Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Listen to this

mold100

Coincenidence, I just talked to a guy who might as well started the solids thread.

Interview for potential wire guy:

Ist line in special abilities "3rd Ranked wire set-up/programmer in U.S.

I asked who ranks that - The pennsylvania mold chapter - I said oh -(I at this point didnt tell him I relocated here myself from Pa, a year ago and never heard of that) I must have worked in a shell-it gets better

27 years old Resume says 30 years wire exp? So me being the Idiot I am asked how is that.

Well I have been trained by the best - the man who trianed me has 28 years wire exp (have they been around that long?), and I myself have 2 years so that comes out to 30 years. (that means I got like 600 years Bridgeport experience)

Also someone fell for this - He left Pa. 7 mths ago making 9.50 an hour he started at One of the worlds largest electrical connector facilities in the world as second shift manager for 21.75 plus shift bonus. WTF Glad it was over the phone, he would have been pissed if I he could see the changes i made to his app.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

ROFL!!!! OMG!!!! I've heard of embellishing your resume but that's off the charts.

I suppose I have 1,000 years of CAM experience if I lump together my experience plus anybody else who's ever taught me anything about CAM... rolleyes.gif

Hey! Quit picking on the dude. I think he's on to something.

I'm gonna find me a grey haired airline captain to give me a biannual flight review (been four years since I flew last) pick me up 25,000 hrs of jet flight experience and be flying 747s next week.

Adios machine shops. cool.gif

A kid (19 or 20 ish) came in here last week to deliver some parts... Told me he wanted to get into the Racing business... Gave me his resume then proceeded to tell me that he literally knew EVERYTHING about Racing Engines and building them... He said all you really needed to know was how to "torque stuff"... His exact words. He told me he would have no problem telling people what they were doing wrong, then said he wouldn't sweep floors. Sweeping floors was something people BELOW him were supposed to do. His reason for this was that all the other places he worked that he swept floors, thats all they ever had him do. headscratch.gifheadscratch.gifheadscratch.gif OBVIOUSLY a true waste of his talent and abilities. I couldn't get away from this guy... He tried to talk my ear off. I told him one of the Dodge teams was hiring. cool.gif

Corey,

We would call that dude a "carpet bagger" down here. Have you already set up with Katie to have him come to training? When I was a manager the personell guy hired a wizard like that. The only prob was that he couldn't read a ruler. I started interviewing people then. headscratch.gif

Dan,

DO NOT send this guy to another one of my customers. If you do then you can train him. biggrin.gif

There was a thread last week bout apptitude tests? There was some good sound advice in it bout hiring people.

Oh Yeah. If you get experience by proxy then I must have like a zillion years experience. Too bad I dont know how to use it.

quote:

A kid (19 or 20 ish) came in here last week to deliver some parts... Told me he wanted to get into the Racing business... Gave me his resume then proceeded to tell me that he literally knew EVERYTHING about Racing Engines and building them... He said all you really needed to know was how to "torque stuff"... His exact words. He told me he would have no problem telling people what they were doing wrong, then said he wouldn't sweep floors. Sweeping floors was something people BELOW him were supposed to do. His reason for this was that all the other places he worked that he swept floors, thats all they ever had him do. OBVIOUSLY a true waste of his talent and abilities. I couldn't get away from this guy... He tried to talk my ear off. I told him one of the Dodge teams was hiring.

The sad part is, that he probably truly believes it.

I try and run my brain defrag utility on weekends. you can buy them in 12oz cans. quite reasonable. once in a while there are too many lost clusters and I have to do a memory dump. frown.gif nothings worse than trying to do a full restore on a monday mourning

One of my kids gave me a real hard time when he was 17. He knew every thing. So I told him to move out now before you forget. Oh - the good old days. By the way - he`s now a First Sergant in Special Forces and he calls evey week. Funny how things work out.

Happy Fathers Day to all of you. Treat you selves. Like a fishing pole and a cold one.

cheers.gifcheers.gifcheers.gifcheers.gifcheers.gif

quote:

Tell him you're sorry but the 2nd ranked wire setup/programmer also applied for the job, and based on that you decided to hire him instead.

ROFLMFAO at that!

Oh, sh!t, tears running down my face

This whole thread is pretty good but THAT is priceless....

We interviewed a guy a couple of months ago who's paperwork said CNC Machining Center setup/run; when asked what kinds of machines he had experience with he said that at his last job he ran '...a big yellow one...'

BYE

C