Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X5 release

Bob W.

I would love to know the answer to that. I have several jobs on the near horizon and I would hate to start programming them now if X5 is gonna be released in the next week. I don't wanna program twice if the new roughing options are as good as some are saying. I thought we would see the new release by now. But, waiting a little longer, without any bugs, will certainly be worth some more patience.

quote:

I asked about mill/turn when I was there--the only reply I got was: "We are working on it."

Translation: "Don't hold your breath!"

They might as well not even bother doing anything with MTM at this point.

It is obvious it is a very low priority and ESPRIT effectively owns that part of the market now.

P*ss Poor Product Management.

No other way to describe this sad state of affairs.

That video is a joke. Check out the highly accurate machine simulation at 2:38. No lower and upper turret syncs. Anyone else wonder why we dropped maintenance on 3 seats of lathe? I have heard "we are working on it since...I dunno...like V9...5 generations ago...wow. Come to think of it...that globe could of been programmed in V9.

Deal indeed. Too bad none of the other big name players don't get in the game. (Hint, it's not too late.) Think about it . A perishable cutting tool manufacturer makes several different custom tool libraries according to grades and coatings for specific materials. As a machinist using MC, who wouldn't love that. You would think that this would be a great sales tool.

quote:

Mill-Turn?

X5 Video Looks like their Integrex

I'm completely unimpressed with the video.

A Dual-Spindle Integrex with a lower Turret and they couldn't do a simple balanced rough or ANY simultaneous Upper and Lower Ops?

CNC Software should be ashamed of themselves for posting that video.

If that's their idea of MTM, they wasted their money on the Integrex.

PS-

The laughing you hear is coming from 1150 Avenida Acaso in Camarillo.