Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam X3 Pre-release

As a little thank-you for all the excellent feedback that the users on eMastercam community provide, we would like to extend a special invitation to download the X3 Release prior to its official roll out which is scheduled for next week.

The maintenance cutoff date for X3 is June 30th, 2008, so you must have maintenance on that date or later to run X3. To check your maintenance expiration date, click Help / About / Hasp in X2 MR2 (or check HASPX.exe in the Start menu) and that dialog will display your maintenance expiration date.

To download and install Mastercam X3, click here. Save the file to your local hard drive, and when the download is complete, double-click on the self-extracting *.exe file and follow the installation instructions.

Please feel free to post any feedback in this thread or email [email protected].

NOTE: If you are running Microsoft Windows XP x64 or Microsoft Vista x64, please note that to install this download, you may need to install a recent Microsoft Hotfix that will allow the self-extracting *.exe to run. You can download the hotfix here.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cobra,

Yes. All 3rd party applications and chooks are NOT migrated to the new version as many will probably require a rebuild of some sorts. The problem stems from these non migrated apps being added as toolbars to your mastercam interface and now when the MTB files are migrated they have icons pointing to functions that do NOT exist in the X3 install which is why you get these errors upon startup. You can continue using mastercam and just ignore the errors or use the purge function on the startup error dialog to clean out the MTB files.

Gcode,

We will let In-House post these changes to the forum just in case there are other issues that we are not aware of. That way everything can be documented in one shot and even links to their updated posts can be included.

A heads up on posts though. No update is required from X2 to X3. There were some changes to the Parameters codes for X3 so if your post uses parameters and you are not getting the correct output, please refer to the Mastercam X3 Post Parameter Reference PDf file in your the X3 documentation folder.

I'm still waiting on our IT person banghead.gif For anyone who has done the install, How big is the documentation folder? Is it small enough someone could zip it up and e-mail it to me or put up on the FTP? I'd like to start reading on what is needed to make the move from our current X2 install to X3.

Thanks,

Rick

I see no lag issues and the verify is outstandingly

better, shaded level open and closing no lag, etc...

I can play with this thing all day(might even get some work done) wink.gifbiggrin.gif

Btw I tried the migrating when prompted on install. I got errors when opening up but deleted the 'x+' tool bar and a few unnecessary ones and the errors are gone

rick