Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam X MR1/SP2 Now Available

Mastercam X MR1/SP2 has been released and is available for download. This release is available for Mastercam X Maintenance and Non Maintenance customers. This “Web Download” version of the installation has had many of the samples MCX files and videos removed to keep the size to a minimum. For a CD install version, please contact your Local Mastercam Reseller. Note: Resellers may not have these CD in stock at this time.

The MR1/SP2 release of Mastercam X is a full standalone version and not a patch or update, it can co-exist with X or SP1 as long as they are kept in separate directories. We recommend installing over your existing Mastercam X version.

If you choose to keep your existing Mastercam X installation during the install you will be prompted to run a migration utility which will copy many of your user modified files from your existing Mastercam X installation to the MR1/SP2 install. Please carefully read and follow the installation instructions.

If your maintenance has expired prior to December 1, 2005 or you are not on maintenance, then upon starting this version you will be in SP2 (Service Pack) Mode. If your maintenance has expired on December 1, 2005 or later, upon starting this version you will be in MR1 (Maintenance) Mode.

Note: Refer to the Mastercam X ReadMeMR1.htm and the Whatsnew.htm found in the Documentation folder of your MR1/SP2 installation for more detailed information.

You can access the MR1/SP2 download one of two ways.

1. From the Help Menu in Mastercam by selecting the Update Mastercam menu option.

2. From the Downloads section of the Mastercam website using this link

Mastercam Downloads .

The MR1/SP2 release of Mastercam X is a full standalone version and not a patch or update, it can co-exist with X or SP1 as long as they are kept in separate directories. We recommend installing over your existing Mastercam X version.

If you choose to keep your existing Mastercam X installation during the install you will be prompted to run a migration utility which will copy many of your user modified files from your existing Mastercam X installation to the MR1/SP2 install. Please carefully read and follow the installation instructions.

Note for International users.

If you have a NON English Windows install you must get the download from link above or from your reseller if language translation is required.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first few times I tried the update mgr it also said no updates but it did finaly show up with in the last 15 min or so. I would assume they are in the process of updating the web site. You waited this long, whats another couple of hours .... days weeks... cheers.gif kinda seems like deja vu doesn't it?

Jim,

Is it possible to get a listing of all the files (samples, PDFs, etc.) not installed/removed by this release? And is it possible to recover only these files from the original mcamx CD?

I chose to install over my existing version and didn't expect all the samples, user documentation, etc. would be removed. I only expected this behavior if I installed in a new directory.

-Brian

quote:

Note for International users.

If you have a NON English Windows install you must get the download from link above or from your reseller if language translation is required.

What is a NOT English Windows Install ???

A NOT English Windows ?? or

A NOT English Mastercam X ???

I run English Mastercam X on a PC with Spanish Windows . Wich one did I need to install ???

Thanks

quote:

If your maintenance has expired on December 1, 2005 or later, upon starting this version you will be in MR1 (Maintenance) Mode.

So those of us poor folk that maintenance expired at the end of the year can still install MR1 and it will work?

You guys rock!!

Thank you

Jody

"I chose to install over my existing version and didn't expect all the samples, user documentation, etc. would be removed. I only expected this behavior if I installed in a new directory."

I think the only way to have both would be to uninstall MR1, reinstall SP1, then install MR1 in a parallel directory.

"Lost the way I had setup toolbars and icons after installing MR1?"

If you installed over SP1 then the first thing we did was an unistall. The uninstall does not remove any files that have been created or changed by you. If you installed in a parallel directory structure the files would have been moved over to the new directories if you let the migration utility run.

"How do I turn on the system origin axes and the T/P axes. They were always infinite now they are just small triads. ALT-F9 turns the triad on and off, Display WCS axes is checked, the color of the axes is default brown and light blue. Just cant find where I am missing the setting."

John - None of that should have changed. It is all in the Configuration program.

"Is it possible to Download the CD version?"

Greg - Not at this time. It is in the 600 megabyte range and would kill the download pipeline.

"What is a NOT English Windows Install ???

A NOT English Windows ?? or

A NOT English Mastercam X ???

I run English Mastercam X on a PC with Spanish Windows . Wich one did I need to install ???"

Leandro - It is my understanding that the update service keys of of the language of your Windows O/S. But i think you should be able to grab it with the link and run it. TJ will straighten me out if i'm wrong on this.

"So those of us poor folk that maintenance expired at the end of the year can still install MR1 and it will work?"

Jody - Yes, we had every intention of releasing in December and got held up so we choose to leave the door open a little wider.

"I never updated to "SP1/Update3", too many discouraging remarks about it here on the forum.

Can I still download and run "MR1/SP2" without having the "SP1/Update3" update?"

Brian - Yes...