Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

This is how dangerously ___________ this software is.

neurosis

I completely started over with new posts (mpmaster) with X5. I do all of my post mods in FreeBSD using Meld for comparing and making necessary changes. It is very fast to see differences and make the necessary changes without changing the things that you do not want changed.

The only post that I have done a significant amount of complicated changes for is our Mori. I have added a bunch of logic for spindle probing routines.

Now one thing that I have not tried, is to use a default post that comes with Mastercam and see if it has the same issues. I have always used MPmaster posts.

The code that you see posted in my very first post of this thread, was posted using the brand new version of MPmaster for X6. I am creating a new post for our new machines and started with a fresh X6 MPMaster.

it would be interesting if you would post using the generic (not modified) X6 MPmaster and a generic mastercam X6 post and and see if that changes anything. Maybe an InHouse post issue. just trying to help narrow things down.

it would be interesting if you would post using the generic (not modified) X6 MPmaster and a generic mastercam X6 post and and see if that changes anything. Maybe an InHouse post issue. just trying to help narrow things down.

I just reproduced this exact same issue using the Generic Haas 4 - Axis VMC-1 Machine def and its post that installs with X6.

The D value in the operation says 2 and yet it posts as D32.

Curious to what your control definition is set to as far as tool registry?

I have tried both settings. Obviously I no longer want to add +30 to the diameter offset, so I have tried Add to tool with 0 in both fields, and I have tried From Tool.

Neither one of those makes a difference.

you have to reselect the tool in each operation to get it to post out...

a very lame, tedious and dangerous workaround

Thanks Gcode. Im not trying to discount your suggestion when I say this.

I am well aware of SEVERAL work arounds for this issue. They are ALL tedious and time consuming. ;) Your suggestion is one of the many that I have used to get the file to post properly.

I have a feeling that by the time I get all of our part files changed over I will be an expert at this.

just thinking there maybe a corrupt file. i had some weird stuff happening in X5, i dumped it and downloaded it again, installed it and then it was fine, cleared up the issues i was having. did you download this from MC website? i always wait a couple days now to download less internet "traffic". i know it's a pain to do that but worth a shot you know when you're less busy ;) hth

I really don't think a fresh install of X6 is needed.

That Tool Setting (Add To Tool) is part of the Control Definition and the Duplicate Tool Check is part of the Operation Defaults. Once I had them set, they stayed set.

In my experience, once those are set, they don't change. When the Machine and Control Definitions frist came out, I struggled with them, but I found it easier to keep the Machine/Control Defintion/Post in their own folder. It makes it relatively simple to update with each new release.

• Like 1

If you already have the operations and tools picked and then try to change the control def it will not change what was already generated. If you do reselect as Gcode the tool register will set those numbers for you.

I will mess with it when I get the time. I am sure there is an easier way and less dangerous.

Wouldn't necessarily say it is a glitch in the software. The tools were pre-chosen under a different set of rules. Changing the rules after the fact would require some messing around. Although I was under the impression the control def was controlling the post output regardless of tool register settings for already used tools.

My impression was wrong apparently.

a very lame, tedious and dangerous Cad/Cam system

fissed.

every, I mean EVERy single path in 5 axis has to be edited and tools reselected with any tool change data.

this has gone so far backwards anyday now I'm expecting to see my old Flexo-writer and a roll of paper tape on my desk :wallbash:

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Do you have a trick for the stock to leave changing to.05" during regen on copied or edited paths?

This seems to the one that is plaguing me the most this week.

Dunno... I'll play with it on the airplane today and see if it does that to me.

Do you have a trick for the stock to leave changing to.05" during regen on copied or edited paths?

This seems to the one that is plaguing me the most this week.

That damn bug is kicking my xxxx!! I crunch 5 toolpaths overnight, come in the morning and find they ALL changed to .05" during regeneration!!! The operator needs the program, but no, he has to wait for me to recrunch the paths!!!

I handle H&D my post. It's NEVER anything other than what I expect... EVER! Easy peasy.

No alarms, no BS... ROCK SOLID!

That's great. What do you do when you have a lathe with 3 different tools in one holder???? Or even a mill with multiple offsets for one tool???

My favorite is when you renumber a tool and go back and it says one tool yet in the tool list it has a totally different tool highlighted as being used.

This is very serious and scary stuff.

Josh-

just thinking there maybe a corrupt file. i had some weird stuff happening in X5, i dumped it and downloaded it again, installed it and then it was fine, cleared up the issues i was having. did you download this from MC website? i always wait a couple days now to download less internet "traffic". i know it's a pain to do that but worth a shot you know when you're less busy ;) hth

This has been going on since X2. (probably before but that is when i started to notice it).

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1
That's great. What do you do when you have a lathe with 3 different tools in one holder????

If I needed to do that I'd create a MIsc. Int to handle that. Make it do a check, if there's a value in the MIsc. Int., then use that value for the offset. If it's 0, then it's the same as the tool.

Or even a mill with multiple offsets for one tool???

Same :censored: different smell. See above.

My favorite is when you renumber a tool and go back and it says one tool yet in the tool list it has a totally different tool highlighted as being used.

I set up tool libraries so I don't generally make those changes in my paths.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1
Why do some of you even use x6 Windows since it is buggy.

Free fiss...

I wonder why I even get out of bed, I mean :censored: I may get killed pulling out of my driveway every morning.

Just sayin'

:whistle: