Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T who's working today

mayday

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1 on G-code Kathy. It looks like I will be here till tommorrow about 9:oo pm man I hate these freaking contract pentalities. I just love sale guys being able to tell customers when they can have thier part. Me and thge sales guys are going to go round to round so some reason I can see it coming mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif . I have 8 jobs farmed out and have 20 more that everyone wants by Christmas about 1000 hours of work WTF there is only 3 of us here and 6 machines. Oh yeah sorry to my owners but I been telling you for about 9 months now when my kid is born I am taking off a week and dont call me I will call you. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif Yeah one made the remark just have your wife call you when she is having it go there catch the baby and come back to work. Yeah you mean !@@# %# $%@# $@# %@# @#%#@$%#$^%#$^%#!^$$%!#$^%^%!#!#$ and that is all I got to say about that.

Crazy Millman

[ 11-23-2003, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: Millman^Crazy ]

Then Damn knoms there all fired then!!!!!

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Still at it but about to go home got a 11 hour run time on this next mold half so be back in the an may sleep in till about 8:00am.

Crazy Millman

Well I just sat here and did the math I have worked 110 hours since last Saturday so that means I made less than $10.00 hr this week. Kind of WTF is that.

[ 11-24-2003, 01:29 AM: Message edited by: Millman^Crazy ]

Morning guys and Kathy,

My hat is off to you and I am impressed by your dedication to your employers. I hope they know what they have in you. I am at a point in my life where I do everything I can not to work extra hours. Life is too short for me to spend all my time working when I have my wife and kids who want my time as well.

Millman.

Stick to your guns when the baby arrives. You can always go into work, but your baby is a new born only once. My first newborn has just turned 16 and I only wish I could trade some of the overtime I did when he was young, for an evening at the movies, a morning on the deer stand, or a good day's fishing with him now.

Cheers to you all for your dedication. cheers.gif

Phil

Oh Ya.

Chris, how was your weekend? J/K.

I hope you take all of the next one off and drive up to Vermont to a bed and breakfast with your wife.

[ 11-24-2003, 11:02 AM: Message edited by: PhilCott ]

quote:

Chris - are you having a good monday?

I don't have good Anydays

Running a machine 7 days a week for about 1-1/2 weeks just allows me to see how bad the guys in our shop are screwing off. The Plant Manager always laughs when I tell him he could pick up 15% on efficiency free of charge; just make the guys actually work.

Now I'm thinking 20% would be no problem.

Left a guy running my machine last night; program's actual run time 7:16, with load and unload about 8 minutes MAX, he averaged 10 minutes per piece: WTF?

I love guys that wait for the cycle to end before they go to the head or to grab a drink; the machine's not going anywhere clownboy, push the button and THEN do what you wanna do.

AAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhh!

Ahh, now I feel a little better

C

Chris,

Please don't get me going here...

I have told our president the same thing.

He told me that he know that he cant get 100% outta people so he is fine settling for 70%. mad.gif

I gave up on the issue.

BTW,I was at your place on a Saturday,remember?

Your guys were actually working.

You should come to my place.

You'll laugh your a$$ off.

It is embarresing. rolleyes.gif

quote:

Left a guy running my machine last night; program's actual run time 7:16, with load and unload about 8 minutes MAX, he averaged 10 minutes per piece: WTF?

Hey Chris

I've got a few guys that could easily average 15-18 minutes on that cycle.

cheers.gif Noel

If Millman could get his gnomes inline we could get rid of the slackers. Need to send them to a customer of mine. I was there when he was interviewing someone for a job. "No, we just need someone partime 40-50 hrs a week".

Have you noticed that the slackers that are driving the labor cost of a prt up are also the most boisterous bout china taking over?

Jimmy

Jimmy I just called to local Rep for the knoms and he informed me that I worked harder than they did and they were on strike since I wanted them to actully put in a full nights work. I needless to say have problay have made the ownership mad today cause guess what I took off. I got out of there about 2:30 last night and my wife has a doctor visit a 1:00 today so I put my family first today had all I needed done so let one of them have to pick up a little slack today. I of course still got stuff sent to my email to review cuase noone can make a decision without clearing it by me first WTF. Oh well still in the wait and see mode with her contractions they say we can go 2 more weeks. Just as long as she is healty all is good.

Crazy Millman

[ 11-25-2003, 10:23 PM: Message edited by: Millman^Crazy ]

We're bbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccck!

Freight company 'guarantees' that our product will reach the destination [in Japan] by close-of-business Friday if they pick it up before 12:00 noon Tuesday. How the hell they're gonna do that I have no idea, but the product has to be tested, final inspected, packed, and loaded in the containers by Monday night. So far things are going OK; got a load coming in from the painters in about an hour, if they f_ed it up I'm going down there with a baseball bat and bail money.

Happy post-Turkey Day

C

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I'm in today for a few hours. Just to bring the cell back up, clean my desk, defrag my HDD's and a couple of other assorted tasks, then I'm off to watch Brian (The 8 year old) play Baseball in a weekend tourney.