Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

HSAP

k2_snowboarder2000

You know I think its funny you guys all go Hmm..

And make cracks. Did anyone think to e-mail this snowhacker and remind him that software piracy is illegal and carries a stiff fine... or maybe even include a link to the bsa in their e-mail like I did??? Maybe they're unaware of the potential consequences?????? rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Good point Will.

Usually I refrain from e-mail addresses coming from @hotmail.com, @yahoo.com, etc... because these are more often than not, just e-mail boxes so they can take advantage of resources like this withouth having to divulge who they really are. It's king of like an anonymizer.

JM2C

maybe the error message doesn't say "hasp file not found".

It could say hasp not found and customer could have had a hard time copying the error message correctly. If thats the case his dealer may need to step in and explain how to install Mastercam.

I get calls all the time from people who say they are INSTALLING Mastercam and it says the sims not there.

What I find out is they are LAUNCHING Mastercam and getting and error that says "Warning Hasp not found"

Will,

[You know I think its funny you guys all go Hmm..]

It's not funny when you know that his dealer-reseller hasn't set his box up. And having it

not run tells you nobody was probably ever there.

You don't remember when your box had MC installed?

I do and Craig(dealer-reseller) also gave us training on the software.

frown.gif Jim

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I used to go to all of my customers(when I was working for the reseller) and install their software and tweek their posts for them if they wanted. Most did, some did not.

JM2C

I've only been using MC for a few months and when we updated to v9, we (my boss) opted not to have our reseller come out and install it. I'm just saying that it may not be as common as you think.

quote:

Usually I refrain from e-mail addresses coming from @hotmail.com, @yahoo.com, etc... because these are more often than not, just e-mail boxes so they can take advantage of resources like this withouth having to divulge who they really are. It's king of like an anonymizer.

James, I hope you don't refrain from helping with my questions because of my email addy. My ISP makes me use Outhouse Express (which I hate) so I don't use it...nor do I want to pay for a mail program. I set up a yahoo mail account that I can access wherever I access this forum from. If you choose not to reply, I have to live with it. I appreciate the help you have given me.

Thad

I know that it looks bad on the surface. The guy is a new member in August 19th of 2002.

If he does have a pirate copy, then why would he ask of all places - this place?

Why not ask the guy that gave it to him?

Do you remember all of the changes that we went through from ver 4 thru ver 9 ~ the green hasp, the white hasp, etc! God knows the patches we went through with Windows NT. I wasn't easy for any of us - was it?

This guy might be legit, or maybe he posted at 12:00AM or something.

Please do not be so quick to judge. If he is legit, chances are he will be so intimidated that he will never return. Our first experiences with Mastercam a very critical as is our first experiences with user group, internet, mail, etc!

Please do not spurn the possibility that he is legit, some people actually thought a computer mouse was a foot pedal – I wasn’t sure about what it was myself, I only knew that it was some kind of high tech device.

Regards, Jack

Hi Mr. Mayette,

Just my 2 cents as new member. My number is 209. I have been programming with MC since ver.6. This forum has been a great source of information. I have only 2 posts. When you look them up, you will find that they are not earth moving answers. My e-mail address is [email protected]. This is so I can get an answer from home when I have time to read my e-mails. Would I receive more answers to my posts if i gave my work e-mail? I hope that would not be the case.

I had to look up your [email protected]. confused.gif Hope this does not spin your prop too much. wink.gif

[email protected]

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Perhaps I should have expressed myself better. DOH! The message should have read as follows ;

Usually I refrain from sending the person an e-mail reminding then about the consequences of piracy if their e-mail comes from a free e-mail provider AND they have e-mail addresses like for example [email protected]. Sorry for the mis-communication.

The folks I was talking about are ones with the e-mail addresses like [email protected] and that hide behind screen names like Bilbo Baggins. I realize that a large portion of our community here uses [email protected] for one reason or another but when asking questions like what our snow friend asked, with his nom du plume, it just spikes up the pirate alert a bit.

Those that belong in here should not be afraid to ask questions and those that do not belong SHOULD be afraid, they should be very afraid. eek.gifeek.gifeek.gif

Will is cool because he doesn't hide behind anything, he's more original than me, at least he uses a cool name. Short and to the point.

I have my e-mail address available for all that want to look at my profile. I don't hide it.

quote:

If he does have a pirate copy, then why would he ask of all places - this place?

Because there are people on earth that are really that dumb like the guy on The Discovery Channel proclaiming his use of Mastercam even though he was pirating the software. Though he's since come clean and bought a couple of seats from what I hear. Perhaps he saw the error of his ways? Maybe he saw that new show he's going to have evaporate if he got busted for something like this? Kind of hard to explain why you can't afford to buy some software when you're driving around in a fully souped up hot rod that costs more than a lot of people's homes.

quote:

I know that it looks bad on the surface.

Yeah it does. Especially since he has not returned to defend his honor. But when you post with a name that is not a real name and don't even sign with a real name either makes you kind of wonder doesn't it?

JM2C

[ 08-21-2002, 02:28 AM: Message edited by: James Meyette ]

There is another reason to use a hotmail or yahoo account here on the forumn. Brand X cad/cam salespeople and other spammers have been know to troll this forum for email addresses.

Webby has got it set up so they can't use bots

to scan the board, ( try clicking on 2 or 3

user's email buttons in rapid succession) but there is nothing to stop people from reading your email address if you've elected to make it available.

I've even gotten email from Chinese pirates

advertising their stolen wares frown.gif

Unfourtunately, Hotmail is so overrun with spam nowdays that I've set the spam filters to

"exculsive" and no one can email me anyway rolleyes.gif

When the HASP is not detected, the error returned is Warning - HASP Not Found. k2_snowboarder2000 reported the error as HSAP file not found. Did 2_snowboarder2000 accidentally add "file" by mistake? Perhaps. Is it a coincidence that he is a recent member, has but one post and has not returned to defend that lone post? It's possible. However, he has not replied to my email requesting for clarification of this "fishy" situation.

Rock BANNED. Rubber BANNED. BANNED-Aid. Either way, until I receive a response, k2_snowboarder2000 has been temporarily banned from the eMastercam forum.