Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How to get a G98 to post

StoneyNH

Im using a post that was made for the HAAS machine.Its the only one I can find.If I could find the HAAS generic post I could compare the 2 to see whats different.Do you know where I could find the HAAS generic post?

And do you know how to use file compare to find the difference?

You might want to check these 2 lines in your post (they are from the generic Haas post):

sg98    : "G98"      #Reference at initht

sg99    : "G99"      #Reference at refht     

sgdrlref : ""        #Target string

HTH,

When I try to lookup my posts,Im opening Files in my toolpath manager,clicking on edit in machine section,the only post in Post-processor is my MPHAAS_rev4.PST.Shouldnt I be able to find the generic HAAS post in there as well?

How do I open my post to see whats in it? I cant figure that one out.

Are you using the same values for your retract height and clearance height?

If both are set to absolute and both are set at .1 for example then you could get a G99.

Set the Clearance at .1 and Retract at .05 and you will get a G98.

This stuff is post dependent, so some will behave different than others.

Want to thank everyone that chimed in & had something to say.I gathered enough information to relate to my IT guy, to explain what I was trying to do.He found the post & modified it so it does what I want it to.Now I can post G98's without having to edit them manually.It was everybodys comments that helped get it done.-THANX-

• 2 weeks later...

If your running it on a Haas, our Haas's automatically use G98, and the previous programmer never used G98 or G99.  So I found out the hard way when I ran a job using G99, the machine Kept it, and when the operator ran the next job that didn't specify G98 it didn't jump when it normally would........I take them all out of my programs now.

If your running it on a Haas, our Haas's automatically use G98, and the previous programmer never used G98 or G99.  So I found out the hard way when I ran a job using G99, the machine Kept it, and when the operator ran the next job that didn't specify G98 it didn't jump when it normally would........I take them all out of my programs now.

On a Haas, and many other controls, G98 and G99 are modal, so they will stay active until you power the machine down OR command otherwise.

It's good practice to ALWAYS add G99 or G98 to any canned cycle call. Leave nothing to chance...