Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Issues and features

Hi ,folx

Talking about MCX5 MU1

1.2d highspeed dinamic area milling - not able to implement subroutines in any of my posts.

Who have managed to use subroutines in this toolpath ?

2 .

Why on Earth I have to deselect by hand all the masked operations in op.manager .

If you need separate button so make it!

iF i HAVE 400 toolpathes and 8 masked tp dispersed over the program that I need to deselect to see the proper

program simulation it consumes huge ammount of time.

Have you ever thought that if I masked them from posting I don`t need to see them in verification too.

Why we dont have option to invert selection of the toolpathes like we have in geometry select ?

Same reason it is too timeconsuming to manage 300-500 or more toolpathes .

And I have them on regular bases.

My operation manager never shows operation time for threadmilling in any post I have.

This is not a big deal the deal is it never shows time for all the toolpathes if I have threadmilling at all.

In right click on op manager select command why I have no option to select by WCs and what I have is only by

view on toolplane

Have you ever had a fast way to check if you have more than one WCS for the machine group ?

For me it means crash and I need to check 200-300 tp by hand ?

Nice...

You guys need to look toward some of us that have large ammount of toolpathes .

What about multitasking for all operations I mean being able to regen one and edit other one?

Talking about Dinamic area milling why I can not enter from any point i LIKE ?

About HSt toolpathes I do not give a d... that they are from other program developer

I need tham to work in a proper way and with all the options I have .

Why in opearation manager I can not see time for every operation ?

Is it a big deal -show me resulting time -and leave all the other data for the backplot.

Now about the toolpath parameter pages - the sheer logic of their placement misses my understanding

They need to be the same in every toolpath

What drives me mad is planes placement.

For me it is most important page and it can be anywhere even inside addition settings together with coolant.

Come on guys ,be serious .

Planes must be transparent in any toolpath and it is first parameter I change most of times .

Next goes linkong that also can be anywhere .

Because when you have lots of toolpathes you copy-past them and change parameters most of times and not go from scratch.

For the developers -take some part make 5-10 machine groups for different operations using different machines ,

place all the fixtures and groups for fixture making and see what I mean.

bY THE WAY TALKING ABOUT wCS AND VIEW PLANES hOW CAN i BACKUP THEM ?

Just tell me I don`t need it !

What is not a big deal when you have one group and 15 toolpathes can be a mess when you have

lots of them and worked for the project for a gouple of days

Best regards

Yah, what he said, I thinx

One thing I find real irritating, but maybe I'm just doing something wrong. I'll have a program with 10 or so WCSs in a machine group. I want to use G54 for the entire program. No matter how many times I set the work offset box to 0, every time I look there are half a dozen toolpaths that have it revert back to -1. Then, when I change it to 0, again, I get the friggin warning box that the work offset has already been used. So I click on Update the view and all operations.... and when I click the green check mark nothing happens. So then I click on Upate just this Operation, and my work offset goes to 0. Then, when I post, I get another friggin warning box that I'm using the same work offset in more than one view. Then, if I search my program, I'll find a couple toolpaths using G55 or G56. I go back to those toolpaths and the work offset has reverted back to -1. WTF?

I know this only address one of these issues listed here but for the issue listed by guyinthedesert if you use mpmaster there is a misc value that you can switch on so it locks on first WCS. Meaning it will only output G54 throughout your entire NC file. If you don't use mpmaster then put a request into your reseller and I'm sure they can make this happen for you depending upon your machine and post of course.

It can be very easy to point out flaws or negative attributes of anything. If you want to be heard then I would suggest writing an email to your reseller and asking them to pass it onto CNC software with your idea's or suggestions. I'm sure with future releases of the software these issues will get addressed and the software will continue to improve.

The added features and improved toolpath calculation time in X6 will make it worth while to use.

post-20717-0-27529000-1319633046_thumb.png

File / Save Some / pick one piece of geometry... all the views in the original file will be in the new file.

Then you can use that file as a seed to import views into subsquent files.

+ 1 billlion

Bear (Alex correct?),

Can you provide any of your Mastercam files to us for testing? We have an FTP site I can give you to upload them. Large part files with many operations would be very helpful for our internal software testing.

Several of the issues you have brought up are being worked on already. I'm going to go through your list and make sure all those issues have been entered and assigned enhancement request or bug numbers. I don't have the time to do it today, but I'll try to get it done by Friday.

Adding "WCS" to the 'Select' function from the Ops Manager Right-Click menu is a great idea. "Don't Backplot or Verify Ghosted Operations" is also on our list of 'Must Have' features.

We do have a plan in place to address these (and many other) Operations Manager issues, but I can't say any more than that at this time.

@Teh Bear

I cant count how many times I have searched for an issue here on the forum and your the one who's answers/responses have been 100% on the money.

Easily one of the most knowledgeable people I have come across on this forum!

Thanks for helping us out!!!

He is one to listen to CNC!!!

File / Save Some / pick one piece of geometry... all the views in the original file will be in the new file.

Then you can use that file as a seed to import views into subsquent files.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah I know

But this will not help me in my programs

Origins that the problem

If I have one view with the current origin and one in other file same name with the other what will happen ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Colin !

We are subcontractors and most of files are property of the clients.

Although I have one file that is 100 percent mine it is small one 5 machine groups 250 toolpathes 60 tools

3 operations and two fixtures that I can give you with no problems

It weights 35 MB and 3,5 MB in zipped state .

If you want it you can get it .

No worries Bear, I understand the IP issues.

3.5 MB Zipped? Please send it in. QC (at) Mastercam.com

Just put in the email that it is for testing.

Are you in our Beta Testers program? You should be if you are not already, your comments and the help you've given the community over the years is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Are you in our Beta Testers program? You should be if you are not already, your comments and the help you've given the community over the years is much appreciated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Colin.

I have no time . too busy with programming and other things .

BTW I am not complaining I am very happy with HS machining tp it helps me to solve many problems .

But it is far from perfection .

Same for MC in general .

It gives me decent salary .

What I want is stability and safety and I lack them.

If you want we can discuss some issues privatly .

I will sent you my corporate e-mail and sent you zip tommorow.

Best regards

Want some good poetry:

The Army of Death

by Charles Hamilton Sorley

When you see millions of the mouthless dead

Across your dreams in pale battalions go,

Say not soft things as other men have said,

That you'll remember. For you need not so.

Give them not praise. For, deaf, how should they know

It is not curses heaped on each gashed head?

Nor tears. Their blind eyes see not your tears flow.

Nor honour. It is easy to be dead.

Say only this, "They are dead." Then add thereto,

"Yet many a better one has died before."

Then, scanning all the o'ercrowded mass, should you

Perceive one face that you loved heretofore,

It is a spook. None wears the face you knew.

Great death has made all his for evermore.

If I have one view with the current origin and one in other file same name with the other what will happen ?

the incoming duplicate name will be renamed new view # (next unused number)

you could also open a blank file, import the views you want backed up and save it as View Backup.MCX-5

That`s exactly what I mean .

I wanted save views restore views function

Let`s suppose you do not use assosiate to entety and

all your views have no custome origin escept for WCS for groops

Now suppose you scrapped your origins.

Why I can not use assosiate ?

Cause I need to move parts in phisical space for the correct posting for some machines that

have no 5 axis shifting calculation.

Looks very messy ?

Thats the way to program when you have combination of Haas and Mori-seiki

Hi ,folx

Talking about MCX5 MU1

1.2d highspeed dinamic area milling - not able to implement subroutines in any of my posts.

Who have managed to use subroutines in this toolpath ?

2 .

Why on Earth I have to deselect by hand all the masked operations in op.manager .

If you need separate button so make it!

iF i HAVE 400 toolpathes and 8 masked tp dispersed over the program that I need to deselect to see the proper

program simulation it consumes huge ammount of time.

Have you ever thought that if I masked them from posting I don`t need to see them in verification too.

Why we dont have option to invert selection of the toolpathes like we have in geometry select ?

Same reason it is too timeconsuming to manage 300-500 or more toolpathes .

And I have them on regular bases.

My operation manager never shows operation time for threadmilling in any post I have.

This is not a big deal the deal is it never shows time for all the toolpathes if I have threadmilling at all.

In right click on op manager select command why I have no option to select by WCs and what I have is only by

view on toolplane

Have you ever had a fast way to check if you have more than one WCS for the machine group ?

For me it means crash and I need to check 200-300 tp by hand ?

Nice...

You guys need to look toward some of us that have large ammount of toolpathes .

What about multitasking for all operations I mean being able to regen one and edit other one?

About HSt toolpathes I do not give a d... that they are from other program developer

I need tham to work in a proper way and with all the options I have .

Why in opearation manager I can not see time for every operation ?

Is it a big deal -show me resulting time -and leave all the other data for the backplot.

Now about the toolpath parameter pages - the sheer logic of their placement misses my understanding

They need to be the same in every toolpath

What drives me mad is planes placement.

For me it is most important page and it can be anywhere even inside addition settings together with coolant.

Come on guys ,be serious .

Planes must be transparent in any toolpath and it is first parameter I change most of times .

Next goes linkong that also can be anywhere .

Because when you have lots of toolpathes you copy-past them and change parameters most of times and not go from scratch.

For the developers -take some part make 5-10 machine groups for different operations using different machines ,

place all the fixtures and groups for fixture making and see what I mean.

Just tell me I don`t need it !

What is not a big deal when you have one group and 15 toolpathes can be a mess when you have

lots of them and worked for the project for a gouple of days

Best regards

Well said.

The added features and improved toolpath calculation time in X6 will make it worth while to use.

Does this mean the zig zag option in the waterline and Rest waterline will stop retracting hundreds of times when you

can clearly see where it works and doesn't work, yet the geometry is virtually identical?

For example

(keep in mind this is a good example.)

.01 step down, .25 keep tool down??

zig.png

Rickster,

.25 'Keep tool down within' value? Try increasing that to 1.0 or larger until the unwanted motion goes away. I'm not saying this is a fix for all cases, but often just increasing this parameter (basically "Gap Size") can avoid this issue.

Do you have 'Optimize cut order' turned on?

Under Steep/Shallow - Do you have "Contact" or "Contact and Inside" enabled?

No, not a beta tester, per say.

This job is controlled goods. when I have something I can send to you I will.

I have toyed with the idea of beta but I am a jobbing shop and cant afford the

lost time using the software at an even buggier stage. I have to shut down or

'reboot 3 or 4 times a day just to get these some of these rest paths to process.

change the tiniest of geometry....invalid machining zone.....reboot, path processes....

sometimes i get that on a newly created path....save.... restart...reprocess...path regens.

always on copied paths.

Bear,

2D subs.

I'm sure we've run this a few times without drama - I'll check at work tomorrow.

Ref quick check of WCS - Will X+ do this?

We use it for a quick check before posting, and it shows us things like work offset number is set the same per tool, or coolant on/off etc.

It also shows time for each toolpath and total for job. Very good as you can swap toolpath strategy, regen and quickly check to see if it's quicker or slower between one toolpath strategy and the other.

As always all good points and some nice words at the end!

Colin - sounds like you and the chaps (and chap esses) are working on some good things. Keep it up!

Cheers