Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Australian NewZealand users

sike

Welcome to the forum Sike. I'm not from Australia, but as Greg said there is a few members that post on regular basis. You have just entered the best "help" site regarding Mastercam. Tell us a little about yourself. What version are you using? Lathe, Mill, Wire?

Welcome to the forum, sike biggrin.gif

Last year, my wife and I went to Sydney, Australia for two weeks. the first week we were at the Hillsong Conference and the 2nd on vacation. The best time ever. I really love the Blue Mountain Tour and the wine tours we took.

Looking forward to another trip in a few years.

PS do a search on the forum using Australia and New Zealand. That might help you find some of your mates. cool.gif

PPS The forum is a great place to meet new friends and learn a lot about everything. biggrin.gif

Just keep in mind, enjoy life and have fun doing it.

Code_Breaker

cheers.gif

Hello sike

I'm from Adelaide.

I don't spend much time on the forum.

usually had enough after 10 hours a work.

just had a quick look and saw your post.

wellcome to the forum

we have 9 licences

5 mill 2 design 1 wire and 1 lathe.

many thanks to all who contibute to the forum i've found lots of helpful info over the years

bb

Well Its good to finally know some other people using MC I didnt even know about this forum untill 3 days ago when i checked out the MC web page. My employer has had MC mill for about 6 years now But we are still a fare way off the pace in my opinion so ive been looking to try find other users to get some tips and info from. I finished an apprenticeship just over two years ago and about the same time another staff member left so finally i have gotten a chance to get in to MC a lot more but since doing so i have noticed the last guys way was NOT the way.

We are a small general machine shop with two extron mills one 3 axis and the other has 3 and a rotary axis aswell.

We also have one 0TD fanuc controlled lathe which we stil have to programe manually unfortunatly.

Do most of you have seperate cnc operators and programers or do you do Both?

thanx Jim

Im a Toolmaker by trade,got the chance to get onto a NC just out of my time just basically setting it up and running programes made by the programmer.I took all the books home and self taught myself programming on the controller(Heidenhein).Then started doing basic programes on the controller at work.

I then enrolled in night school and did 3 years part time of Matercam. Cam units 1 threw to 6.Had 3 jobs since in tooling using mastercam as a programmer operater.Now i work for a large Aircraft manufacturer as the head programmer programming 3 axis ,5 axis machining centres,lathes,and lathemill machines.I love my job and find it very rewarding to see an end product that you have programmed come of the machine.

Good Luck cheers.gif

Welcome to the site Sike

I have only posted on the forum a couple of times

but i jump on a few times a week to read through. I always come away with a little bit more than knowlege before. Thanks to everyone that is involved . I,m sure you will find the forum a great help in problem solving.

I am a toolmaker in a Melbourne based company

running a Okumamb56va V.M.C. .Only used M.C. over

the last year. After 15 years of I.S.O. progamming

this is a real treat to work with.

welcome to the forum

cheers.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sike

I am from Newcastle NSW and teach Mastercam with the CAM subjects 1 to 6. We have 20 licences and I have found this forum very good for information.

In some (..most) cases better than our Mastercam dealer. However our dealer has modified our posts to suit our machines.

We have been using it for about 18 months and I do not like the DOS interface but the program works well and does an excellent job.

I am hoping that version 10 will look and work like a windows program should.

We have two Okuma lathes one with a C axis and an Okuma vertical machining centre with a 4th axis.

The reason we purchased Mastercam is that there are quite a few workshops around Newcastle that use this software.

Our area is basically a maintenance area so our operators work and program their machines.

I don't get much of a chance to use this forum unless I want something. Bit selfish I suppose.. but I don't get the time.

Regards