Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Don't you just wanna choke somebody when....

Nominal

Running "standard" cavity plates. Same program for the past 4 yrs. A couple of days ago the operator tells me the pocket is .05 out of location. What happened? The operator tells me he does not know. I ask him if he made any hand edits. His answer is no. I compare his file with my backed up file, and sure as hell there was hand editing done on the same day he ran the program mad.gif

Admit to your mistake and don't waste my time.

Rob

Trevor - I e-mailed Jimmy a couple of days ago,They didnt give MC a fair shot they had it thier head Cimitron was they way to go, But hey Im the new guy.E-mail me I would like to meet up with you sometime.

Things are alright - Busy, I spend alot of time

designing Solidworks 2004 is great, Surfcam sucks,

and soon to learn cimitron.I miss Mastercam alot,

I still check out the forum a few times a week, but not using the latest version or not really at all for a couple months now I am not much technical help, but can offer O/T opinions. I am glad to see the forum population has skyrocketed

When I get back behind a seat of MC I am glad to know youll all still be here.

Thanks for asking

Hello to all my forum friends.

hows this one,

been working on a job since last friday. working from a solid only no print. good sized parts 50x50x25. after 2 of 5 are complete on the first opperation, today I get an email

quote:

Here is an updated parasolid that you are currently working on,please contact us

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

happens here all the time. I sure love the compare option. Of course the guys on the floor always claim I changed the main program after they received the junk one. I guess thats why my boss always says "to be a programmer you have to have broad shoulders" lucky for me he is a ex programmer

Nominal this JUST happened to me and my fingers are still aching from the desire to f-ing strangle the guy. We've run 100's of a certain [very fussy] part and a different operator was put on the machine this time so I have to listen to how screwed up the program is, how I'm going about it all wrong, nothing's coming out right...

Even the other operator in the cell is saying "just push the friggin button and shut up"

WTF?

I've got plenty of real problems to deal with; you don't need to invent any.

C

[ 11-13-2003, 10:16 AM: Message edited by: chris m ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

"I think there's something wrong with this program"

Next time somebody says that to me, I'm going to whip out a $20 and put it on my desk, I'll tell them to do likewise. If I'm right I keep their $20, If I'm wrong they keep my $20. Fortunately for me I've setup and run all of the part I've programmed long before any of them have even seen it. Heh, heh, heh.

James teh "Taking candy from babies"

I like it when they tell you that the program you just ran last week fine is now messed up in the same machine and everything then I calmly ask if they have calibrated the machine and they look at the ground. End result someone crashed machine and knocked it out of whack put it to zero the friggin thing works fine like it is supposed too follow procedrue people.

Fallguy ring a bell?

It's easier to blame someone else

we got a guy walk'in around tellin everyone my co-pro is written 10 cent programes. all fruped up.

We nailed his arse to the wall. dumb twit didnt know about a thing called file compare biggrin.gif

we found 2 changes. 1 was an RPM and the other was a tool number. he was feelin pretty proud for a while till we shoved his 10 cent prg out the chip conveyor.