Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

2d mill contour tool path questions

NeilJ

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

If I could split an existing chain into two chains then I would like to create different entry and exit points.

You can use the same chain in 2 different toolpaths.. with different start and endpoints

right click a chain and check out

"Start Point"

also

Shorten and Lengthen on the Leadin/Out page

are very uselfull for using a chain in multiple toolpaths

quote:

Sometimes parts that I have programmed get changed and have a very tight tolerance applied to just a section of an existing contour tool path.

Well if your using the same tool for different tolerances hold the tight one and everything else that has a looser tolerance will be in. No need for different D numbers. Otherwise you should add another op anyways with a different tool. Always like to use a separate tool for tight finishing.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

When I first saw "NeilJ" rolleyes.gif post, I knew something was fishy, but I didn't say anything. So I just let the evidence develop... to see if my hunch was right. For a bit though, just a bit, I thought my initial hunch was wrong, then the WCS topic came up.... BAM! I was right.

As far as I am concerned, NOBODY should help this guy out, EVER. He want to talk smack about this forum in the NG's and on his blog, and he even goes so far as to name names and lie about people. Since this place sucks so bad, he certainly shoudl not be a beneficiary of any of the information here as far as I'm concerned.

JM2C

Who is an idiot to help the person like JB to have fun here ?

JB , How do you feel inside a clique of idots and xxxx ?

How came you do not know basic things ?

The answer is simple - you are lazy .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I haven't experimented with Shorten and Lengthen yet. I'll play around with them and see if I can make use of these options.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The guy like you - an expert in every possible thing ,preaching in his blog ,for us ,xxxx ,not to try this stuff .

Man ,you killing me .

As my grandmother used to say :

Gule ,kapzun ,dreg ist velvul !

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

His original name was banned. so he's resurfaced with at least 1 alias. He's been kicked out of EVERY decent forum on the internet. The News Group folks hate him too, they just can't ban him there.

Dave Thomson (eMastercam founder) made some sort of deal with him and let him stay after he proved that he was a legit user. There were certain conditions he (Jon, errrr NeilJ) had to abide by to stay. Nobody knows except for Dave and Jon what the agreement was. Rumor has it he was threatening to sue eMastercam. He's lucky I', not in charge. I'd show him the finger, then the door and welcome the lawsuit. eMastercam is a privilage NOT a right.

The forum membership is growing tired of his antics and his trash-talking. Seems like he's off his meds again. biggrin.giftongue.gif