Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X3 MU1 - when will it come - From CNC

I apologize for it taking so long for a response to the "When will it come thread". I'm sure many of you think that us folks at CNC stay current with this forum, but I must admit it is very time consuming to keep up with the overload of posts on here. There are many, many great posts and it does take plenty of time for us to try and follow-up on them. My self and my staff do spend most of our time in the beta forums for obvious reasons. Please do NOT assume if it was posted here that we are aware of it. Make sure that your send your issues/bugs to CNC direct. You can get the necessary contact emails from our website.

X3 MU1 is in the final stages of PC (production candidate) testing as I type this. Yes, we did hope to release around the end of October, but issues arose that we felt needed to be fixed in MU1 which has caused delays. Many of these things are issues that arose here and in the beta forum and for that we thank you for providing us with feedback.

If all goes well over the next few days we plan on releasing MU1 to the general public next week (my preference is NOT on a Friday. smile.gif ) The Maintenance date for MU1 is 10/31/08. This means that if your annual maintenance contract expired prior to this, you will NOT be able to run MU1. If your annual maintenance expired in October you WILL be able to run MU1. Obviously anyone expiring after 10/31/08 will be able to run MU1.

So yes, we are late with MU1, but the maintenance date coincides with our original intent of releasing in October.

I wish everyone a safe and Happy Thanksgiving and a great weekend.

Toolman,

The information on bug fixes is available to Beta testers only at this point. I can tell you that a great many of the bugs that made X3 too much to run for some people have been addressed. I notice that you are a Mill Level 2 user. It would be of great help (I think) if we could get you onboard as a Beta tester. Most of the Beta testers are Mill 3 or Router Pro (basically the same thing). Sometimes we miss issues that effect Level 2 users. If you are interested you should contact your reseller about becoming a Beta test site...

From what I can see X3 MU1 fixed enough of the problems that we will be upgrading our production seats from X2 MR2 SP1 to X3 MU1 in the near future...

Thanks,

X3 MU1 will be a download only and will be available from the Website as well.

There were lots of fixes made and a few enhancements so putting together a complete list may be ma little overwhelming. I'll see about putting together a highlight of the major areas that received fixes. As Colin said many of the issues raised here have been addressed - Many tool numbering issues, import ops issues, the highlight issue, the problems with drilling dialog interaction, toolpath bugs, a few small FBM enhancements, and on and on.