer can never predict how exactly the end user may try to apply a certain feature. If you don't think CNC Software is doing anything to remove bugs, you are delusional...look at the release notes!

Robert,

I know Bill was here and I appreciate his efforts.

That said his last comment,

quote:

Now here's the good news and the bad news all in one.

Based on where we are today, aside from some machine def updates, the changes I will start to implement will be in X3 MR1. I am your advocate here at CNC (no this is not the bad news ). I am working hard not only to make some changes in MR1 but putting a plan together for the long haul.

So, for us lathe guys, it seems that awaited improvements will NOT be seen in X3, but will start being implemented in X3 MR1. I am glad to know there will be improvements in the future. Even so, there has been a long silence in regard to lathe.

Bill, I do appreciate your efforts on our behalf.

Phil

I have used several different softwares through the years. I understand you will bugs. But, year after year they ignore them and give work arounds which is bull sh!t.

Now Im delusional. rolleyes.gif . I look at the release notes. Before they add more cr@p and come up with new sh!t, FIX WHAT YOU HAVE.

Have you tried to do Wire and Mill inside the same file? Has been a problem since using Machine Defs.

They have made promises on Lathe for years and what do we get? Nothing.