Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Stand-alone Witness lines in X

timjohnson2002,

How do you use the Witness line function when dimensioning Ordinate? Doesn't the Create-Drafting-Dimension-Ordinate function automatically create witness lines? Do you Window the geometry or just start off with the Base point? I'm just asking to see if there may be an easier way to show you. HTH cheers.gif

Ken is trying to make the next version simpler and less cumbersome. If there is a function which is unnecessary because it can be done faster and better, than it makes his job, and ours, easier. biggrin.gif The info on this forum is one of the many reasons Mastercam is so great. This forum is not only the best place for tech info, it's also read by the developers of the software. This means that the user feedback is about as direct and immediate as you'll get with any software product. biggrin.gif

Kinda of a little o/t here - but -

Could you make a way to have entities visable, but not pickable? And to toggle that attribute on and off? (Pick/NoPick)

And maybe the reverse of Hide - a Show/NoShow ??

Kathy

teh Catia V4 is starting to sink in....

timjohnson2002,

The reason I asked if you used Window for the ordinate dims is because this gives you an option to turn arrow heads on or off. There are other options that may not be known by all users of Mcam. These things are what this forum is all about. How to fine tune the CAD and CAM of using Mcam to its fullest extent for everyone. HTH biggrin.gifcheers.gif

-------------------------------------

I've just tried the ordinate dimensioning without changing the globals. It does put the arrows on.

It's fine for most drawings, but some have so many dims that the arrows simply get in the way. If this choice is removed I will figure out a way to change the arrow size. (I think)

-------------------------------------

Tim - Go to Globals, Leaders/Witness/Arrows tab. Under Arrows turn off Apply to Ordinate dimensions. Now you will just get wittness lines without arrows.

-----------------------------------------------

Kinda of a little o/t here - but -

Could you make a way to have entities visable, but not pickable? And to toggle that attribute on and off? (Pick/NoPick)

And maybe the reverse of Hide - a Show/NoShow ??

----------------------------------------------

Kathy - like someone already mentioned, the level mask will do this. The limitation is that you can only mask one level at a time. If i ask for one more new function for X they will string me up from the nearest server. smile.gif We have improved entity masking in X so that you may get what you want by masking on the levels you want to have access to.