jlw™

Pitch in your little gems that make mcam life easier

In the Bounding Box function I find it a tad frustrating that there's no "reset" button if you have been editing the bounding box extents and decide you quickly want to start again from the initial values (no... I haven't logged this as an enhancement request but I will!).  I usually select the "manual" button and reselect the geometry I am working with, or press "All shown" if I want to put a box over all the geometry on-screen.   However I discovered this week if you just set your Gview to Top, even if you are already in the Top view then it will reset the bounding box values to their original settings.

In my limited testing this seems to work best with the Top Gview; Front or Right Side gviews don't seem to reset the values.

• Like 1

Nice tip for creating control lines.  I've never thought of that.  I love learning new things.

40 minutes ago, jlw™ said:

Nice tip for creating control lines.  I've never thought of that.  I love learning new things.

I also use Fence Surface method to create the sides needed for Multiaxis roughing.

Nice.  Care to make a little video?  I could use that one too.

On 12/1/2019 at 5:43 AM, jlw™ said:

Nice.  Care to make a little video?  I could use that one too.

When I can carve out some time I will put something together.

• Like 4

On 11/2/2015 at 8:06 AM, Guest said:

Keep a bottle of your favorite liquor in your bottom desk drawer  ;)

This is my church... these are my people. ✌🏼😅

• Like 2

Something handy for Mobile users

I'm onsite alot, but not always connected to my server (via VPN). I was having issues with slow MCX opens, I realized my Recent files list was heavily populated with server locations and windows tries to populate the list until it times out and continues on with the open MCX process.

Since there is no setting in MCX to set max number of file history (I couldn't find one) I found the registry entry and modified it.

Note this will remove history for open and save as

Went from this: (2017 for reference)                                                                     to this:

image.png.100f0097c5477dbbb58898e1779aa70d.pngimage.png.216a999cad650cf176e1ee9304e82827.png

image.thumb.png.7f0c17d1ded97749e74102638545f226.png

• Like 1