Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

'Wants' for Version 10

kathy

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

but it's basically IDENTICAL to what it was then. The only real difference is that you don't have to type "mcam" at a dos prompt anymore and you get a semi-useless toolbar along the top of your screen.

LMFAO

You're killing me, here! Identical. That's a very imposing statement that attests to your lack of common sense and foolishness. You obviously can't see past the somewhat archaic but extremely fluid GUI.

I think you need a time-out. Go sit at that desk and use some of the other packages out there, and you'll be wondering why you came in here and made such a fool out of yourself.

'Rekd teh User error: replace user and press any key to continue.

quote:

MasterCAM decided not to lift the cutter back to Ref and instead just go straight to the next point of entry.

Couldn't you play with the gap settings to get MC to retract? Just a thought.

cheers.gif Noel

ensoll,

"Mastercam is great, and I appreciate it's existence, but I think many people who have been using it for so long would agree that it has not kept up with industry advances as would be expected. "

with all due respect, I think it is you

who have not kept up with Mastercams advances.

I was also wondering if there was an easier way to do say a c’bored hole with a draft angle. At the other shop we did a lot of shallow, truncated npt threads in stainless. (Roughed with pre-radiused Dataflute e.m.'s and threaded in one pass with tapered Vardex insert thread mills). All that was needed was to point the (usually inferior) software to the 1.5 deg connecting line (it had to be at a quadrant on the arc 0, 90, 180, 270) and it would apply the angle at all points in the depth of cuts without needing a surface, solid or having to go into 3D mode. This same feature could apply to draft angles in pockets, contours and even thread milling ops by simply checking an option box in the parameters page and selecting an angled connecting line in the wireframe. Funny thing was every time the inferior software came out with a new release it looked more and more like MasterCam. rolleyes.gif Am I missing something that MasterCam may already have?

quote:

Couldn't you play with the gap settings to get MC to retract? Just a thought.

Like I said, he could if he actually knew how to um, USE the software...?

:edit:

You really are funny for an idiot. The Soiled Works toolpaths suck compared to Mastercam's. eek.gif (another small reference to his ignorance). I guess we better start with the basics when dealing with you, eh?

quote:

One of my favorite features of Mastercam is when you try to verify a toolpath and instead it decides to give you a fatal exception error!

Haven't seen a program yet the doesn't crash from time to time. If it happens often, mayhaps you should look into getting a new box to run it on, and quit messing with it. You're prolly the guy that knows just enough to be dangerous, but is still stupid enough to think we all believe it's the software, (which seems to work fine for most people), and not the operator.

:/edit:

'Rekd teh I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder.

[ 06-06-2003, 10:52 AM: Message edited by: Rekd ]

ensoll,

No one ever said MC was perfect.

However, to state that it is the same package now

at v9.1 as it was at V4 is absurd.

Go back to V4 for a day and you will realize

what a goofy statement that was wink.gif

BTY

I own and use SolidWorks on a daily basis and love it. My idea of a perfect CAD/CAM system would

be Mastercam running inside SolidWorks.

quote:

Fire dragons evil twin perhaps?

The Sequel "RETURN OF TEH DRAGON"

quote:

The only real difference is that you don't have to type "mcam"

I thought you were just an idiot confused.gif .

Now I see that you are a Blind Idiot cool.gifconfused.gif .

That statement pretty much closes the case on either your knowlege of the software or your connection to the "real world" (unless maybe your running V5.

I suggest you get some training, and in the mean time for God sakes stay away from the machines. You could kill someone.

As far as not having time to learn how to use your tools cuz you have to ship parts ... Duh ... don't sound like thats workin' out so well. Remins me of the guy who spent all day sawing down that tree. He cut and cut and after 3 hours he wasnt 1/4 the way through the trunk. A guy wachin' said why dont you sharpen the blade ? To which the exhasporated tree surgeon said "I dont have time for that, I gotta get this tree cut down".

CAM teh parable

[ 06-06-2003, 11:33 AM: Message edited by: CAMmando ]

Is that the best you could come up with? LOL, no wonder you SUCK at programming.

quote:

When you pick a surface or solid face and create a toolpath for it and everything works fine except for one miscalculated point, how on earth is that operator error?

A) Check your tolerance settings and your surfaces/solids for 'gaps'. Failure to do so puts the blame on YOU.

B) Verify your toolpaths, (duh). Failure to do so puts the blame on YOU.

C) Does your post work? Didn't see the error in Verify/BP? Get it fixed.

quote:

So do you actually work, or do you just sit around with your nose stuck up MC's xxxx and make pretty little avatar's for your pretty little forum membership?

I work a lot more than you ever will. I program, set up and run 5 4th axis machines, by myself. And because of MC and the flawless code I get from it, (meaning I don't have to edit it, and rarely have to verify it because I'm confident with it), I don't have to spend all day at the machine or in front of MC. So I have time to come here and bounce your face off the vise repeatedly.

I back MC because it's good software. Period. And I've tried LOTS of them in my career. Let me break it down for you...

CAD/CAM Software I've used:

[*]GibbsNC (The original MAC version, years ago when it was seperate programs for CAD and CAM, good stuff too, btw)

[*]Virtual Gibbs

[*]Cimitron

[*]SurfCAM

[*]Bobcad

[*]EZMill

[*]MasterCAM

CAD Software I've used:

[*]Cadkey

[*]Solid Edge

[*]Solid Works

[*]Pro E

[*]Autocad

I've been around the block. I've seen other software fail when compared to MC. It stands right up there with ANY other software I've seen, and beats most of them hands down. And the support is THE best I've seen.

Now, if you're done complaining about not being able to get good toolpaths, where most everyone else seems to be doing it, and start looking for answers to some of your problems, than get down off your high horse, reverse the self-induced anal cranium inversion you've imposed on yourself, and ask a serious question.

Otherwise, go screw yourself and start using Bobcad if MC is so bad.

:edit:

quote:

and make pretty little avatar's for your pretty little forum membership?

It is a pretty avatar, isn't it? Thanks biggrin.gif

:/edit:

'Rekd teh Webby's gonna get me for this one I'm sure! tongue.gif

[ 06-06-2003, 11:33 AM: Message edited by: Rekd ]

ensoll,

If after creating your toolpath and you do not see the rapid and/or feed move thru your part, you may have a post issue. If that is the case, this could also be why you badger the software for not having capablities that you want to see and lack of knowledge for fully using what is offered to you. I am not trying to "get into" the arguement at hand, I am just pointing out a fact that I have personally run into. That is, once a person runs into a specific issue, that individuals foresight has just ceased to exist. This is where the lack of knowledge comes into play. You may have had a seat of MC since V4. That still does not mean that you fully understand and know how to run the software.

If you are ruuning V9.1, try running you posted code thru the MCU add-on and see what you get. It will verify/backplot you actual code.

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that you have a post problem. Maybe you have been updating your post for the latest releases each time. I am not a fan of "post-updating" because it will not allow you take advantage of the latest features more times than not.

Good luck