Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Verify horrible quality & time

So not a Guru

Can anyone recommend what I need in order to be able to see my parts accurately & have good resolution in verify? I have 48GB of DDR3 RAM on my motherboard & a Quadro K2200 with 4GB of DDR5 on the card. But I have a large (75" x 5" x 4.5") part that takes 10 minutes or more to open in verify, and then every step turns the part into a foggy mess, then I have to wait another 3 to 10 minutes for it to clear up before repeating.

I have a leftover path that has scrapped 3 parts, because I can't determine how it is gouging the part, so that I can get the parameters where they need to be.

Is there some better card that is proven to fix this?

Thanks

Zeke

I never use leftover anymore... not a good toolpath, IMHO.

I use Rest Rough with stock model.

But to answer your question... when you're in verify, zoom in on the area you want to see... then click the verify tab at the top and use "Accurate Zoom."

I never use leftover anymore... not a good toolpath, IMHO.

I use Rest Rough with stock model.

But to answer your question... when you're in verify, zoom in on the area you want to see... then click the verify tab at the top and use "Accurate Zoom."

When I go to accurate zoom, I still have to wait for a few minutes til the screen resolves to the view. Then I can't step thru the path until I reset the zoom, which entails more waiting for multiple minutes. What I really wanted to know what video card will give the best performance.

What I really wanted to know what video card will give the best performance.

Nvidea K4000 has my vote for above average overall performance... coming in at under $700, it's a pretty good value too.

If you can afford it, get the K5000 but the price gets pretty steep for this one.

Just be sure to get the "K" 4000 or 5000... the K stands for Kepler technology and it is worth the extra $

• Like 2

When I go to accurate zoom, I still have to wait for a few minutes til the screen resolves to the view. Then I can't step thru the path until I reset the zoom, which entails more waiting for multiple minutes. What I really wanted to know what video card will give the best performance.

I run a Xeon 3.6ghz proc, 12gb of ram, an ssd and a quadro 4000. Quality and speed are still bad and its even worse in X9. I just refuse to go recommend anything else to my boss to try and fix it because I really dont think there is anything to make it faster. I just deal with it and file down my "accurate zoom, reset zoom" trigger finger when the callouses build up.

• Like 1

I run a Xeon 3.6ghz proc, 12gb of ram, an ssd and a quadro 4000. Quality and speed are still bad and its even worse in X9. I just refuse to go recommend anything else to my boss to try and fix it because I really dont think there is anything to make it faster. I just deal with it and file down my "accurate zoom, reset zoom" trigger finger when the callouses build up.

I had a Quadro 4000... download a temperature monitor and watch that thing run at 80+ deg Celsius all day... and when it gets too hot, it slows down so as to not overheat!!!

Google it... those cards have heat problems.

Get the Quadro K4000... the Kepler technology makes a HUGE difference!

Nvidea K4000 has my vote for above average overall performance... coming in at under $700, it's a pretty good value too.

If you can afford it, get the K5000 but the price gets pretty steep for this one.

Just be sure to get the "K" 4000 or 5000... the K stands for Kepler technology and it is worth the extra $Tae

The K4000 is what I've been looking at too. The K5000 is almost $1700 and I'd be willing to get it, but not unless I can be assured it will solve these issues.

Any one out there using this?

I kinda think your looking the wrong way. I don't think you'll ever see surface finish in verify.

I think you need to work on your path more than you video card. If it's gouging, it's the path. Start there and tweak yor lead in/out and use rest instead of left over.

I kinda think your looking the wrong way. I don't think you'll ever see surface finish in verify.

I think you need to work on your path more than you video card. If it's gouging, it's the path. Start there and tweak yor lead in/out and use rest instead of left over.

I fixed the path ok, but I probably would have caught the problem, before it went to the machine, if I had been able to run verify smoothly. I'm not blaming the poor video quality for my screw up, I'd just like to use verify to, well, verify.

I fixed the path ok, but I probably would have caught the problem, before it went to the machine, if I had been able to run verify smoothly. I'm not blaming the poor video quality for my screw up, I'd just like to use verify to, well, verify.

I have zero trouble with verify but i use back plot with instant verify very often because it's quicker and my verify runs so fast I can't catch it with it dialed all the way down.

That may help you a bit.

I had a Quadro 4000... download a temperature monitor and watch that thing run at 80+ deg Celsius all day... and when it gets too hot, it slows down so as to not overheat!!!

Google it... those cards have heat problems.

Get the Quadro K4000... the Kepler technology makes a HUGE difference!

+1

My it guy upgraded my PC last yr, I got the k4000 from the 4000, but he also put 64gig of ram. Big difference

I was working on some large models the other day and ended up breaking up my setups into different files.  I used stock models to "rough" setup one to a certain point and then did another stock model to complete the roughing.  I then used 2 other stock models for the finishing paths.  The file size gets pretty big but with only having one setup worth of tool path it wasn't the worst.  I had tool paths that were 12 hours long so breaking up the roughing and finishing into multiple stock models worked great.  This way I could verify "chunks" of tool paths at a time and then use that stock model as a starting point for the next chunk of tool paths.  I do wish my boss wasn't so damn cheap because I know a faster video card would help.  Seeing as he didn't even pay $1700 for the computer I'm using there's no way in hell he'd spend $1700 on just a graphics card.

Can anyone recommend what I need in order to be able to see my parts accurately & have good resolution in verify? I have 48GB of DDR3 RAM on my motherboard & a Quadro K2200 with 4GB of DDR5 on the card. But I have a large (75" x 5" x 4.5") part that takes 10 minutes or more to open in verify, and then every step turns the part into a foggy mess, then I have to wait another 3 to 10 minutes for it to clear up before repeating.

I have a leftover path that has scrapped 3 parts, because I can't determine how it is gouging the part, so that I can get the parameters where they need to be.

Is there some better card that is proven to fix this?

Thanks

Zeke

The solution is simple. Buy Vericut. :smoke:

• Like 2