Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

New to Mastercam

benji

benji,

Welcome to the forum! cheers.gif This is a great place to hang out and make friends with people from all over the planet. Heck, we even let guys from Oregon in! biggrin.gif Just kidding.

Don't be afraid to ask, answer, or comment on anything. A common phrase here is "We're here to help and be helped."

How about a little bit of your background? Machining ?, design ?, what level of MC are you using...etc

Thad

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome Benji! I'm also pretty new around here, and to mastercam. I havent had much time to play around with it, but I find that even if I dont have a problem or question emastercam can be a great place for info. It's nice to know that there are people around that are willing to help out with problems smile.gif

Well, I'm new here and to Mastercam too. I'll give a little background because I'm probably going to be asking alot of questions as I try to get up to speed.

I have Mastercam Router v9. We have just purchased a Thermwood Model 40 cnc router and will be using Mastercam to draw and cut those things not done in my cabinet software.

My cad experience is sparse. I took a 13 week autocad class back in 95 and never got comfortable with it and stopped trying.

I used to have a Shopbot and used Vector Cad/Cam for that application. Right now, Mastercam seems very complicated to use as compared to Vector. I realize that Mastercam has greater features too.

Thanks,

Chris Robinson

Wytheville, VA

• 3 years later...

Welcome aboard fellas. Don't hesitate to ask questions. Myself, I program 4 model 67 5 Axis and 1 model 45 3 axis machine with aggregate. It has been my experience that this forum is better for getting me the help and answers I need than tech support or Thermwood's forum for everything from Thermwood help to mastercam, to whatever.

cheers.gif

cheers.gif Welcome Benji, I am new as well, and in my short experience here I have discovered that there are some Very talented, knowledgeable, friendly and helpful people here! this place is better than ANY Tech support I have come into contact with! Enjoy this blessing of a forum, and all of its benefits. cheers.gif

produca2,

Just a word to the wise.

When digging through older posts, you might want to check out the date of the original post.

This one is 4 years old

biggrin.gif