Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

drawing in mastercam

tazbierek

1 minute ago, tazbierek said:

Hi all.

My shop buy mastercam so i Have to learn it, 

Before i used fusion 360. Is it only me or fusion is way better and easier in drawing sketch etc? Do u guys  have a good course to drawing in mastercam? 

Thanks and sorry for that English

Mastercam doesn't have sketches, in the wireframe menu, select the rectangle line, or circle centerpoint option, solids can then be created from the solids menu using extrude.

In Mastercam geometry is unconstrained and sketches do not exist.

There are lots of tutorials by end users 

Do u Guys know any good tutorial for drawing like in fusion? 

For now i am really confused and frustrate seeing how it works in mastercam, and my 1 idea is drawing in fusion and use just cam in mastercam if its possible. For me its horrible, Maybe its only me. 

If u guys know any good tutorial let me know. Thanks 

9 minutes ago, tazbierek said:

and my 1 idea is drawing in fusion and use just cam in mastercam if its possible. 

Sure, export the geometry as an stp file, then you can consume it in mastercam.

1 minute ago, tazbierek said:

Does it make any sense? 

I mean it looks like for me it would me much easier.

Thanks for helping guys 

You can accomplish everything in Mastercam

Your boss needs to get you training...putting someone in front of a new CAM system and expecting them to just figure it out is bullcrap

As I pointed out, the tutorials you need are available on the official forum as linked above....the reseller where your boss bought Mastercam can also provide training and support.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4
56 minutes ago, tazbierek said:

Does it make any sense

If you have access to autodesk while you learn mastercam, there's no reason not to use it while you learn, you do after all have a job to do and need to be efficient.

Mastercam is a lot more user friendly so you won't have any trouble, good luck.

I find master cam easier to model with than fusion. but that's probably because I've used master cam exclusively for years.

One nice thing about fusion is if you have the sketch on the push pull is kind of intuitive for pushing and pulling out pockets and bosses based on closed chains on the face.

37 minutes ago, tazbierek said:

That was so helpful. Thanks again. Probably i will post ton of pots here. 

Go back to 1985-2000 and draw in AutoCad. Mastercam is not much different and what allowed me to be efficient at drawing and modeling in Mastercam when I started using it 20+ years ago. I was making solids that Pro-E struggled with back then. I had to design a 50 caliber helix Cartilage loader for a Military program. I then had to break it up into 1/4 sections for composite layup molds for Carbon fiber. I had to model pockets along the helix in solids so I could machine the layup tools. I had to model the scribe lines and everything. They took my models and imported them into Pro-E. I had only been using Mastercam 6 months at the time. 

We are here to help so ask away. Put up sample files they help us help you the best. You start running out of room then you can delete the content or get a free share account and share files that way. I do contract programming for a living and when I see effort it shows me someone is serious.

So one posts up a model and ask how to program this with no effort that to me screams lazy and a free loader. Not directed at you just a general observation after 17 years on this forum. Other thing is if someone is a legal user then they have nothing to hide. People using the software pirated are very vague and normally don’t want to share anything. I see users here and on the official forum that also shows being legal and legit. I use to have my company website and personal email, but was getting slammed with bots and other hacking attempts on my website. 165 attempts in 2 weeks. I removed them and had 2 in the last three weeks. I have called and have been called by many people on this forum over the years. This place is a invaluable resource to me. I was in a coma 8 years ago and this forum got together and sent money to my wife to help keep a roof over our head and food on the table. I can never repay that and why I help as much as I do. Have a good weekend and welcome to the Emastercam community. :thumbsup:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, crazy^millman said:

Go back to 1985-2000 and draw in AutoCad. Mastercam is not much different and what allowed me to be efficient at drawing and modeling in Mastercam when I started using it 20+ years ago. I was making solids that Pro-E struggled with back then. I had to design a 50 caliber helix Cartilage loader for a Military program. I then had to break it up into 1/4 sections for composite layup molds for Carbon fiber. I had to model pockets along the helix in solids so I could machine the layup tools. I had to model the scribe lines and everything. They took my models and imported them into Pro-E. I had only been using Mastercam 6 months at the time. 

We are here to help so ask away. Put up sample files they help us help you the best. You start running out of room then you can delete the content or get a free share account and share files that way. I do contract programming for a living and when I see effort it shows me someone is serious.

So one posts up a model and ask how to program this with no effort that to me screams lazy and a free loader. Not directed at you just a general observation after 17 years on this forum. Other thing is if someone is a legal user then they have nothing to hide. People using the software pirated are very vague and normally don’t want to share anything. I see users here and on the official forum that also shows being legal and legit. I use to have my company website and personal email, but was getting slammed with bots and other hacking attempts on my website. 165 attempts in 2 weeks. I removed them and had 2 in the last three weeks. I have called and have been called by many people on this forum over the years. This place is a invaluable resource to me. I was in a coma 8 years ago and this forum got together and sent money to my wife to help keep a roof over our head and food on the table. I can never repay that and why I help as much as I do. Have a good weekend and welcome to the Emastercam community. :thumbsup:

Thats a really kind. 

I fell really better now when i know that im here :) 

Thank so much again. I started MastercamSolidsTutorial as u recommended me and looks fine.

On 9/6/2020 at 3:41 PM, tazbierek said:

Thats a really kind. 

I fell really better now when i know that im here :) 

Thank so much again. I started MastercamSolidsTutorial as u recommended me and looks fine.

Also check out this free online training that Mastercam is currently offering, its a great course and very informative,

Free until December 31st! https://signup.mastercam.com/free-mastercam-training

• Like 2
2 hours ago, AMCNitro said:

Ive never use Fusion, Ive always just draw on MC(used to draw on CadKey back in the day) and Im teaching myself SW right, and I HATE SW.  MC is so much simpler...

That's what I thought many years ago.  I have my own seat of MC and could draw anything I wanted using it.  Then my son was taking Solidworks classes, and we would have competitions creating solid models, and I seen how much better Solidworks handled that.   I also noticed that a lot of programming jobs also wanted someone that knew Solidworks.

So, I took a couple of evening classes in Solidworks, and did many hours of modeling at home with things I found around the house, etc.  Now I use it exclusively at work for modeling, but more for designing fixtures!  Once you get use to changing back and forth between the two you will see it is a very powerful tool in being a programmer.

3 hours ago, Roger said:
6 hours ago, AMCNitro said:

Ive never use Fusion, Ive always just draw on MC(used to draw on CadKey back in the day) and Im teaching myself SW right, and I HATE SW.  MC is so much simpler...

That's what I thought many years ago.  I have my own seat of MC and could draw anything I wanted using it.  Then my son was taking Solidworks classes, and we would have competitions creating solid models, and I seen how much better Solidworks handled that.   I also noticed that a lot of programming jobs also wanted someone that knew Solidworks.

So, I took a couple of evening classes in Solidworks, and did many hours of modeling at home with things I found around the house, etc.  Now I use it exclusively at work for modeling, but more for designing fixtures!  Once you get use to changing back and forth between the two you will see it is a very powerful tool in being a programmer.

I haven't tried sw, but I have done some modeling in fusion and catia, I prefer mastercam, especially since the solid no history option.

11 hours ago, Roger said:

I agree that its incredibly powerful, and the more I learn the better it gets.  I also understand why its complicated, I just feel that there's a few things that could be simpler.  The company Im with right now has given me the opportunity to learn it, and Im relishing the challenge.  Im designing molds(also learning how, even though that's my machining background), and its funny because some of the operations I have to perform are beyond even some of the most experienced engineers here.  

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, AMCNitro said:

I agree that its incredibly powerful, and the more I learn the better it gets.  I also understand why its complicated, I just feel that there's a few things that could be simpler.  The company Im with right now has given me the opportunity to learn it, and Im relishing the challenge.  Im designing molds(also learning how, even though that's my machining background), and its funny because some of the operations I have to perform are beyond even some of the most experienced engineers here.  

Amazing what passes for Experienced Engineers now a days isn't it? :coffee:

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, nickbe10 said:

That's very generous of you JP...and possibly a little insulting to bullcrap artists...

Having been on the support end of an owner buying software and users with no training at all calling for support.....my tolerance of that is rather limited  ;)

• Like 1
Just now, JParis said:

Having been on the support end of an owner buying software and users with no training at all calling for support.....my tolerance of that is rather limited  ;)

Having worked with such people I have no tolerance left, just let'em learn the hard way.

It's not that they are necessarily stupid, just a little arrogant. The great "boot" of the machine shop arriving from on high to visit the fool with his manhood reeled out beyond his control usually gets the arrogance under control, very suddenly.