Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

mastercam courses

petro7

Hello Petro7,

The way the material is covered closely resembles how In-House Solutions delivers their Training Tutorials.  You can expect the same quality that is entailed in the print books to translate to the online material.  The eCourses do not expire, so once you complete it, you can "re-take" the course whenever you would like.  On top of this, you will receive a Certificate of Completion indicating that you have gone through all the material.

With that being said, Individuals enjoy purchasing the Mill Level 1 eCourse to review 2D machining and obtaining a certificate indicating completion.  If you feel as though you have a strong 2D base, I would recommend purchasing the Mill Level 3 course.

If you have any specific questions pertaining to the material, you can give us a call at In-House Solutions!  

been programming using mastercam for about 10 years, and about 2 years ago I opened a level 1

book just to check it out ,and picked up a few things. always learning something new

Biggest reason why I am so active in the forums. I learn so much by helping others. It also keeps me fresh on things I take for granted or do just because I always have.

• Like 6
  • 4 months later...

I'm taking the Level 1 Mill course right now. I purchased all X8 courses. Cost me a little over $1200 Canadian.  I will comment on them all as I will complete all of them thoroughly. In a nut shell the courses are identical to the corresponding training manuals. You could just purchase the training manuals and you will have exactly the same thing for a fraction of the cost. However purchasing the e-course gives you the certificate upon completion. This i guess would be the only reason why someone would pay the premium mark-up for the course. This is the only reason I paid $1200 for them. So my expectations will be high when it comes time to receive the certificate.

The manuals come with the course as PDF files but are encrypted. This means that the manual needs to be unlocked when you use it. It requires you to enter your user name an password to unlock them. (I believe the unlocking requires that you have internet connection as it connects to emastercam.com to verify user name and password.)  Adobe will give you the option of saving the password so it will unlock automatically the next time you open the file but it doesn't seem to work on my computer which is running windows 7. On windows 8.1 it seems to be working flawlessly. 

I except a nice looking certificate which looks legitimate. I will comment on the certificate when I finish Mill Level 1.

• 2 weeks later...

I just completed the Mill Level 1 Course. Upon completion you can print the Certificate right away. I like what I received. It looks professional and authentic. I can only recommend that it is printed on a high quality colour printer and on card paper to ensure you get the maximum effect. I do not have a high quality printer therefore I will have to pay to get it printed. The certificate could have made reference to a unique certificate number to add to it's robustness however it does have the Mastercam Logo so regardless it will be recognized as legitimate within the industry.

I very impressed with the content of the course as well as the certificate. It was definitely worth the money. I look forward to taking the rest of the e-courses.

So to wrap it up...If you are looking to learn Mastercam and need something to show for it at the end which will be need to be recognized by the industry. Paying for the e-course will get you there.

Great job guys.

• Like 1

Do employers care about certificates? I don't think anyone I've worked for ever did. They don't even care about a journeyman's card. Quite honestly, having a journeyman's card has kinda labeled one as a slug.

What have you guys experienced?

Do employers care about certificates? I don't think anyone I've worked for ever did. They don't even care about a journeyman's card. Quite honestly, having a journeyman's card has kinda labeled one as a slug.

When I completed my fitter and turner apprenticeship many years ago in the UK and I was classified as a skilled machinist as opposed to a semi-skilled (Did the 4 years but failed the exams) or unskilled (No school but hands on training) you had to have the certificate on hand for any job interview as well as any other certification because your pay rate depended on it.

Edit:

Added proof ;)

Original apprenticeship contract with the employer, Laurence Scott and Electro Motors Ltd., right out of high school at the ripe old age of 16 and three certificates at the end of the 4 year apprenticeship.

post-4901-0-44963200-1434543972_thumb.jpg

post-4901-0-13782400-1434543977_thumb.jpg

post-4901-0-96669900-1434543982_thumb.jpg

post-4901-0-09206000-1434543989_thumb.jpg

post-4901-0-44255400-1434543994_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mick from CNC Software Inc.

I have always felt that what you know may get you the job but what you CAN DO is what will keep your job. You can have all the paper certificates in the world and still be useless IMHO.

I agree, I have worked with a few "unskilled" machinists that were very good but because they didn't have the paper work they got paid less than a "skilled" machinist.

Whats more believable...

1. I know MasterCam

2. I know MasterCam and have a certificate saying I've completed this course and passed a test.

I know which one I would interview, which is what that piece of paper is supposed to do...get you the interview. After that its on you.

• Like 1

I have always felt that what you know may get you the job but what you CAN DO is what will keep your job. You can have all the paper certificates in the world and still be useless IMHO.

I agree, I have worked with a few "unskilled" machinists that were very good but because they didn't have the paper work they got paid less than a "skilled" machinist.

I have zero certificates and do very well. I have worked at 9 shops in 22 years and none of the 9 shops cared about certifications only if you can get the job done. I've herd from many shops that they can't find anyone from the trade schools that make past probation cause they don't have any skills.

I completed a 4 year apprenticeship that was certified through the department of labor. I think I only ever interviewed for one or two jobs where they were interested in seeing my 'papers'. I also did the Mastercam mill 1 course at the resellers place where they did training. It was a one week course and I got a certificate, but again, not too many employers care from my experience.

Whats more believable...

1. I know MasterCam

2. I know MasterCam and have a certificate saying I've completed this course and passed a test.

I know which one I would interview, which is what that piece of paper is supposed to do...get you the interview. After that its on you.

The thing is, you're not limited to only interviewing one guy for the job. You call them both in (along with the other 5 guys who have MC experience) and let them demonstrate what they know about MC.

I see adds for programmers requiring a BA all the time.

They usually have a "or equivalent experience" clause because degreed

programmers are pretty rare.

The guy with the BA will usually get the nod though, even if his experience

can't hold a candle to his un-degreed rival

Ok, Ok, I see where this went.......I agree having 22 years experience by far takes the cake however think of certificates as ammunition which you bring to the table in an interview. I can talk till I'm blue in the face. But think about talking till your blue in the face and in the meantime slamming certificate after certificate on the table. Basically the certificate is like certifying what you say. 

The idea is to walk into an interview with the most amount of ammunition you can bring regardless of the company. By far experience is the best ammunition but the idea is to get the job so the more ammunition you bring to the table the better your chances. 

So basically If I have 22 years experience and I want to touch up my skills because I've used Hypermill for a long period of time and now I need to re-learn Mastercam X8 or X9 because I changed companies then no, paying the premium for the online course may not have been the most economical choice.... but If you are staring from scratch and will need to convince someone to give you a chance the certificate will definitely work in you favor. It might not land you a pay rate the same as the guy who has 22 years experience without any certificate, but it might help you get a seat. What you do when your in that seat is entirely up to you.

But this is all just common sense.