Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MasterCAM X6 released?

Chazsani

Hey my pirate remark was just a joke about how much resources are spent trying to keep people from illegally using the software vs the resources spent on fixing bugs.

If anyone wants to steal software and use it they can, if they are smart enough, and there is nothing anyone can do about it....period.

I would like to see more bugs fixed myself.

I think the reason there will not be a bug list is more of a corporate liability/political issue. Being the #1 ranked software don't look good when you admit there are bugs that arent getting fixed....

Murlin, get out of the dark ages man!

You dont have to be smart to dload a torrent of the software with a kegen or crack or what ever

you want to call it.

MU1 will in the not so near future be released and that will be out there

for the pirates too. But you actually made a valid point that is making more sense to me

why us maintenance customers are getting the shaft for bug fixed updates.

Paying customers won't look else-ware or stop maintenance or heaven forbid, complain about a bug

that cost them money, if they have reliability in there softeware.

Take 1 guy off software piracy and put steep/shallow in the edit common parameters. ;)

Then go back to piracy.... B)

Machine & Control Def files can be updated using the "Update Folder" utility then specify what type of file you want to update.

I prefer to copy the custom files to a folder to separate them from the files that do not require updating, like the default files. B)

Machine & Control Def files can be updated using the "Update Folder" utility then specify what type of file you want to update.

I prefer to copy the custom files to a folder to separate them from the files that do not require updating, like the default files. B)

Yeah, I almost can't stress this one enough. The documents we will provide our customers covers this process thoroughly.

There are 2 options when updating, 1 from the my mcamx5 and the other from shared mcamx5

If you choose the shared one EVERYTHING is going to get updated. Typically NOT what any user wants.

I create a folder on my desktop "Temp" inside I created the structure for cnc_machines and mill/posts or lathe/posts and copy what I want to update into there. You can also do tool libraries and/or op files and operations defaults files. Just have to make sure they are in the right places.

Then using Update folder, my source folder is my "Temp" folder. Only the files in there will get updated.

Takes and extra minute but a WAY cleaner way to do it.

At the necessary time, I will likely make that document available here as well,, as I have done for the past few versions.

JP if I am the only user on my pc, i should be ok just to update everything, right?

(to make it easy)

No Rick.

Don't, it will update EVERY file in that shared folder. That's not what you want, trust me.

Take the extra few, you'll be so much happier and back running quickly

Why update default files from the previous install? :huh:

Many users, myself included set those with our normal settings, we don't use the default values.

I know I don't like having to redo that all over again.

If I need to add a missing tool path, that is easy enough to do.

Yes, I know that was a rhetorical question. B)

I migrated the "mymcax5" files then used the "Update Folder" utility the same as you described John. Copied custom files to a new folder to isolate them and sorted them out by file type as well. After updating I'll copy the custom files to the custom folder and copy it up to the server for storage.

Murlin, get out of the dark ages man!

You dont have to be smart to dload a torrent of the software with a kegen or crack or what ever

you want to call it.

MU1 will in the not so near future be released and that will be out there

for the pirates too. But you actually made a valid point that is making more sense to me

why us maintenance customers are getting the shaft for bug fixed updates.

Paying customers won't look else-ware or stop maintenance or heaven forbid, complain about a bug

that cost them money, if they have reliability in there softeware.

Take 1 guy off software piracy and put steep/shallow in the edit common parameters. ;)

Then go back to piracy.... B)

I think you misunderstand meh.

Now used to PTC would email your MAC addy and version to a database and you would get busted if you were using a different version then your license, there is all kinds of ways to get caught. Pirates still compile a new exe and they only gonna do it once per.

But that wasnt my point.

My point was that I am convinced the some of the bugs are a direct result of the embedded security. some will never get fixed because they would break the security.