Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam X8 Public Beta 1

Yes - it appears cnc let anyone do it :harhar:

That said, I've not really touched it in 3+ months as we've been so stacked out with new work.

Ah, nice. I had no idea you had made it onto the team.

CNC don't let just anyone do it, I can assure you.... :)

you can import your RMB and keymap files from Customize

It's clear that a lot of work has gone into the new migration utility.

I used it to import my X7 config file (only) and it worked well.

As far as I know, there is no way to bring in your old toolbar files.

I'm thinking they are not compatible with the new workspace format

you can import your RMB and keymap files from Customize

It's clear that a lot of work has gone into the new migration utility.

I used it to import my X7 config file (only) and it worked well.

As far as I know, there is no way to bring in your old toolbar files.

I'm thinking they are not compatible with the new workspace format

You're correct on all accounts here.

All,

We are struggling to keep up with multiple forums and media streams so please, please use the Mastercam forum to post your issues and questions. There is also a non maintenance section to post in if you are having issue getting your account linked so you can still get our attention. You can also email [email protected] if you need some assistance.

You must create an account on the new forum and then link your newly created account with your SIM to complete registration and then be able to access the public beta downloads. Once you create your account and verify it you will get prompted with a dialog that gives you a link to download the linker - it is an exe so depending on your settings it might get trapped. If so we can send you a ZIP file all you need to do is email [email protected]. the account linker is also available at: https://cnc.mastercam.com/en-us/Support-Downloads-Drivers-and-Applets. Once your account is linked access to the downloads should be granted.

Remember to read the What's new and Readme files found in the documentation folder upon installing X8.

We look forward to hearing what you think.

All,

We are struggling to keep up with multiple forums and media streams so please, please use the Mastercam forum to post your issues and questions. There is also a non maintenance section to post in if you are having issue getting your account linked so you can still get our attention. You can also email [email protected] if you need some assistance.

You must create an account on the new forum and then link your newly created account with your SIM to complete registration and then be able to access the public beta downloads. Once you create your account and verify it you will get prompted with a dialog that gives you a link to download the linker - it is an exe so depending on your settings it might get trapped. If so we can send you a ZIP file all you need to do is email [email protected]. the account linker is also available at: https://cnc.masterca...ers-and-Applets. Once your account is linked access to the downloads should be granted.

Remember to read the What's new and Readme files found in the documentation folder upon installing X8.

We look forward to hearing what you think.

Jim, It would have been a whole lot easier if CNC had 'taken over' this forum.

Everyone knows here and everyone comes here.

Too late now but just saying.

Jim, It would have been a whole lot easier if CNC had 'taken over' this forum.

Everyone knows here and everyone comes here.

Too late now but just saying.

much easier said than done - would be less of a forum migration and more of a business merger.. a lot of our training manuals etc. are sold through this site using the same account system, as well as file hosting for samples/tutorials. Also probably not up to Jim, myself, webby, daniel etc.

much easier said than done - would be less of a forum migration and more of a business merger.. a lot of our training manuals etc. are sold through this site using the same account system, as well as file hosting for samples/tutorials. Also probably not up to Jim, myself, webby, daniel etc.

Fully understand Tyler and I really don't/didn't want to rock the boat.

But there's a great bunch of people/help here and a ton of info.

So now people have to go to 2x sites now and post questions on both to see what is the best answer? - it's just messy imo.

But as I said, not wanting to boat rock...