Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Notes on Mastercam Files

cincy k

Is there a way to add a note to a Mastercam file? Say you're working on a file and need to finish adding some small touches to the file the following day or want to leave an overview of what's going on in a file for someone else. How do you handle the communication?

Something like a Wordpad file as the first operation comes to mind. Can you attach something like that using manual entry?

Nice tip Ron, though I am wondering if there is a way to force the Verisurf note to stay open.  I tried looking through help, and got none.  We, as mentioned above have always used the drafting note inside MCX.  Standard protocol is level 10000 labeled "Program Notes" and if a new note is added the grammer orients the note front and center and saves the file so "you can't miss it" when you open the file.  Thought I would ask if anyone knew a way to keep the Verisurf note open and out front?

Also you can do toolpath --> manual entry, put your notes into the manual entry then just ghost the manual entry so it doesn't generate code.

I do this also,but most of the time I just create a note, either on it's own level or next to the model in plain sight.

How do you force a level to be visible when a file is opened?

Typically a file will always open the same way it was saved last, however when importing new files into Mastercam All levels are activated.

There is also a config setting. settings --> config --> screen page --> make main lvl always visible you can set on, and make sure the "only main level" check box is disabled.

I do what Brandon suggested. I use the create note tool. I always have at least one dedicated level and viewsheet for notes that way when I open a file I see the notes first. I also make a dedicated level to viewsheets that need it. Often different colors. I also use manual entry to to leave notes for the operator and myself so that some things are in the post as well.