Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam X8 Public Beta 1

I am also having trouble. Had to create a NEW account for the new site, then when I tried to log in I got this.

Your account is not authorized to access the Mastercam Forums. This is a premium feature for Mastercam customers. Please contact your reseller.

Then this,

Warning!

It looks like you may have been redirected to the login page because you do not have the required access.

You can try to log in as a different user with the correct credentials in the form below or click the back button to return.

I am current with the maint. and have hasp on my computer. Why is this such a pain?

I just went to the beta site and logged in (ok).

None of our pc's here at work are on the net - I put the USB mcam dongle into this pc, let it instal ok and then ran the link and got the attached.

Jim - I'll PM you.

:cheers:

How did you fix this? I have the same problem.

If you computer that runs MAstercam is not connected to the internet, then copy the linking code that you generate to a text file and bring that text file to a machine that is connected to the internet. Login to cnc.mastercam.com and it should bring your to the linking page, copy the code from the text file into the dialog and you should be fine.

The linking program MUST be copied to the main Mastercam install folder and run from there. Mastercam X7 is ideal to do this from. If you do not have X7, then you also need the CodeMeter program installed before running the linking code. You can download CodeMeter and the linking code here if need be: http://cnc.mastercam.com/en-us/Support-Downloads-Drivers-and-Applets

If you are still having problems please email us at [email protected]

Just a side note, I went back to X7 because of the graphics issues and noticed that installing X8 updated my X7 custom tool database instead of creating a new one for X8, so now I can't use it in X7.

A backup of the original was created prior to updating it to X8. If you rename the backup from *.tooldbX7v14 to *.tooldb and you'll be able to use it in X7.

If you computer that runs MAstercam is not connected to the internet, then copy the linking code that you generate to a text file and bring that text file to a machine that is connected to the internet. Login to cnc.mastercam.com and it should bring your to the linking page, copy the code from the text file into the dialog and you should be fine.

The linking program MUST be copied to the main Mastercam install folder and run from there. Mastercam X7 is ideal to do this from. If you do not have X7, then you also need the CodeMeter program installed before running the linking code. You can download CodeMeter and the linking code here if need be: http://cnc.mastercam...ers-and-Applets

If you are still having problems please email us at [email protected]

Thanks Jim, Codemeter fixed my problem, and now I have been able to link my account and login.

Anyone used the new Holder clearance, with multi axis tilt away function in the highspeed toolpaths ? It's not available for me , is greyed out, only the standard gouge checking is available. I have a multiaxis machine and post selected. Any ideas ?

Anyone used the new Holder clearance, with multi axis tilt away function in the highspeed toolpaths ? It's not available for me , is greyed out, only the standard gouge checking is available. I have a multiaxis machine and post selected. Any ideas ?

do you have a multi axis license ?

Our maintenance package expired. I'd like to use x8 and see the what's new files before we consider upgrading. This is a smaller company, and I can make x7 do everything we need. I'll have to pitch the upgrade if it's going to fly.

(Just to give you an idea, we upgraded from x2 to x7 when I got here, and that was only because I convinced them to build a new machine that was 64bit)

Our maintenance package expired. I'd like to use x8 and see the what's new files before we consider upgrading. This is a smaller company, and I can make x7 do everything we need. I'll have to pitch the upgrade if it's going to fly.

(Just to give you an idea, we upgraded from x2 to x7 when I got here, and that was only because I convinced them to build a new machine that was 64bit)

Talk to your dealer and see what they can do to help you get temp codes once it is released. Sometimes there are specials to get current before a release come out.