Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam X8 Public Beta 1

Fully understand Tyler and I really don't/didn't want to rock the boat.

But there's a great bunch of people/help here and a ton of info.

So now people have to go to 2x sites now and post questions on both to see what is the best answer? - it's just messy imo.

But as I said, not wanting to boat rock...

chicken?

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

Thanks Ron.

Shoot an email to qc requesting it. Maybe if enough of us let them know how much we think the decision process used to not allow that functionality so many users have been using and seen as a mile stone of accomplish for the software disagree with that idea they will put it back like it was. :laughing::turned::geek:

Hey... is anyone getting this with X8 when trying to Verify? everything seems to work fine except I can't seem to get in to the verifyer... I keep getting this message and I don't know how to fix it.

Is someone getting this aswell? and if so, how can I fix it so that I can get in to the verifyer.

Is there a way to reset mastercam to it's all original settings? I changed few settings that I've always have in the past - should'nt be a big deal but maybe will get past this?

Ruben,

How do I work out the Nethasp not able to link issue?

Oppiz,

Is mastercam able to run on the machine your are trying to launch the linker on? If so maybe you can send us your mastercam.ini file to review as there might be some clues in there. Have you tried to run the linker on another machine? If the machine can launch Mastercam then the linker should work. I'll look into this some more.

Seems like my screen shot might of not posted but here is the message I get from X8...

'Unable to estimate stock extents. Please use Stock Setup.'

Ruben,

Ruben,

Try resetting your stock extents every time you go in and see if that works? I believe we are chasing down an issue where the stock extents are not being saved correctly in some cases. So if you set them, go in to simulator everything is fine. Come out and try to go back in and no go.

I'll run this by the Simulator team to see if they have any other suggestions.

Jim

I've tryed setting my stock in every way possible... restarted mastercam manny times. Reboot, and even un-installed X8 and re-installed it back, but still nothing. I keep getting the same message.

At first when I installed X8 for the first time, it seemed to work fine but now I can't get it to work! :o(

Ruben,

Oppiz,

Is mastercam able to run on the machine your are trying to launch the linker on? If so maybe you can send us your mastercam.ini file to review as there might be some clues in there. Have you tried to run the linker on another machine? If the machine can launch Mastercam then the linker should work. I'll look into this some more.

Thanks for replying Jim,

Mastercam is running on the machine I'm trying to launch linker in. I can send mastercam.ini to you. What folder is it in?

I've tryed setting my stock in every way possible... restarted mastercam manny times. Reboot, and even un-installed X8 and re-installed it back, but still nothing. I keep getting the same message.

At first when I installed X8 for the first time, it seemed to work fine but now I can't get it to work! :o(

Ruben,

Thanks Rubben. Does it happen on every part or only a specific part? Can you send us the part file? If so send it to [email protected].

Yeah... it happens on any program. I've even started from scratch on a simple square wireframe with just a contour toolpath and nothing. Same message comes up (just can't get in to the verifyer).

I'll send you a file to your qc web-site....

Thanks for your support and quick response Jim,

Ruben,

Hey Jim... I've just send you the e-mail with the sample program (X8_File) and a .zip2go File.

E-mailed to: [email protected]

And in response to your question... Yes, I did define my stock on the Verify Settings. I tried many different definitions of stock like using a Solid, Box and Sock Model. Still nothing!

Ruben,

Why would you want to move it???

Stupid Keith........

:lol:

In meh best Murlin voice.....

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

More Graphics area!

Never enough graphics area and they took some away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!