Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

VERSION X

slyym

The company I'm at now just recently bought a seat of mcam and the guy who came and installed it gave me a little sneak peak of version x and I was very dissapointed.They are totally changing the format of it, there making it look like auto cad, I think what he said was they were trying to make it more windows based.Were no longer gonna have the toolbar on top or the menu on the left, and I was really gettin used to it.But I guess its all good, people really dont like to change but its usaully for the good and most of the time it works better too. But I was actually hoping that all the other software companies would change over to the mcam format.

As a beta tester, I can assure you that a) it WILL take getting used to and B) it WILL be better/faster/stronger than any previous versions. Personally, I love learning new things. I also love seeing software progress, which CNC Software is doing in leaps and bounds.

only thing I'm hopin for is that you can still hit the letter for the menu item you want. I kind of trained myself to do that and got pretty good at it . you can actually draw stuff alot faster instead of using the mouse to click on every menu item , and you right arm doesnt get as tired.

quote:

i'm sure there is a reason for this but why does the file extension change with each version

It is a good thing. we come to know whether we can open it or not. In other software they keep the same extesion and file don't open.

e.g.All versions of autocad is having dwg extension but you can't open a file made in 2000 in 14. But if it is sent by a customer how will you ever come to know.

Somebody said

quote:

I love mastercam and mastercam loves me back.

cheers.gif

quote:

It is a good thing. we come to know whether we can open it or not. In other software they keep the same extesion and file don't open.

e.g.All versions of autocad is having dwg extension but you can't open a file made in 2000 in 14. But if it is sent by a customer how will you ever come to know.

I see!! makes sense now!! bonk.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...hey i thought when we got maint. it did come

with hot chicks and bud light....

You have the wrong reseller.... biggrin.gifbiggrin.giftongue.giftongue.gif

We're not supposed to say anything really but as a beta tester I will say I am satisfied with the progress of X. It is different, but these changes are going in the right direction in a lot of aspects. I will now shut my pie hole lest I become an ex - X Beta Tester. BTW Beta 2 just came out yesterday and it looks like CNC has been listening with both ears to the resellers and Beta Testers. biggrin.gif

:twothumbsup: