Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Benchmark 3.0

pullo

11 hours ago, cncappsjames said:

Windows 11 fresh install - 03:54 :(

Dell Precision 7750 Mobile Workstation
Intel Core i9-10885H @2.4GHz
64GB RAM DDR4 @3200 MHz
NVidia Quadro RTX 4000
Samsung 990 EVO Pro PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD
3D Connexion SpaceNavigator
Windows 11 Pro
Mastercam 2023 Update 3

Seems a bit slow, I don't have much experience with Win11 so far. Are there any energy saving settings activated?

15 hours ago, cncappsjames said:

Windows 11 fresh install - 03:54 :(

Dell Precision 7750 Mobile Workstation
Intel Core i9-10885H @2.4GHz
64GB RAM DDR4 @3200 MHz
NVidia Quadro RTX 4000
Samsung 990 EVO Pro PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD
3D Connexion SpaceNavigator
Windows 11 Pro
Mastercam 2023 Update 3

You're going to want to open it up and apply better thermal paste between the CPU and the heatsink/heatpipes.  It's almost certainly thermal throttling.  You can verify by downloading and running hwinfo64 or similar and watch your temp and clock speeds while running the test.  

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Simon Kausch said:

Seems a bit slow, I don't have much experience with Win11 so far. Are there any energy saving settings activated?

Funny you should ask that... So I went to set "Power" settings on my laptop and I've been informed my settings "use more power" and therefore "results in higher carbon emissions". 🙄

• Haha 4

Just ran the benchmark for my latest cam system, cleared 1 min 52 seconds. also while doing a file transfer backing up my NAS system. 

Mastercam 2022 

some of my other programs that used to take 6 minutes to regen, finished around 3 minutes 15 seconds, huge improvement over my last system. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, tonerudez said:

we are building two new computers, whats best now, we have 3 I7700k now  on Ron's recommendation, but replacing some older I74900?

I will be heading into this direction soon. The current Laptop is over 3-1/2 years old. It has paid for itself and time to invest into the next one. Looking at another $8k to get the best I can get so I am not waiting needlessly on the computer to do what I need. Dell doesn't offer the i9-13900HK yet, but seeing the i9-13908HX is coming out this quarter with 5.6mhz abilities would be nice to have. Maybe by the end of the year it be available.  

Here is what I would consider if I were buy 2-23-22. Dell Price $8,028.27 then I would add 4 new 2tb Samsung 990

Processor
Intel Core i9-12950HX (30 MB cache, 24 threads, 16 cores, 2.30 GHz to 5.00 GHz, vPro) [379-BEVE] / GZXSIP1 1
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro (Windows 11 Pro license included), English, French, Spanish [619-AQDH] / GH8X6VR 1
Chassis Options
Intel Core i9-12950HX, 30MB Cache, 24 Threads, 16 Core, 2.3GHz to 5.0GHz vPro [329-BGZM] / GWI41RS 1
Graphics Card
NVIDIA® RTX™ A5500, 16 GB GDDR6 [490-BHOW] / GYINS53 1
Systems Management
Manageability Disabled [631-ADLI] / GXOPL59 1
Display
17.3-inch, FHD 1920 x 1080, 60 Hz, Anti-Glare, Non-Touch, 99% DCIP3, 500 Nits, IR Cam/Mic WLAN [391-BGTB] / GAH0PV9 1
Camera
FHD/IR Camera, ExpressSign-In, Intelligent privacy, Camera Shutter, Mic [319-BBIX] / G0FNEZ5 1
Memoryi
128 GB, 1 x 128 GB, DDR5, 3600 MHz CAMM Module [370-AHCF] / GF0YHEX 1
Hard Drive
256 GB, M.2 2230, Gen 4 PCIe x4 NVMe, SSD [400-BNTE] / G4WGF7B 1
Additional Hard Drive
No Additional Hard Drive [401-AAGM] / GBAK075 1
3rd Hard Drive
4th Hard Drive
Raid Connectivity
NO RAID [780-BBFE] / G0UXYJZ 1
Keyboard
English US non-backlit keyboard with numeric keypad, 99-key [583-BHBH] / GLE3GWZ 1
PalmRest
Full Scan FIPS FPR with Smart Card, NO NFC [346-BIEZ] / G3ALS8E 1
Back Cover
SmartCard Only [354-BBFI] / G0P5OE8 1
Wirelessi
Intel Wi-Fi 6/6E (up to 6GHz) AX211 2x2 with Bluetooth Wireless [555-BHMS] / G0AR9GC 1
Mobile Broadband
No Mobile Broadband Card [556-BBCD] / GR957IY 1
Primary Battery
6 Cell, 93 Wh, Lithium Ion Polymer, Long Life Cycle, 3-year warranty [451-BCZW] / GGM15L8 1
Power
240W Power Adapter [492-BDGP] / GPVNLS5 1
ENERGY STAR
Not ENERGY STAR Qualified [387-BBDO] / G1ZWASL 1
Power Cord
E5 Power cord 1M US [450-ALLF] / GBSC2GX 1

Intel® Core™ i9-13980HX Processor

Samsung 990 Pro M2 drive

Here is a system from MSI with that Processor already built, but comes with the RTX card. Anyone willing to buy me to test I will be glad to let you know how it performs. 🤗

Titan GT77HX 13VI-042US 17.3" UHD Gaming Laptop

• Like 1
1 hour ago, crazy^millman said:

I will be heading into this direction soon. The current Laptop is over 3-1/2 years old. It has paid for itself and time to invest into the next one. Looking at another $8k to get the best I can get so I am not waiting needlessly on the computer to do what I need. Dell doesn't offer the i9-13900HK yet, but seeing the i9-13908HX is coming out this quarter with 5.6mhz abilities would be nice to have. Maybe by the end of the year it be available.  

Here is what I would consider if I were buy 2-23-22. Dell Price $8,028.27 then I would add 4 new 2tb Samsung 990

Intel® Core™ i9-13980HX Processor

Samsung 990 Pro M2 drive

Here is a system from MSI with that Processor already built, but comes with the RTX card. Anyone willing to buy me to test I will be glad to let you know how it performs. 🤗

Titan GT77HX 13VI-042US 17.3" UHD Gaming Laptop

The Gigabyte Aorus 17X AZF is available with a i9-13980HX, RTX 4090, and plenty of RAM. If you're only running Mastercam then I wouldn't be too worried about running a gaming video card, they seem to run fine and no worse than the nicest pro cards. If you're running Solidworks too then maybe the A5500 makes more sense. I've been running a 3080Ti for a while now and I've not had any issues. Of course, you have to be ok with the very gamer aesthetic, but I don't mind it myself. It's like half the price of the Dell, so that might be worth something to you.

If you go with the specs above see if you can get that RAM in a 64x2 configuration instead. Dual channel RAM has a significant performance impact compared to single channel.

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, JohnnyStauf said:

The Gigabyte Aorus 17X AZF is available with a i9-13980HX, RTX 4090, and plenty of RAM. If you're only running Mastercam then I wouldn't be too worried about running a gaming video card, they seem to run fine and no worse than the nicest pro cards. If you're running Solidworks too then maybe the A5500 makes more sense. I've been running a 3080Ti for a while now and I've not had any issues. Of course, you have to be ok with the very gamer aesthetic, but I don't mind it myself. It's like half the price of the Dell, so that might be worth something to you.

If you go with the specs above see if you can get that RAM in a 64x2 configuration instead. Dual channel RAM has a significant performance impact compared to single channel.

I run Vericut and other programs at the same time so the Video card is the last thing in my line of work to take a chance on. Thanks for putting that information up. What we all should be doing to help each other.

Before Ryzen 7xxx came out I would say clock speeds. But now I think that's a moot point. Intel does have more robust support for DDR5 RAM right now, so if you're wanting to get on the DDR5 train it's probably still the best choice for now. If you're running DDR4, or if you're willing to wait a while for Ryzen to catch up on DDR5 support then sure that would be a good route to go.

3 hours ago, Matthew Hajicek - Singularity said:

Any reason you guys prefer Intel over AMD?  I'm thinking that Ryzen 9 7950X looks pretty good.

Years of knowing the Math Processor in Intel is superior to AMD. Like anything maybe I am just not willing to take chances on things that in the past were proven issues. Just like the Video Card. I see and hear all the good things about a GTX card verses the Quardo card, but when I am putting my lively hood on the line is it worth that risk to gamble? I step up and buy Pro series Samsung drives. I know many who are happy just running the EVO series drives. Know what you know and be happy with what you know to do what you need is my thinking. So far been blessed to do what I get to do with that I have gotten to do it with.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Matthew Hajicek - Singularity said:

Any reason you guys prefer Intel over AMD?  I'm thinking that Ryzen 9 7950X looks pretty good.

If you look at the performance, Intel is still the king.

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html   (I chose single thread so the server cpu's wouldn't be on the list)

But if your looking for the better value, in the midrange sector AMD is leading

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_value_available.html

11 hours ago, Simon Kausch said:

If you look at the performance, Intel is still the king.

Yeah, for single thread.  I was looking here:

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_value_available.html#xy_scatter_graph

I'm not sure which would do the Mcam benchmark faster.  I know the price difference between $590 and $730 is insignificant when it's going to be your money maker.

• 2 weeks later...

Tweaked 12700KF - with a heavily tweaked AMD 6800xt - Found this page when a friend recruited me to build some computers for mastercam.  This has been very beneficial in figuring out best bang for buck for them. This seems a bit faster than some of what I'm seeing, am I calculating this wrong?  I'm seeing 81sec from start to finish?  I see the fella above with a 13900 over 120sec and if I'm going to build these guys what they need I want to make sure I'm comparing things the same. 

mastercam.JPG

4 hours ago, OneExhaustedFather said:

Tweaked 12700KF - with a heavily tweaked AMD 6800xt - Found this page when a friend recruited me to build some computers for mastercam.  This has been very beneficial in figuring out best bang for buck for them. This seems a bit faster than some of what I'm seeing, am I calculating this wrong?  I'm seeing 81sec from start to finish?  I see the fella above with a 13900 over 120sec and if I'm going to build these guys what they need I want to make sure I'm comparing things the same.

Looks like your time was only op3 running.