Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T who's working today

mayday

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We worked 8 hours today which brought it to a total of 63 hours. That's been the schedule for the past 5 weeks. Next week we're going back to 58. We have Thanksgiving and the day after off, but we'll be back in on Sat. rolleyes.gif

This week we were informed that there would be some hot jobs coming in the week of Christmas. I guess there are three guarantees in life...death, taxes, and hot jobs during the holidays. mad.gif

Thad

quote:

Jimmy teh "Why is your typing slurred?"

Would that also be 'Jimmy teh logged on with my other user name' ?

James Wakeford - Posts/Tech Support

Nicknames: Jimmy, Jim (Miss Sue only), Barefoot, Bubba, Th'Man Sockless-Jimmy-Joe, Geeterhead, Hillbilly, Jim Bob, Jimmy-Joe-Bob

rolleyes.gif

C

[ 11-22-2003, 04:12 PM: Message edited by: chris m ]

Chris,

Sockless-Jimmy-Joe is a name that was given to me in the mountains. They still use it up there along with some of the teams, but noone else calls me that. Most people call me Bubba, But on the forum I go by Jimmy. (How would you feel if everyone in the country knew your MC dealer in the carolinas was Bubba? I can just hear the redneck jokes. If you bought your Mc from a guy named Bubba, you might be a redneck.)

Jimmy teh Barefoot MC dealer.

Jimmy

I worked today also.

Been busy here too,but a lot of 1 off "test pcs."

for GE turbines.

Been programming my butt off. biggrin.gif

Hey Chris,maybe someday soon we'll get to talk longer than all but 3 minutes! biggrin.gif

And try to spend a little more time with your family before they forget ya. eek.gif

Glad to hear most everyone is Busy.

It is great to be making $Money$ again. smile.gif

Hopefully all will get great Xmas bonuses for hard work paid off. cheers.gif

Sorry for double post....

Don't know how that happened?? rolleyes.gif

[ 11-22-2003, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: BUCKET HEAD ]

Well I am back hgere at again today been 42 hours in the last 3 days had about 7 hours sleep in those last 3 days xxxx is dragging real bad.

Crazy Millman starting to see little knoms coming out of the wood work to do the work for me I see them picking up that 300 lb block and moving it for me and aligning it for the next operation I am sure glad I got them knoms cuase you know them owners dont want to be bothered.

quote:

Well I am back hgere at again today been 42 hours in the last 3 days had about 7 hours sleep in those last 3 days xxxx is dragging real bad.

Millman,

It's one thing to be dedicated to your employer but for God's sake, be careful. This is a good way to hurt yourself. Some things are more important than a job...like your health!

Take care and be safe,

Thad

quote:

Millman,

It's one thing to be dedicated to your employer but for God's sake, be careful. This is a good way to hurt yourself. Some things are more important than a job...like your health!

Take care and be safe,

Thad

Got that right. I spent too many years working

way too many hours and I believe the best part

is I now take medication everyday for anxiety.

Its not worth it. Sacrifice the $$$ and give the

time to your family.

PEACE biggrin.gif

im here this evening, been up since 5:30 when my son decided he was hungry .the half asleep till 7a.m. been building a shed at home during daylight hours and building a paycheck during dark biggrin.gif . had over 60 hours when i went home friday evening,pobly be here till at least 3 a.m.

hate when you get a job at 4 in the afternoon on friday and they say we need to burn this by sunday so we can sip on monday mad.gif

trevor

apperciate the concern guys but this is kinda of one of those make or break a compnay deal we are doing if it works we have found a way to move ahead of all the competion in what we do if we fail then we are still in the rat race. I have talked to several guys last week and think I got good ones to hire so that will help alot but it look like I will be moving the last guy I hired up to doing some programming he is exicted to have the chance and I am more than willing to give it to him. I got a week coming after the baby is born and I got 11 days at christmas off so will make the most of them best believe that. Hey if were not for you guys I problay would be asleep at my desk. J/K I am fine done alot harder and longer times than this just not as young as I use to be. Well I keep checking in with you guys so you know I didnt fall in a machine. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Again just kidding coem on guys lighten up it Saturday you shoudl all be drinking beer and chasing your wifes around the house if not get to it and that is an order. biggrin.gif

Crazy Millman

qoute:

Again just kidding coem on guys lighten up it Saturday you shoudl all be drinking beer and chasing your wifes around the house if not get to it and that is an order.

ive been busy as hell at work just when the wife says time to start working on baby number 2 biggrin.gif

trevor

Man some of you guys are working studs. I thought i was busy but not so sure anymore. Well i'm on the way out the door hunting. Back in later and it will be making detail prints rest of day. Ya no design is done and the boring stuff begins. But anyway my hats are off to all of you. Gary teh impressed. eek.gif

Yeah I slpet in just got here timed it perfect machine is on it last 20 minute operation. I like it wen I get those 10 hour run time and can go home get soem sleep come back and it is still running. Got my breakfest and a post a little here do some programming for the other side and be out of here in about 3 or 4 hours came back this envening about 8:00pm get out of here about 11:00pm and be back at 6:00 am.

Crazy Millman

Me Toooooo!! I'm swampted!

What I didn't tell you all - I moved 'upstairs' out of the machine shop office and am now sitting with the rest of my 'design group'.

A month ago I was in Santa Ana for a week of Catia IV training ( biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif ), and I'm now sitting at a desk with two, yes count them, two computers. My PC and the RS6000. Haven't spent too much time on the Catia as yet, still Mastercam'ing and will probably be doing so for some time.

It's a nicer environment, and I have wanted to be more challanged for quite some time.

Kathy

cool.gif

... playing the George Jefferson music ... moving on up ....