Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Need help!!!

Thirteenth

quote:

ok new "alarm message". god this is getting old.

"2520 ORD 1 RS485 device absent"

"2520 ORD 2 RS485 device absent(AC)"

right....anyone?

There should be an 'Alarm and Error List' type of book or at least a chapter in the operator's manual that details what individual alarms mean and list some possible causes.

Is this a new machine at your school? It seems to me that between the machine tool representative and your Mastercam reseller you guys should've been set up better than this...

C

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

%

:1111

(MASTERCAM - V9.)

Try it with a colon in front of the program number. If that doesnt work, try :O1111 adding the O in front of the program number.

My controls require the colon otherwise mine wont communicate either.

If it does work, there is a simple post edit you can do to fix it.

Greg

Dan,

quote:

I did know they had a mc course. was it worth takeing?

No, it was not worth taking. Read more here.

In that thread, you said:

quote:

Lucky for me the other programmer here catchs on real quik and shows me alot. As he says he's a 3'd mill man and i'm just a 2'd lathe guy.

That wasn't Rich, was it? I know he ran/runs the lathe for you guys, but he ran the mills when he worked with me. In fact, he trained me.

Thad

[ 01-10-2004, 04:29 PM: Message edited by: Thad ]

Jay

Taking your program to some other shop every time you want to run a part isn't a really good long-term solution. You should have your instructor or whoever is in charge of the shop at school get with the machine tool dealer or MC dealer and get this worked out.

C

quote:

Taking your program to some other shop every time you want to run a part isn't a really good long-term solution. You should have your instructor or whoever is in charge of the shop at school get with the machine tool dealer or MC dealer and get this worked out.

+1 to Chris.

Thad

• 2 weeks later...

well, still havent got the program to run. got a local machine shop to make me 20 of the parts. Guys were really nice and helped me out some w/ the program stuff.

Learned my lesson, make sure you can do it before saying you can do it wink.gif . anyway....

Funny stuff, I took one of the mastercam lesson's in the 2d toolpath book, drew it up, posted it, and it ran just fine. milled it out and everything....i think ill try my program again tomorrow. aye, crazy machine's these days eek.gif .

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+1 to Thad's +1 and +1 to Rekd's Post count

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're really bringing your 'A' game these days Matt...

C

DANG!!!!!! Ouch!!!

Rek'd, like you need to add to your count, matter of fact, you need to about as much as I do. biggrin.gifwink.giftongue.gif

LOL!!!

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

The blood work seems OK. She just needs to go to the doctor to check the other stuff. She feels fine. Truth be told, she's probably borderline and with the changes she's made to her diet, that probably did it. We're going to Hawaii in February for our 10 year aniversary, so everything HAS to be OK. I've not had a vacation in 3 years. I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED this vacation.

How's Chance?

I hope you get it James. They going to let her Fly in the 3rd trimester James? They told us we couldn't fly. Well I hope I have just give you bad news. I am glad she is doing good. My wife just had here 6 week follow up so you know what that means biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif a happier husband.

[ 01-23-2004, 11:35 PM: Message edited by: Millman^Crazy ]

Yes, vacations are mandatory, specially for yer 10 year. We'll be celebrating our 10th in Oct. We're planning on a cruise, haven't been on one since our honeymoon.

Millman, I have one word for you...

GO HOME TO YOUR FAMILY! biggrin.gif

'Rekd teh shouldn't talk, I'll be working Saturday AND Sonday! mad.gif

Yeah Matt take your own Advice. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif (meant for this weekend my friend)

It is ok I this is what I need to be able to stay out here is on the table right now. I have our Departmenat at a point this month to do 1/4 of 2 years total work in one month so if that doesn't do the trick may be writing you back from Florida.

It is hard for me to do the Snip Snip. One of the bosses did and that was 10 months ago and still not the same so kinda like a big I don't really know right now.

[ 01-24-2004, 11:45 AM: Message edited by: Millman^Crazy ]