Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Edit Common Parameters....

mmetzinger

I have also found that editing common paramaters doesn't always come up with the results that I'm looking for. For example when I have WCS checked under display options, and I decide to change that whole operation group to a different WCS, the name in the operation menu does not change... It does change the WCS, yet it does not change the name of it. I would have to manualy go into every operation and change the WCS in order for the name to change. Am I making sense here?

I'm running 9.1 sp1 with the latest patches, and windows is up to date also. Anybody else with the same problem?

Rob

[ 09-03-2003, 05:46 AM: Message edited by: robk ]

Hi, Rob!

Well , it makes a lot of sense .

I will say that if I select all my toolpathes in all groops and simply change type of coolant from water to off it not works every time in every toolpath !

I think that it is not so simple task regarding the fact that nci files of different type may have rather different structure .

I hope that in the near future the operation manager will have very drastic changes and this problem will be overcome . smile.gif

[ 09-03-2003, 05:58 AM: Message edited by: plasttav ]

quote:

It does change the WCS, yet it does not change the name of it. I would have to manualy go into every operation and change the WCS in order for the name to change. Am I making sense here?

I have found that it doesn't assign the WFO's either, as well as what you said about the names. Makes for a LOOOONNNNGGGGG day manually changing 54 operations with 12 clicks PER OPERATION. frown.gif

'Rekd teh my mouse had a heart attack!

Amen Rekd.

I use it to reselect tools, reselect WCS's, change feed rates for specific operations, etc. I have had it work when selecting different types operations, but I have had also NOT work in the same instant, and then work correctly on the same EXACT operations in the same EXACT file if I do a cold reboot.

At what point does it decide " I am not working now"? Very frustrating and VERY DANGEROUS! I had it yesterday show that I had changed tools in some operations that I had chosen, but when I went inside the operation, THE TOOL # WAS NOT THE SAME INSDIE THE OPERATION AS IT SAID IT WAS IN THE OPS MANAGER! Wow, it sucked to say the least. To get used to using what could be such a useful tool to wondering why the f*^# this feature is even here if it is not only going to NOT work, but could cause my machine and my part to become great conversaiton pieces at the Christmas party.

"Hey remember that day that metzinger put the 1" spade drill through the table at the rapid feed rate...."

I can hear it now.

So, I will go back to the old click, click, click method. Yes, very longggggggggggggggggg days indeed.

Oh well

[ 09-03-2003, 10:18 AM: Message edited by: mmetzinger ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

I have found that it doesn't assign the WFO's either, as well as what you said about the names. Makes for a LOOOONNNNGGGGG day manually changing 54 operations with 12 clicks PER OPERATION.

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Yeah, I had to do this last week with a file that had over 180 operations. Needless to say [email protected] got an earful, or eyeful for that matter. I was not happy, and I was not kind either. No reply yet. Guess I should not expect one either. A "Sorry about that" woudl be cool though.

OUT!

Come on guys!

Isn't a little gambling each day good for the soul.

Lets see, you select a bunch of ops, right click, look at the words "edit common parameters", gee, do I feel lucky today, should I make a place bet or take ods on the 5 (thats 3 to 2 ods) screw it, roll, yell "fever", then 7 out, I guess Ill edit 16 ops one at a time. In Reno we say, "guess I'll find the nickel slots. frown.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...what's more important SP2 or X ?????...

Whichever one has the best chance of being stable and working gets my vote. But to keep the wheels turning "X" needs to rear it's head pretty soon.

JM2C

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I almost always keep my gripes between myself and QC but this one I just could not. It's just soo irritating. I have parts that routinely have over 50 ops and.... my poor mouse...

Hi everyone.

My observation is that, when using Edit Common Parameters, the parameters shown for editing are those for the operation currently shown in the Operations Manager in bold-face type.

This is true regardless of whether or not the selected operations are of the same type, or whether or not the bold-face operation is chosen for editing as well.

This presents a serious limitation if the bold-face operation is a drill cycle and the operations chosen for editing are all pocket cycles.

I have not been able to figure out what is signified by the bold-facing of the bold-faced operation. (is it the "active" operation, just like the bold-faced operation group is the "active" group?) Nor have I found a way to change which operation is bold-faced.

I've reliably used Edit Common Parameters to change the program number for the operations.

(I know...big whoop!)

But that leads to another mystery: why must the toolpaths be regenerated after changing the program number?

- Jesse